Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo Sports: Robert Griffin III's arm has already earned legendary status at Redskins camp

HOF44

I remember there were certain knowitalls on this board that tried to argue with me about his arm strength. Anyone who watched his games and payed attention knew he had that plus the accuracy.

Agreed, but to play devil's advocate, it may depend on your definition of "arm strength.". Sounds like his mechanics are just as responsible for his deep ball as his physical strength.

I think the big thing here is the period of time when after he was injured, all that work throwing from a chair made him focus on his upper body strength and mechanics. Seriously, sit in a chair and try to throw a football, taking away all of the stepping into it and rotation, it ain't easy!

My concerns aren't arm strength or accuracy, let's see how he does reading a pro level D because none of the rest matters of he can't handle that aspect of the game.

I wonder how his touch is. You can't throw everything on a straight line.

Don't be ridiculous. The Arm can throw balls through defenders, like how that alien blew a hole through Jesse "The Body" Ventura in Predator..

I wish folks would stop with the Mike Vick comparisons - RGIII is a very different type of QB than Vick. RGIII is not as good a broken field runner or as elusive as Vick but is a MUCH better passer especially from the pocket. I think comparisons are silly but if you want one think Steve Young.

+1

Don't be ridiculous. The Arm can throw balls through defenders, like how that alien blew a hole through Jesse "The Body" Ventura in Predator..

Haha.

Nobody get me wrong on here. I'm not criticizing or doubting RGIII. He's already a local sports god. And hell, my work email signature has this as the last line:

R...G...III -- HTTR

We're a global company so I doubt anyone gets the reference, but I don't give a ****.

So yeah, I'm just wondering about his touch. That has been the criticism of many strong-armed QB's in the past.

Agreed, but to play devil's advocate, it may depend on your definition of "arm strength.". Sounds like his mechanics are just as responsible for his deep ball as his physical strength.

Nah he was throwing passes where he didnt even set his feet or contort his body to compensate that were accurate way down the field.

I understand the comment about touch. If he can't put a little lift on his passes, LBs will be able to sit under the route and pick him off, but he does have a good touch. At least he did in college.

I can't wait to see him roll out and flick it 60 yards to a streaking Moss or Paul or whoever and hit them in stride as they run into the endzone.

If Rex Grossman is praising him then you KNOW hes the real deal!

exactly what I thought when I read the article. Many times the reigning starter QB will be like an old lion trying desperately to hold to the top dog status with every fiber of their being and downplay the newbie. Rex appears to have accepted the fact that his days as starter here are done and he's just happy to still be making a paycheck.

Glad I re-upped The Ticket this year. I'm trying to cut way back on my bills and DTV was on the chopping block in favor of the less expensive cable. When telling DTV my intentions they knocked $30 off of my monthly bill and said "oh, and here's the Sunday Ticket for free for 2012." Now I'll be able to catch him every Sunday from home instead of driving somewhere else to catch a game. I'm a happy man. :)

I understand the comment about touch. If he can't put a little lift on his passes, LBs will be able to sit under the route and pick him off, but he does have a good touch. At least he did in college.

Very true. Last year, he showed the ability to dart the ball to a receiver running a crossing pattern, just as he showed the ability to loft a long ball over a corner's head to hit in stride a receiver on a go route. The guy's definitely got touch.

@jimrome: Finish strong on a Friday. Robert Griffin III, Vinny Del Negro and Danny Ferry are all in The Jungle today.

Wish I knew what time.

Rome's show comes on the radio at 9 PST, 12 EST. He generally gives a rundown of the guests at the start of his show.

Glad I re-upped The Ticket this year. I'm trying to cut way back on my bills and DTV was on the chopping block in favor of the less expensive cable. When telling DTV my intentions they knocked $30 off of my monthly bill and said "oh' date=' and here's the Sunday Ticket for free for 2012." Now I'll be able to catch him every Sunday from home instead of driving somewhere else to catch a game. I'm a happy man. :)[/quote']

You lucky dog... :ols: I need to call them and see if i can parlay a deal out of them.

Archived