Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Avengers vs. Justice League. Who would win?

skinsfan07

So were allowed to render superman powerless to win, but everyone else gets 'practice-like' conditions.

Green Lantern and Superman - just take people into near-space and they pass out.

For superman - he's 97% as fast as flash? and as strong as well superman and has distance cold/laser.

18.35seconds and 4 avengers are at zero G? Or frozen baseballs coming out their backs from their chests?

no chance you stop that without cheating.

Hulk can hit what he can't catch or see. Hulk can rip the ground out from beneath him or cause an earthuake in his path.

Flash would be a nuisance to Hulk, not much else.

Like a fly is to the butt of a bull.

~BAng

Once again, I'll introduce my very convincing talking point: Psshhh. :pfft:

Flash can move at the speed of light and vibrate himself through other molecules. The Hulk wouldn't be able to stop Flash from using an infinite variety of weapons against him.

The Avengers are a team... as I said in my previous post.. the Scarlet Witch can cause the improbable to become reality. Like cutting Flash off from his speed source, which is external.

:pfft: y'self!

~Bang

So were allowed to render superman powerless to win, but everyone else gets 'practice-like' conditions.

Green Lantern and Superman - just take people into near-space and they pass out.

For superman - he's 97% as fast as flash? and as strong as well superman and has distance cold/laser.

18.35seconds and 4 avengers are at zero G? Or frozen baseballs coming out their backs from their chests?

no chance you stop that without cheating.

Yet Supes struggles with much lesser foes in every one of his stories, but he's going to carry four avengers into space and kill them in 18.35 seconds?

yeah I think you'd have to establish a set team for each side first.

Batman, btw, takes out Iron Man 9 times out of 10, easily. Stark is a technological genius, Batman is a master strategist, brilliant detective, good with advanced technology himself, and he's a brilliant fighter. Batman disables Iron Man's suit and takes Stark out.

Assuming Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Aquaman, Martian Manhunter for JLA since they were the original group, and, Avengers originals were Iron Man, Thor, Ant Man, the Wasp, Hulk, and to even things out the next two are Captain America and Hawkeye. JLA wins it IMO. I'll even add in Quick Silver and Scarlet Witch, who joined with Hawkeye.

Batman takes out Stark's suit and then takes out Hawkeye in a good one-on-one fight. Wonder Woman and Captain America is even. Flash gets the edge over Quicksilver due solely to prominence. Superman edges out Thor then helps Green Lantern deal with Hulk. Aquaman and Wasp are the weakest of the groups IMO, and Aquaman wins that fight. Manhunter and Scarlet Witch I'd give the witch the edge, but then the other JLA members go for her, and Batman likely figures out she relies on line of sight and has Flash work with him to take her down.

Now if you had a 7 on 7 with the mightiest ever of each group, then that may be a more interesting argument, but the combo alone of Superman and Batman, ultimate strength and ultimate intelligence/strategy, gives JLA the edge IMO.

Not sure if this has been stated before or not but the three most powerful superheros (excluding the super gods) are as follows:

1. Silver Surfer

2. Thor

3. Superman

So Thor is supposed to be more powerful than Superman. FWIW.

As far as strength go the Hulk is by far the most powerful person on earth. His rage fuels his strength and there is no limit to that strength...

Superman is indestructable. In the DC Marval matchup superman's intelligence was the deciding factor. Superman was about as strong as a calm hulk and he ended the confrontation quickly before the hulk could get worked up. Don't remember exactly how he did it.. sleeper hold I think, something like that.

Marvel-Comics-Vs-DC-Comics.jpg

As for JL or Avengers... they had a match up back in the late 80's or early 90's... not sure who won....

As a fan of the genre, I have to say that JL is not really very interesting compared to Marval Universe. But that's really mostly dependent upon the writting less so the actual characters.

Justice-League-vs-Avengers.jpg

Not sure if this has been stated before or not but the three most powerful superheros (excluding the super gods) are as follows:

1. Silver Surfer

2. Thor

3. Superman

So Thor is supposed to be more powerful than Superman. FWIW.

What is this based on? Thor is a demi-God and has limits. The Hulk has beaten him before.

The teams are really fluid, but here are the current members (in comic continuity:

JLA:

Superman

Green Lantern

Wonder Woman

Cyborg

Aquaman

Batman

Flash

Captain America (Steve Rogers)

Hawkeye (Clint Barton)

Maria Hill[73][74]

Iron Man (Tony Stark)

Protector (Noh-Varr)

Quake (Daisy Johnson)

Red Hulk (General Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross)

Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew)

Thor

Vision ("Victor Shade")

Storm (Ororo Munroe)

For the sake of number fairness, I'm compelled to remove three lesser known characters from the current Avengers team (Maria Hill, Protector, Quake) and one who is more known to be a member of the X-Men (Storm). So you have these teams:

JLA:

Superman

Green Lantern

Wonder Woman

Cyborg

Aquaman

Batman

Flash

vs.

Captain America (Steve Rogers)

Hawkeye (Clint Barton)

Iron Man (Tony Stark)

Red Hulk (General Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross)

Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew)

Thor

Vision ("Victor Shade")

I'd see the match ups shaping like this:

Superman v. Red Hulk

Wonder Woman v. Thor

Batman v. Captain America

Cyborg v. Vision

Green Lantern v. Iron Man

Aquaman v. Spider-Woman

Flash v. Hawkeye

Soo ...

Superman v. Red Hulk

- Victor? Superman - Both the Hulk and Superman are virtually limitless in power, so it would come down to strategy and who makes the first mistake. I'd say it'd be Red Hulk who would make the first error that would ultimately cost him a win.

Wonder Woman v. Thor

- Victor? Thor - Despite all of her immense strength as an Amazonian, I do not see the Norse God of Thunder losing to her. This would, however, be a really intense fight due to their similar, yet unique skill sets and weapons.

Batman v. Captain America

- Victor? Batman - Another extremely close fight. Cap is incredibly strong, fast and resilient, but you cannot count out Batman and his olympian levels of strength and speed. Any strength disadvantage he might have would be equalized by his overall awareness fighting the Captain, and Bats would likely find a weakness to exploit first before Cap could.

Cyborg v. Vision

- Victor? Vision - Really powerful android. Although this would be another good fight, I think Vision's flight and his overall superior skillset gives him a major edge over Cyborg.

Green Lantern v. Iron Man

- Victor? Iron Man - This would be an even fight, but I ultimately feel that Tony Stark would be able to overcome anything GL could throw at him. He has an answer for almost anything in that suit of armor.

Aquaman v. Spider-Woman

- Victor? Aquaman - Another really tough fight, but I feel like his extreme strength, along with his extremely tough skin and endurance, would overcome anything she has to throw his way.

Flash v. Hawkeye

-Victor? Flash - Another interesting fight. If the Flash plays it like I think he would though, he would just prove to be way, way too fast for Hawkeye to get a mark on.

So in this scenario, you have a 4-3 victory for the Justice League. However, it could go either way simply because that all 7 of these matches would be really close I think ..

scaled.php?server=161&filename=comicbookguybestthreadedn6.jpg&res=landing

:dunce:

Again, I have to argue that you're vastly underestimating Green Lantern. I'll say again what I said before, I think he's the second most powerful "mainstream" superhero after Superman. The fact that you're using Hawkeye in your tandem is just... well, I think it speaks for itself. Hawkeye is to Green Lantern what an ant is to me and a paper towel. :pfft:

And I just can't see how Captain America could possibly top Batman. Batman is supposed to be the most intelligent of all super heroes. Much moreso than Ironman. To say that he could be toppled by Captain America goes against every description of these characters that I've ever seen.

Well to be fair, Capt America is just as well trained/tactical as Batman is. Remember the dude, is a super soldier for a reason. he has expansive knowledge of military training as well as hand to hand combat and fighting. Batman is a mater of martial arts as evidenced by the over 100 forms he has mastered, but so has Capt. America. So many people assume that it'd be an auto win for Batman b/c of his training and stealth, but IMO and being completely UNBIAS, I'd say it'd be a 50-50 fight. Just read a little bit more on Capt. America and you'll see what I mean. The dude literally is the PERFECT/PEAK of human strength. No human is more in tune than him. He literally is the apex of human perfection. The perfect specimen and he doesn't run out of energy. And he was a militiant mastermind. To say he isn't as stealth as Batman would be to sell Capt. short as well. If it were a fight to the death, I don't see how Batman could last.

http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/c/captainamerica.htm

Strength Level: Captain America represents the pinnacle of human physical perfection. While not superhuman, he is as strong as a human being can be. He can lift (press) a maximum of 800 pounds with supreme effort.

Known Superhuman Powers: Captain America has agility, strength, speed, endurance, and reaction time superior to any Olympic athlete who ever competed. The Super-Soldier formula that he has metabolized has enhanced all of his bodily functions to the peak of human efficiency. Notably, his body eliminates the excessive build-up of fatigue-producing poisons in his muscles, granting him phenomenal endurance.

Captain America has mastered the martial art of American-style boxing and judo, and has combined these disciplines with his own unique hand-to-hand style of combat. He engages in a daily regimen of rigorous exercise (including aerobics, weight lifting, gymnastics, and simulated combat) to keep himself in peek condition. Captain America is one of the finest human combatants Earth has ever known.

Limitations: Captain America is subject to all human vulnerabilities, although his immunity to diseases is extraordinary.

Weapons: Captain America's only weapon is his shield, a concave disk 2.5 feet in diameter, weighing 12 pounds. It is made of a unique Vibranium-Adimantium alloy that has never been duplicated. The Shield was cast by American metallurgist Dr. Myron MacLain, who was contracted by the U.S. government to create an impenetrable substance to use for tanks during World War II. During his experiments, MacLain combined Vibranium with an Adamantium-steel alloy he was working with and created the disc-shaped shield. MacLain was never able to duplicate the process due to his inability identify a still unknown factor that played a role in it. The shield was awarded to Captain America by the government several months after the beginning of his career.

The shield has great aerodynamic properties: it is able to slice through the air with minimal wind resistance and deflection of path. Its great overall resilience, combined with its natural concentric stiffness, enables it to rebound from objects with minimal loss of angular momentum. It is virtually indestructible: it is resistant to penetration, temperature extremes, and the entire electromagnetic spectrum of radiation. The only way it can be damaged in any way is by tampering with its molecular bonding.

The Avengers are a team... as I said in my previous post.. the Scarlet Witch can cause the improbable to become reality. Like cutting Flash off from his speed source, which is external.

:pfft: y'self!

~Bang

Exactly. Many fail to realize that as well. I've said before SW is vastly underrated. She could do the same thing to Green Lantern's ring and make it powerless. A lot of people are quick to dismiss the Avengers b/c of the "almighty Superman" but have done little research beyond that. haha

Well to be fair, Capt America is just as well trained/tactical as Batman is. Remember the dude, is a super soldier for a reason. he has expansive knowledge of military training as well as hand to hand combat and fighting. Batman is a mater of martial arts as evidenced by the over 100 forms he has mastered, but so has Capt. America. So many people assume that it'd be an auto win for Batman b/c of his training and stealth, but IMO and being completely UNBIAS, I'd say it'd be a 50-50 fight. Just read a little bit more on Capt. America and you'll see what I mean. The dude literally is the PERFECT/PEAK of human strength. No human is more in tune than him. He literally is the apex of human perfection. The perfect specimen and he doesn't run out of energy. And he was a militiant mastermind. To say he isn't as stealth as Batman would be to sell Capt. short as well. If it were a fight to the death, I don't see how Batman could last.

http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/c/captainamerica.htm

Cap is not like Batman. Cap took the super soldier formula which allows his body to work at peek performance effortlessly. In addition to that he's perfected various matial arts.

Batman is a fanatic and relies on his fanatical disiple to maintain his abilities. If batman were the purefect athlete, and was able to perfectly maintain his abilities, then he would equal Cap.

---------- Post added May-8th-2012 at 11:14 AM ----------

Exactly. Many fail to realize that as well. I've said before SW is vastly underrated. She could do the same thing to Green Lantern's ring and make it powerless. A lot of people are quick to dismiss the Avengers b/c of the "almighty Superman" but have done little research beyond that. haha

Only her powers are unpredictable, which is kinda a two edged sword.

Cap is not like Batman. Cap took the super soldier formula which allows his body to work at peek performance effortlessly. In addition to that he's perfected various matial arts.

Batman is a fanatic and relies on his fanatical disiple to maintain his abilities. If batman were the purefect athlete, and was able to perfectly maintain his abilities, then he would equal Cap.

Except that the Batman is much more intelligent and completely obsessive, and plans ahead in a way that Captain America never does and is incapable of doing.

Except that the Batman is much more intelligent and completely obsessive, and plans ahead in a way that Captain America never does and is incapable of doing.

When it comes to anything involving America, we can rest assured that you'll take the opposing side. :silly:

Yes absolutely... Batman is a fanatic. He tries to inspire fear. He's obsessive, badly adjusted, holds a grudge, and verges on the threshold of vigilantism. Batman is an anti hero.

You are afraid of the dark? Call Batman and he'll make whatever is in the dark afraid.

Cap is entirely different. He inspires loyalty,trust. He appeals to peoples better nature. He is in effect George Washington walking around in the modern age. A living legend.

Character wise they couldn't be more different... Now as for physical abilities... Cap is the perfect human because he took the super soldier formula. It has enhanced his healing, it has diminished the effects of old age, It has increased his strength to the capacity of the human body to obtain..

Batman hates bad guys... likes to knock the hell out of them, and works out fanatically to enable that passion. Even so Batman isn't nearly as strong as CAP... From purely a strength point of veiw Cap has a pretty big advantage.

If they actually fought, heck batman is probable an underdog in most of the fights he gets into and wins.... You are correct he's still crafty, has great toys, and willing to do anything it takes.

Boooo!! h_h. No politics in this thread...

Not political, just a fact. :)

And Cap woops Batman's ass up one side and down the other. Ain't even close. Would make for a great scene to see the caped crusader eviscerated with his own grappling hook though.

Not political, just a fact. :)

And Cap woops Batman's ass up one side and down the other. Ain't even close. Would make for a great scene to see the caped crusader eviscerated with his own grappling hook though.

The batman "Dark Knight" series which came out in the 1980's during the second Reagan adminstration pitted Superman vs Batman.

Batman as an old retired fart who comes back to Gotham city and it's over run by crime and gangs and just goes nuts. His blantant killings of the bad guys in Gotham begins to garner national attention and Reagan dispatches superman to quite batman down. Their fight was pretty cool. Batman had kryptonite gloves and starts to knock superman around...

Archived