Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Obamacare...(new title): GOP DEATH PLAN: Don-Ryan's Express

JMS

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

Good day for lobbyists, Big Pharma, and a bad one for Americans. God help the poor, elderly, disabled, women and the rest of us.

Big Insurance more than Big Pharma. They were going to sell their products on the ACA or not. Well, maybe not now because if it's not covered. Then folks won't fill their RX

7 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Big Insurance more than Big Pharma. They were going to sell their products on the ACA or not. Well, maybe not now because if it's not covered. Then folks won't fill their RX

True, but I suspect if this passes the price negotiated for us to pay for medicines will now be far more favorable to both the insurers and the Pharma companies. Subsequently, the consumer will bare much more of the cost, whether we have insurance or not.

Just now, Burgold said:

True, but I suspect if this passes the price negotiated for us to pay for medicines will now be far more favorable to both the insurers and the Pharma companies. Subsequently, the consumer will bare much more of the cost, whether we have insurance or not.

Perhaps. We'll see. I'm sure they'll be fine.

Side note - We kind of made our own bed here. We can blame the Electoral College, Gerrymandering, Career Politicians, "Fake News", whatever. A lot of people who will be potentially crushed by this, voted for it.

I buy my insurance through the ACA and will buy it in the future because I don't see it as an option. Sadly, there are a lot of people who are going to have to choose between buying themselves healthcare at whatever costs end up being along with whatever they are really getting for it.......and other things in life. 

Yeah, we need to see what happens on the Senate side. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, twa said:

Congress has always been exempt from ACA as far as I know.

As usual, you're wrong. Congress was previously covered under the same insurance plan as other fed workers. ACA required them to purchase their insurance on the exchanges. As I understand it, they do get some perks that ordinary folks don't though. One perk they wrote in for themselves was that if the plan they just passed causes them to lose coverage, they can go back to the fed employee plan...just like everyone else in the country, right? cool-no-smiley-emoticon.gif

3 hours ago, Kilmer17 said:

The GOP doesnt have 60 votes.  They can claim Dem obstruction

If the Dems are smart, they'll take the high ground and promise not to obstruct and abstain on the vote. Sadly, they're not smart.

1 hour ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Perhaps. We'll see. I'm sure they'll be fine.

Side note - We kind of made our own bed here. We can blame the Electoral College, Gerrymandering, Career Politicians, "Fake News", whatever. A lot of people who will be potentially crushed by this, voted for it.

I buy my insurance through the ACA and will buy it in the future because I don't see it as an option. Sadly, there are a lot of people who are going to have to choose between buying themselves healthcare at whatever costs end up being along with whatever they are really getting for it.......and other things in life.

Many of them will be Trump voters. Me...

you-asked-for-it_o_948541.jpg

1 hour ago, The Sisko said:

As usual, you're wrong. Congress was previously covered under the same insurance plan as other fed workers. ACA required them to purchase their insurance on the exchanges.

and exempted from the same rules as you and I AND given small employer status by Obama despite clearly not qualifying.

Required obviously meant something different for them.

16 minutes ago, twa said:

and exempted from the same rules as you and I AND given small employer status by Obama despite clearly not qualifying.

Required obviously meant something different for them.

Way to pull a Dump on that one.

I have no idea what is in the current bill. I think it happened basically overnight. But, Obamacare as envisioned would have worked.  But, republicans got the courts to gut everything out of it that made it work, then exclaimed "its going to fail anyway if we don't fix it"... So i guess, yeah, something had to happen but that's only because of the courts.  The courts are by far the most powerful branch of government.. 

Edited by RedskinsMayne

I love how one of the main talking points of the right was how Obamacare was basically passed by hastily pushing it through in the middle of the night without actually debating it or whatever, even though there were dozens of hearings on it and it was debated for a year before it was passed. And then they turn around and do exactly what they falsely accused the Democrats of doing with Obamacare. This bill was debated for literally 2 days and had precisely zero hearings or anything else of that nature. They didn't even wait for the goddamn CBO score on it before rushing it through. This is going to hang around the necks of those that voted for it like million ton albatross. I hope there are videos/pictures of the Rs drinking beers and celebrating it...should make for some really interesting attack ads in 2018.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 2

But hey - the old, rich folks got theirs, right? To hell with everyone else. "I got mine. You all can go kick rocks." That's the American way, isn't it?

Never mind making sure the next generation has it better than you. Never mind the orphans and widows and people who are disabled. "They should have pulled themselves up by their bootstraps more, right? They only have themselves to blame. They should've looked for more tax loopholes and picked more pockets like my father did."

• Like 2

It won't pass the Senate, y'all simma down, now!

Bob Corker, (R-TN), when asked yesterday morning about it, said NO.  It's not even being considered.  He said no health care repeal/replace is...

It's been a long time since I've believed a Republican, but I think he's heard it from his state, and he ain't goin' there.  Gave me hope, and a good laugh at the pundits who think this could actually get through. 

(Nancy is a goddess...I laughed so hard at her "glowing in the dark" statement...*yeah, you fools...you own that ****.*)

As usual, they are trying to play both sides, voting for this atrocity and then immediately trying to avoid the blame. Color me shocked.

I'm glad though, glad they finally passed this in the House 'cuz now each and every one of those pieces of **** are on the record for this, squirm and squeal all you want, this WILL be a major issue in the midterms.

• Like 1

House Republicans: "We want to do this, to gut the system and steal the loot, funnel public monies to those that will kick it back to our reelection campaigns, but we don't want any blowback, we have to have some way to avoid the blame, deny the responsibility and stifle the opposition. So we need a frontman, I know, let's get a doctor to carry the weight on this bill. Anyone got any suggestion?"

mm.jpg

• Like 2