Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Obamacare...(new title): GOP DEATH PLAN: Don-Ryan's Express

JMS

8 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Blows me away how woefully awful the Dems are at taking advantage of things like this. The guys who invented that fidget spinner would do a better job.

I know, right?  I'd have a couple dozen doctors up on a stage talking about how many lives they've saved.

~guess they're still busy, 'cuz it won't get better anytime soon~

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

I am happy it failed in that perhaps a few of Trump's followers will realize how completely full of **** he was when he was touting his incredible skills at deal making and how easy it would be for him to get things done. He has shown next to zero leadership on an issue that needs to be taken care of before much of his the rest of his agenda can pass. Instead he is watching golf at his country club and raking in money.

Well, to be fair, nobody knew health care was this complicated.

---

I'm going to do the Republicans a favor.  A two-step process to solve the health nation's health care problem.

1. Fix the current system.  Encourage younger, healthier participants by reducing SOME of the mandatory requirements in all health care plans so insurers can tailor some plans for them and by making the penalty steeper for non-participants, drawing in jittery insurers who will be bolstered by enrollment of healthier people.   Strong arm - or otherwise incentivize non-participating States to participate in the Medicaid programs, drawing higher cost, sicker people there instead of marketplace plans.  Stop declaring EVERY FIVE MINUTES that Obamacare is dead and a disaster (I'm looking at you, Mr. Wrinkly Sack of Cheez Whiz), which otherwise scares the **** out of insurers and forces them to retreat from marketplaces.

2. Then, when these fixes are in place, label these fixes anything you want other than Obamacare.  Hell, call it the Affordable Care Act II- your base won't know the difference. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

I am happy it failed in that perhaps a few of Trump's followers will realize how completely full of **** he was when he was touting his incredible skills at deal making and how easy it would be for him to get things done. He has shown next to zero leadership on an issue that needs to be taken care of before much of his the rest of his agenda can pass. Instead he is watching golf at his country club and raking in money.

And you are forgetting he claimed repeatedly that he had a great plan that would be great. That should be on a web ad now with this spectacular failure. 

2 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I'm heart broken that this failed.  Heart broken I tell ya.

Also the dems suck and get no political capital out of this.  They have to be more than "not the Republican Party".

Was thinking about this earlier. It won't be enough to sit back and say "we still have ACA and will maintain it." Gotta keep pushing improvements, coverage expansions, etc 

I say that realizing that's literally exactly what Hillary did and that it's difficult to have serious policy discussions with dip**** constituents in this country. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Also the dems suck and get no political capital out of this.  They have to be more than "not the Republican Party".

The Dems are attempting to get Medicaid expansion in the remaining 19 hold out states. 

On the ballot in NM. Will be determined by state elections in VA this year. 

Until 2020 isn't much they can do besides block the GOP efforts to nuke ACA and win governorships and state races to expand coverage.

58 minutes ago, Hersh said:

And you are forgetting he claimed repeatedly that he had a great plan that would be great. That should be on a web ad now with this spectacular failure. 

Besides having no plan, the GOP is realizing how terrible Trump is at pitching policy to the public. 

Obama held town halls all over the country to advocate for the ACA. Trump can't even put two sentences together.

• Like 7

Aid: here's your speech notes, remember we're pushing the Healthcare initiative, we need $person's vote 

Trump: got it

*trump walks to the podium*

Trump: the fake new media is unfair to me and my family *nonsensical gibberish, double talk, etc*

He can't advocate for the party platform. He's in potentially serious legal issues and he can't even not contradict his official responses from his lawyers.

I don't get what the gop is doing. Pence would push their agenda, and I haven't met a trump supporter yet that doesn't like Pence. They could easily win over the base, plus the base will not vote for a Democrat and the gop base is the most reliable voting bloc in the country (which is why low total voter turnout almost always favors the gop)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Springfield said:

Any ideas on how the GOP can be more than the "Not the Trump party"?

Seriously, ideas are needed.

Edited by TryTheBeal!

3 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Any ideas on how the GOP can be more the "Not the Trump party"?

Seriously, ideas are needed.

Near as I can tell, the major difference between Trump and the GOP is competence.  

Been awhile since I stuck my head in here... when is Trump going to realize the President needs to be a moderate force and lead instead of idealouge (sp?).

GOP has been caught kneecapping healthcare system -- frankly both parties are fighting over the drape colors as the house burns.  

So now isn't GOP stuck with choice of supporting their precious insurers or screwing over millions of Americans --- and Trump is gloating over screwing with Americans?

7 years of "repeal and replace"... 7 years to come up with a viable alternative.  Its okay, pivot to tax cuts for the rich... 

7 hours ago, Fergasun said:

Been awhile since I stuck my head in here... when is Trump going to realize the President needs to be a moderate force and lead instead of idealouge (sp?).

GOP has been caught kneecapping healthcare system -- frankly both parties are fighting over the drape colors as the house burns.  

So now isn't GOP stuck with choice of supporting their precious insurers or screwing over millions of Americans --- and Trump is gloating over screwing with Americans?

7 years of "repeal and replace"... 7 years to come up with a viable alternative.  Its okay, pivot to tax cuts for the rich... 

Heard someone (an analyst?) last night saying that since the ACA included a lot of ideas that came from the GOP, it was/is essentially a centrist Healthcare bill... and since the GOP has carried out their "scorched earth" policy towards it, they are now stuck 1) going against what they've been preaching (and campaigning on) for years or 2) trying to pass a (far right leaning) bill that looks terrible to moderate GOPers... and the majority of the country.  

I'm hopeful common sense, compromise, compassion and data wins out over ego... but I'm not holding my breath.  

• Like 1

Sean Hannity Attacks ‘Pampered, Overpaid, Spoiled’ GOP For ‘Epic Failure’

Sean Hannity issued a scathing attack Tuesday night on Congressional Republicans for failing once again to “repeal and replace” the Affordable Care Act. And he called for GOP members to “step up and get the job done or get out of Washington.” 

The Fox News host railed against Republicans in Congress for blowing their big chance, calling members of the Senate “pampered, overpaid and spoiled” for work perks that include taxpayer-subsidized haircuts. 

“I, and so many of us in the country, we have run out of patience with you,” Hannity said. “You are the do-nothing GOP lawmakers. And up to now ― and to be very very honest, and it’s really sad ― you’re pretty useless. And all you have now is excuses and broken promises.”

more from the link.

Just another moment where you wonder who is actually paying Hannity here? Some of that offshore money from Russia to Trump finding its way to another account for Sean? Not that crazy to wonder.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LD0506 said:

Good one!

I know, right?  Should have been more clear in that I hope some of the more moderate GOPers put country over party... most of the rest are a lost cause (and/or they believe completely screwing over the little people will be good for them).  

I think what most people forget is the degree to which the Democrats bent over backwards adding goodies to try to lure a couple of Republicans over so they could make Obamacare seem bipartisan. They absolutely forget that Obamacare was mostly modeled on Romneycare, a GOP plan, that had been highly popular with conservatives up until the Dems used it for the healthcare reform framework.

• Like 4