Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Obamacare...(new title): GOP DEATH PLAN: Don-Ryan's Express

JMS

Welp, on to the Senate then. 

Remember, while you can force a 51 win vote with reconciliation, you can't pass comprehensive health-care reform from reconciliation alone. It only applies to the parts of the law that directly effect the federal budget and its tricky to argue what does and doesn't.

The ACA passed a 60-39 Senate vote prior to the reconciliation votes the Dems used to get it through. 

6 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

These ****s are gutting ACA protections for everybody else, but the pricks in Congress are exempt from losing those protections? Am I understanding that correctly? 

Plus cutting $800 billion from Medicaid, plus a $50 billion tax cut for the very rich.  

/cracks a bud light

Edited by TryTheBeal!

10 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Plus cutting $800 billion from Medicaid, plus a $50 billion tax cut for the very rich.  

I'm so loving this right now. I doubt the Senate will pass this in a form that the House will agree to. However I certainly hope they get it done. Sack up Meemaw. The folks you voted for are gonna get you to glory early!

...and if they still don't get it done, it will be interesting to see how GOP voters react to a GOP congress that failed to repeal and replace Obamacare when they had all the cards. Not to mention how the expected ability to shift that $$ into tax cuts for the wealthy will play. Do these alleged fiscal conservatives do it anyway and balloon the debt when the massive increase in the economy and tax revenue doesn't happen, use cuts to entitlements to fund it, or do they explain to their voters that they were lying all along? Oh wait, I know how they'll explain it. O-BOMMUH!

*Edit* I'm going to write my red state senators this evening and will call them in a few days to express my anger and outrage if this doesn't pass. I'll be urging everyone I know to do the same. ??

Edited by The Sisko

1 minute ago, Hersh said:

Setting up the Senate to vote down this nonsense. 

That might be the endgame play by the GOP.  They can go back to their districts and claim they did their part to repeal and replace, but it couldnt get past the Senate.  The Senate can claim high ground and let it just die.  Trump will claim the greatest victory ever and head to Mar a Lago.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

That might be the endgame play by the GOP.  They can go back to their districts and claim they did their part to repeal and replace, but it couldnt get past the Senate.  The Senate can claim high ground and let it just die.  Trump will claim the greatest victory ever and head to Mar a Lago.

I don't think it's going to go over well if the CBO report comes back they voted for a bill throwing over 20 million off insurance. At least that wouldn't be my strategy to win re-election. 

4 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I don't think it's going to go over well if the CBO report comes back they voted for a bill throwing over 20 million off insurance. At least that wouldn't be my strategy to win re-election. 

That's just a number.  People will continue to vote based on their own situation.

8 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

I don't know. Saying we would have passed it if it wasn't for the Republican controlled Senate doesn't sound like good strategy to me. Not a Republican voter so dont know if this is gonna sell. A lot of people put their name next to this turdburger.

32 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

These ****s are gutting ACA protections for everybody else, but the pricks in Congress are exempt from losing those protections? Am I understanding that correctly? 

Congress has always been exempt from ACA as far as I know.

2 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

I don't know. Saying we would have passed it if it wasn't for the Republican controlled Senate doesn't sound like good strategy to me. Not a Republican voter so dont know if this is gonna sell. A lot of people put their name next to this turdburger.

The GOP doesnt have 60 votes.  They can claim Dem obstruction

17 minutes ago, visionary said:

What a colossal asshole Donald Trump is.  I could not detest a person any more.

Hey Steve King of Iowa, here's a finger for you:

lHXWok2MQk66MDCPdFCM_Whose%20Line%20Is%2

Edited by Dan T.

48 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Good day for lobbyists, Big Pharma, and a bad one for Americans. God help the poor, elderly, disabled, women and the rest of us.

Meh. They're just worthless drags on the productive members of society anyway.

So has the GOP finally just given up and admitted "yes, yes. We're evil. We own it now and we're going all in on it"? First voting for a horrible bill that will boot tens of millions of people off of their insurance, cut tons of money for care for the most vulnerable in our society, and give a ton of money to the wealthy.......and then going and POUNDING BEERS WHILE CELEBRATING THAT? Are they trying out for a cartoon movie villain role or something? This is off the goddamn hook. Just incredible. It seems Trump's awful persona is basically rubbing off on them.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1