Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo Sports: Robert Griffin III's arm has already earned legendary status at Redskins camp

HOF44

I just want to throw a shout out to Rex Grossman.

He's being a good guy here and sounds like he geniunely wants to help RGIII along in his development and Rex knows this offense well.

I actually think at this point that Rex is an excellent asset to this team right now.

Thanks for being a stand up guy and continuing to help the team, a lot of people probably would have flamed out after all that.

You like Rome? I know the whole Jim Everret thing was hilarious but Rome really is a good interviewer. Looking forward to "The Arm"'s appearance on his show.

I'm not a huge fan of Rome, but he is a good interviewer. I'll definitely try to catch the interview.

(surpresses excited smile...)

(repeats the mantra "he's still a rookie...he's still a rookie...")

I know, it's kinda weird to be feeling giddy like a girl..........................

..........of course, not so weird that I'm not gonna do it

You lucky dog... :ols: I need to call them and see if i can parlay a deal out of them.

I've tried in the past, but I'm not good at bluffing, hence, I never play poker. But my mom is great at doing that and she got the freebee last year. I'm going to have her call as "Mrs. Walker" since she and my wife are both Mrs. Walker and see if she can get me the better deal. At least the $199.

The first thing I noticed from his pro day is that he put's a LOT of spin on the ball. It comes from his mechanics. You can see that he puts a lot of energy into driving his hand down and letting the ball spin off of his fingers. That's why he's so accurate IMO. It's probably what he worked on when throwing from that chair while he was injured. Having already seen he can throw deep and with touch, I'm glad to hear he has the velocity to throw bullets when he needs to.

Dear god, I cant wait to see him play this season.

This article reminds me of something one analyst (can't remember who though) said about RGIII, specifically that his floor is similar to Vick's level of play. They mentioned his mobility and arm strength and basically said if he didn't straight up bust, but didn't develop either, he'd end up like Vick, with a cannon, and the ability to compensate for his lack of touch via his ability to extend plays until the defense breaks down.

Of course, RGIII could easily develop farther than Vick, and that is the hope, but this makes me optimistic about his first year. He also looked like he had accuracy and touch in college so I'm not really concerned.

I've tried in the past, but I'm not good at bluffing, hence, I never play poker. But my mom is great at doing that and she got the freebee last year. I'm going to have her call as "Mrs. Walker" since she and my wife are both Mrs. Walker and see if she can get me the better deal. At least the $199.

i think the $199 deal is automatic this year for current subscribers, if you get the basic Ticket package..$300+ package includes additional programming and features.

i think the $199 deal is automatic this year for current subscribers, if you get the basic Ticket package..$300+ package includes additional programming and features.

Gotcha. So they did lower the price this year. I'll still see if my mom can get something for free or take some more off. She's very persuasive.

Very cool quote from Trent on Griffin in the huddle

"I don’t want to brag on him too much, but from what I’ve seen these last few weeks, it’s kind of hard not to. I mean, he commands the huddle. I’ll be in the huddle and joking around. When he walks in, he’ll tap me and tell me to be quiet while he calls the play. That’s impressive for a rookie to have that kind of command over a huddle.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/post/rgiii-not-afraid-to-tell-trent-williams-to-shut-it/2012/06/01/gJQAnyxu6U_blog.html

He's being a good guy here and sounds like he geniunely wants to help RGIII along in his development and Rex knows this offense well.

I actually think at this point that Rex is an excellent asset to this team right now.

Thanks for being a stand up guy and continuing to help the team, a lot of people probably would have flamed out after all that.

Well said. Rex has flaws as a starting QB but he also has some great attributes like a sharp mind and a great attitude. I'm glad he's still on the team.

Totally agree...which is why I liked reading this:

Thought Rex Grossman threw pretty well today, hitting Brandon Banks with a pretty pass down the left sideline. Hit him in stride right at the end zone for a 40-yard score (Banks beat Josh Wilson). Grossman then hit Paul on a seam route down the field for another 40 yards. He threw the best of any QB Thursday.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/sports/redskins-confidential/2012/05/redskins-notes-and-analysis/677611

Well said. Rex has flaws as a starting QB but he also has some great attributes like a sharp mind and a great attitude. I'm glad he's still on the team.

Yes, very well said. It seems like Rex is a great guy. I don't expect him to attempt to poison the situation.

Great asset to have to help groom 2 rookie QBs.

I cant wait to see this "ARM" in action. The season still feels so far away.........

-And also I agree with the people that are saying good things about Rex. We really couldnt ask for a better vet back up IMO. He has handled this situation with class.....

"Thought Rex Grossman threw pretty well today, hitting Brandon Banks with a pretty pass down the left sideline. Hit him in stride right at the end zone for a 40-yard score (Banks beat Josh Wilson). Grossman then hit Paul on a seam route down the field for another 40 yards. He threw the best of any QB Thursday. "

good for him!!! HTTR

Haha.

We're a global company so I doubt anyone gets the reference, but I don't give a ****.

So yeah, I'm just wondering about his touch. That has been the criticism of many strong-armed QB's in the past.

I work in a shipping department of a machine parts manufacturer, and every package that goes to the DFW area gets a HTTR - RGIII inscription free of charge.

8)

I know Rex is usually a punch line these days but I have to say I am impressed with how he is handling being the "veteran backup". Praising the kid who turned you into an eternal backup and finally ended any discussions about you being a starter in the league ever again is probably tough to do. I am actually really impressed by the way he is handling that.

Edit: Sorry, I didn't read through the whole thread. Others apparently saw what I saw.

I have a feeling these DTV phone people are trained to hear the tone of people's voices to tell their intentions. Last year my wife called to cancel the Ticket and was bluffing but only got a discount. This year we were dead serious and said we didn't care about all the services. It basically went like this:

Wife: we're switching to Mediacom Family plan (no receiver box. the old fahsioned plug into the wall kind)

DTV: but you'll miss all the great services you currently enjoy such as HD, DVR, Sunday Ticket

Wife: We don't care. We're cutting back. We don't watch most of these channels, HD is not that important to us, we can buy our own DVR, and my husband knows where he can go catch any game he wants. So please send someone to pick up your equipment.

this is when she gave us all the freebies. We'll do it again after the 12 month period is up. If we don't get any discounts we will in fact leave DTV.

To keep my post subject related, It is great to see Rex standing up and being mature and hopefully a mentor. Many guys in his case would have requested a trade to another team where they'd end up as a seat warmer(temporary starter) for that franchises next young QB.

You lucky dog... :ols: I need to call them and see if i can parlay a deal out of them.

just move (cause that cheap!)

I just moved and they gave me the ticket for free, i wont have the premium redzone and "on the go" ... but I'll love without it!

*edit* to keep on subject, I also just lost all objectivity and ordered my new Griffin III jersey about 5 mins ago without ever seeing the kid play a down as a Skin

I understand the comment about touch. If he can't put a little lift on his passes, LBs will be able to sit under the route and pick him off, but he does have a good touch. At least he did in college.

I can't wait to see him roll out and flick it 60 yards to a streaking Moss or Paul or whoever and hit them in stride as they run into the endzone.

I want the first snap he takes in N.O. to be play action to Hankerson for a 74yd TD.

Even if he doesn't score...just give me a play action bomb on 1st down to open the season.

Archived