Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo Sports: Robert Griffin III's arm has already earned legendary status at Redskins camp

HOF44

I want the first snap he takes in N.O. to be play action to Hankerson for a 74yd TD.

Even if he doesn't score...just give me a play action bomb on 1st down to open the season.

if i was a betting man i would go with hard play action rollout with a double level out pattern, WR 15 yards and TE 7 yards.

get everyone to bite run, roll him out to cut the field in half and he has an easy two level read with room to run if both are covered.

i'm of the mind that coaches want qb's to have easy throws to start to inspire confidence and rhythm.

double those distances dude. I wasn't sold on RG3 until I realized that he just throws deep more often and more accurately than perhaps any QB we have seen play yet. He may change the game the way slinging sammy did.

my 500th post!

No cig?

Am enjoying mine...aaaahhhhh....

hhhhaaaaiiiilllllll............

---------- Post added June-2nd-2012 at 09:20 AM ----------

I work in a shipping department of a machine parts manufacturer, and every package that goes to the DFW area gets a HTTR - RGIII inscription free of charge.

That's so awesome!!

Hail!

Sweet......a taller, faster, smarter version of mike vick. Think we are going to need a few more bandwagons.......

Was I the only one that cringed a bit when they compared him to vick in the article? In the context I was fine with it, but at the same time I now hate anytime somebody compares him to Vick.

Best arm in the NFL is Cutler's. If "The Arm" is better than Cutler's then yes, its Legendary.

Cutler's got a cannon. Best arm...eehh, maybe not. But he's got a gun.

Cam Newton problem has the best raw arm talent in the NFL today, next to Vick. Stafford is up there too.

;)

Cutler's got a cannon. Best arm...eehh, maybe not. But he's got a gun.

Cam Newton problem has the best raw arm talent in the NFL today, next to Vick. Stafford is up there too.

:ols: Cutler has an arm, there's no doubt. But to suggest he has the best arm? Come on! :ols: And no, NLC, I'm not referring you inferred that referemce, just commenting on the fact that he has more respect than he deserves. There are numerous QBs that deserve much higher praise than Cutler. He is a decnt QB, but does not deserve this praise. ;)

Note: DHall says he appreciates the record! :evilg:

If we're only talking about the "best arm" in the sense of putting velocity and/or distance on the ball, then guys like Cutler or Jason Campbell deserve a spot near the top. Historically, Jeff George had one of the top arms, but his mind was not so top-tier. The point is, bad QBs might not have bad arms if we define how good an arm is by that.

Of course, we can adjust the definition and add in accuracy too, in which Candle would then drop off the list.

I'd equate arm level with at least "good" qb play, otherwise, as Sir Clinton said, you open up Pandoras Box.

We'd be stuck with Jamarcus Russell having one of the greatest arms of all time. Dude had a pulse rifle for an arm, but he obviously loved "Purple Drank" too much...

That´s a long build up before we see how he really works out.

Yes it is...............but its better than last year at this time thinking about Beck and Grossman - I must have been crazy thinking that somehow that was going to work out....:silly:

Yes it is...............but its better than last year at this time thinking about Beck and Grossman - I must have been crazy thinking that somehow that was going to work out....:silly:

I agree. I felt somewhat defeated, even before the season started.

I mean I understand giving your QB's a vote of confidence, but damn, Beck in particular may have played some of the worst QB ever seen in the history of the NFL

I agree. I felt somewhat defeated, even before the season started.

I mean I understand giving your QB's a vote of confidence, but damn, Beck in particular may have played some of the worst QB ever seen in the history of the NFL

I remember telling my brother that we dont have a great qb, but we have two good ones and everything was gonna be ok. It was after one of the pre-season games where Beck actually threw the ball over 10 yards. What the hell was I smoking?????????? lmao. Those games Beck played made Mark Brunell's days in Washington look like Doug Williams in the second quarter of super bowl 22............YES he played some of the WORST qb ever in the history of the nfl -

I'd equate arm level with at least "good" qb play, otherwise, as Sir Clinton said, you open up Pandoras Box.

We'd be stuck with Jamarcus Russell having one of the greatest arms of all time. Dude had a pulse rifle for an arm, but he obviously loved "Purple Drank" too much...

There is no need to muddle the mental and physical together; they are two distinct components that affect QB play. JaMarcus has amazing physical gifts, but not enough of the cerebral kind. His arm SHOULD be rated highly. His brain lowly.

JaMarcus has amazing physical gifts, but not enough of the cerebral kind. His arm SHOULD be rated highly. His brain lowly

Then I will say that he has perhaps the greatest arm in the history of the NFL.

There is no need to muddle the mental and physical together; they are two distinct components that affect QB play.

I know that, I never tried to. That is exactly why I mentioned Russell, because he had every single one of the physical tools to be able to throw the football, but that was it. He is the perfect example to use.

Heard Ryan Kerrigan interviewed on NFL radio this afternoon. Of course Miller and Kirwan asked about RG.....and Kerrigan mentioned that all the wr's and te's were talking about how hard he throws, and how quickly the ball gets to them. Kerrigan also mentioned that RG throws with a flick of his wrist....and how fast RG is outside of the pocket. Kerrigan did go on to say that with RG, it is throw first.....but just another confirmation that our rookie qb may just be able to avoid some pressure situations vice the all to familiar sack with a side of fumble.

Archived