Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Avengers vs. Justice League. Who would win?

skinsfan07

it was from some random article I found. lmao.:rotflmao:

like I said, not everything in there is accurate but besides that fact, just based on my own knowledge of Thor, I believe that he matches up pretty well against Superman.

Meh, the Scarlet Witch would just turn the Sun red... okay, I don't think that's probable, but that's how ya get Supes. That, magic and Kryptonite.

Oh, and knock knock jokes. They just knock him out.

Well only because he doesn't necessarily have to be close. I remember seeing a few times about how a nuke detonated above the US could cripple us just be the EMP it would emit.

Yes, that scenario (Batman exploding a nuke 30 miles up to disable Ironman) is silly as hell. But considering the topic, why not include it?

Um, I guess, but 1.) Batman would be sacrificing the entire continent and civilians and 2.) I imagine Iron Man would have a nuke before he could even acquire one. Perhaps Batman baited him with fast, easy women instead? Then that would be a good debate.

Meh, the Scarlet Witch would just turn the Sun red... okay, I don't think that's probable, but that's how ya get Supes. That, magic and Kryptonite.

Oh, and knock knock jokes. They just knock him out.

Yeah I said earlier that people are underrating Scarlet Witch who literally could make every member of the JLA fight against each other for eternity. But then again, Zatanna is a key player for JLA who could probably offset the chance of that happening haha.

Fact? Psshhh. Superman would pummel Thor and Sentry like Manny Pacquiao would pummel me and George Costanza. :silly:

lol I wouldn't be too sure about that. The fact that they even made a comic with Superman holding Thor's hammer is mind boggling (but hey gotta keep the readers interested somehow right?) Thor is equally as strong as Superman and has just as wide an array of powers as Superman does. And as for Sentry, he's essentially invulnerable, has superhuman speed, and hearing, can implant his memories in other people's minds, can ressurect others, can teleport in a flash, can shoot tremendous amounts of energy from his eyes and hands, and has been known to recreate himself after bodily destruction.

Again, Thor and Sentry would obliterate Superman.

I know a little about superhero stuff. Never got into comics but loved the cartoons growing up and love the movies today.

As far as Superman being the end all to The Avengers I will say this. If Lex Luther can come close to destroying Superman on more than one occasion then I'm sure The Avengers would be able to find a way lol.

Allow me to think outside the box.

Before all out battle is initiated, Batman infiltrates Bruce Banner's residence, and sedates him with a powerful seditive, then takes him to the bat cave and confines him. He then hides the Kryptonite that he "Has on his person."

So now then, how are the Avengers supposed to find kryptonite in time before they are engaged, without Hulk, and not expect to be beaten?

My take on it...

Superman is vulnerable to magic, which is part of where Thor derives his power.

So there's that.

The Hulk (in the newer variations) is a thing that is adaptable to any condition, designed to be dropped onto a country, city or a world even, and left alone to win a war by itself with no need for supply, food, anything. It can survive in any condition as it will grow whatever organ or musculature it's body needs to survive.

So, Superman would not be able to win by flying Hulk into the sun or any of the other things that Superman could conceivably do to him.

Superman is super dense, but Hulk could test just how far that density can go. Hulk will regenerate. Will Superman?

Thor and Wonder Woman would have a hell of a battle, but Thor would eventually win out, since she is not a goddess, while he is indeed a god. (I don't know why the movie trailer calls him a demi-god. He's the God of Thunder. Hercules is an example of a demi-god, who has a human parent and a god parent.)

Green Lantern is the ace in the hole, since he's a typical DC can-do-anything character.

However, given that it is comic books, Captain America can shatter his ring with a well placed throw.

Batman is utterly out of his league vs Hulk or Thor, but he'd certainly have a trick up his sleeve that could incapacitate Iron Man, but most likely whatever he would do (like an EMP), and would also disable some of Green Arrow AND Hawkeye's niftier tricks.

Batman's tricks would also piss off Captain America, who would kick ol' Brucie's ass. They're equal fighters, but Cap is much stronger and faster, and has the shield.

Martian Manhunter could easily be set on fire by Thor.

Flash is MUCH faster than Quicksilver, but his power derives from an outside source, and Quicksilver's comes from his mutation. Scarlet Witch with her ability to make the improbable probable, could conceivably cut the Flash off from his power source.

Aquaman would be useless unless anyone fell in the water.

Black Widow has no compunction against killing, and so that means Zatara is toast unless she can come up with a spell.

Avengers win. Nothing stops Hulk.

~Bang

Jla no problem. Wonder woman herself would take out ironman and hawk eye. Green lantern, superman, and batman would easily defeat the rest. Not to mention Martian Manhunter who is practically just as strong as superman. Not to mention he is a telepath, he would just destroy all their minds.

I've always enjoyed Marvel more than DC, mainly because the DC characters are too overpowered, especially Superman and the Flash. I think Superman, as he has been written in the past, might easily defeat the entire Avengers on his own.

As an aside, the coolest most interesting DC hero ever, by far, is the Batman, and he is much more dangerous than some of you are giving him credit for. He is a paranoid who plans eight moves ahead, and he would have a sneaky plan to incapacitate Iron Man long before the fight began.

I'd be rooting for the Avengers, but the JLA would mop them up.

As an aside, the coolest most interesting DC hero ever, by far, is the Batman, and he is much more dangerous than some of you are giving him credit for. He is a paranoid who plans eight moves ahead, and he would have a sneaky plan to incapacitate Iron Man long before the fight began.

Which is why I included kidnapping Bruce Banner as well. Doing in Banner and Iron Man, and engaging the Avengers, they'd be defeated before Banner would regain consciousness.

Justice League and yeah I think it's solely because of Superman foolish or not :)

This..unless the avengers have kryptonite, they are boned. Superman would crush em all day any day and twice on Sunday....

---------- Post added May-6th-2012 at 06:25 PM ----------

I've always enjoyed Marvel more than DC, mainly because the DC characters are too overpowered, especially Superman and the Flash. I think Superman, as he has been written in the past, might easily defeat the entire Avengers on his own.

I'd be rooting for the Avengers, but the JLA would mop them up.

Judge Dredd has beaten batman on more then one occasion in the graphic novels...however batman has won his fair share against Dredd as well.

I can't wait to see the reboot since its supposed to be more like the original comic with (hopefully) the psychic judge Anderson instead of judge Hershey and the comic relief of deuce bigelow

guys, Sentry is the Superman of the Avengers. Stop saying that because the JLA have Superman they'd automatically win. That just simply isn't true. Sentry could single handily take Superman down by himself, not to mention if he teamed up with Thor. Superman would stand no chance. This is simple comic/superhero knowledge.

---------- Post added May-6th-2012 at 07:37 PM ----------

Sentry can CONTROL MOLECULES for goodness sake! So let's say Superman decides to use his super breath on Sentry. Well guess what? Sentry could turn that breath into KRYPTONITE AND KILL HIM INSTANTLY! The 2 are essentially the same character except Sentry is a bit more powerful IMO.

If Superman stands no chance because of Sentry, then there is no need to debate on who would win then, 07. Unless the Justice League resort to kidnapping/guerilla superhero warfare tactics, they would be beaten handily.

Kidnap Stark, Kidnap Banner. Strap c4 ( w/ remote) to Black Widow. Green Lantern takes out Thor's hammer. Justice League wins. :ols

Then everyone gangs up on Sentry

If Superman stands no chance because of Sentry, then there is no need to debate on who would win then, 07. Unless the Justice League resort to kidnapping/guerilla superhero warfare tactics, they would be beaten handily.

Kidnap Stark, Kidnap Banner. Strap c4 ( w/ remote) to Black Widow. Green Lantern takes out Thor's hammer. Justice League wins. :ols

Then everyone gangs up on Sentry

Then who takes out Scarlet Witch? The X-Men? FF? Theres way too many variables that would come into play. Oh yea and Sentry is invulnerable and can ressurect others. Yeah he can bring people back from the dead. Sentry and Superman are evenly matched but the power of the rest of the Avengers AND him would be too much for JLA to take on. Besides who's doing all this kidnapping? And why is it so seemingly easy? Is Batman kidnapping everyone? lmao

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BatmanvsWolverine/news/?a=27856

SENTRY

Height: 6'

Weight: 194 lbs (88 kg)

Eyes: Blue

Hair: Blonde

(Powers)

Chemically Enhanced Physiology: The Sentry's superhuman powers and abilities derive from the Super Soldier Serum as the serum was increased 1000 times. Making it much more potent the experimental serum creates a phase-shift in his molecules, causing each atom to step an instant ahead of the current time line. The serum induces a photosynthetic reaction, resulting in a hyper state of consciousness. Though most of his powers and their limits are still unknown, the Sentry has been said to have the power of a million exploding suns, and he has displayed several abilities similarly possessed by Superman. He is so powerful that Mrs.Marvel admitted to Norman Osborn that what happened after Scarlet Witch breakdown will be nothing compared to what Sentry will do. The Sentry's strength greatly varies depending on his appearances, and this is mostly blamed on his mental instability caused by the Void. Depending on how mentally stable he is, he could be powerful enough to fight off Cosmic Threats.

* Superhuman Strength: The Sentry's strength varies greatly and depends on his mental stability. The Sentry possesses vast superhuman strength, granting him the ability to lift (press) far in excess of 100 tons easily. He is one of the strongest beings in the Universe. He has demonstrated several astonishing feats of strength during his career, including easily lifting tremendous weights, ripping Carnage in two (although it is not certain if he is dead), taking Terrax the Tamer's cosmic axe and shattering it with his bare hands, lifting a cruise liner effortlessly and his unrestrained power overloaded the Absorbing Man. While possessed by The Void he was able to break the Hulk's limbs with relative ease and was even able to easily overpower and defeat Ares in combat going so far he ripped him in half, presumably killing him. He can also absorb solar radiation for additional strength. His clash with the most powerful incarnation of the Hulk has suggested his physical prowess is among the elite as he was able not only to hold his own but he even gained an advantage before losing the control of his powers . The Sentry has yet to demonstrate an upper-limit to his strength, but he has shown that it can rival or it may even surpasses the likes of Hercules, the Hulk, and even those of Thor himself although this depends on his mental state.

* Superhuman Speed: The Sentry possesses the ability to think, move, and react at superhuman speeds. He has been observed catching bullets and has also been seen moving far in excess of supersonic speeds; his speed on earth is enough to be gauged as fast enough to move at orbital velocity (5 miles a second). It should also be noted that the Sentry has numerously been depicted as able to fly to the sun in a matter of moments (where it takes light over 8 minutes). This shows that his speed during inter-stellar travels is several times in excess of the speed of light, or (alternately) demonstrative of an ability to enter hyperspace.

* Superhuman Stamina: Sentry's enhanced musculature is far more efficient than that of a human. As a result his muscles produce no fatigue toxins thereby granting him theoretically unlimited stamina. However, his stamina greatly varies, depending on his mental state. If he is fully stable the Sentry is unable to tire. If he is mentally unstable he can exert himself to his peak for approximately a week.

* Superhuman Agility: Sentry's natural balance, agility, and body coordination are enhanced to levels that are far beyond the natural physical limits of even the finest human athlete.

* Superhuman Reflexes: The Sentry can react at superhuman speeds exceeding several times the speed of Sound. Sentry was able to catch a sniper bullet from an advanced Skrull gun (typical sniper bullets travel at mach 4).

* Superhuman Senses: The Sentry possesses vastly enhanced senses. He is able to hear almost any sound at any volume or pitch. The only Earth creature who can detect sounds at the frequencies he can is a blue whale (0.01-200,000 Hz). He has shown enough control to block out ambient sounds to focus on a specific source/frequency (He has demonstrated hearing a butterfly's heartbeat in Africa). The range of his eyesight is also far greater than that of a human being. He is able to detect a single person from hundreds of miles in the air and above cloud level. The full extent is unknown.

* Flight: The Sentry possesses the ability to float by unknown means, utilizing his superhuman speed to fly far above supersonic speeds (above mach 4). He has demonstrated traveling to the Sun and back in a matter of moments which would require him to fly at speeds faster than light (or bypassing normal space through a hyperspace shortcut). And during the Skrull's secret invasion he flew to Saturn (about 1 thousand-million miles distant) almost immediately, which required him either to move at multiple times the speed of light (still thought to be impossible in this spacetime) or to have bypassed space altogether thus giving the impression that he had moved faster than light-speed.

* Invulnerability: The Sentry is, for all intents and purposes, nigh invulnerable to harm. He has been seen surviving extremely harsh atmospheric conditions, including the vacuums of space. Nick Fury has stated that so far SHIELD has yet to find a way to kill him, and even Iron Man's scanners found no physiological weaknesses in the Sentry's body. However, it has been displayed multiple times that he is susceptible to mental manipulation by the Void.

* Photokinesis: It may be theorized that the Sentry also has the superhuman ability to generate, control, and emit light. This ability to produce hard-light constructs may be similar to those of Dazzler when it was revealed that the Void is a just an expression of his repressed persona, and thus his creation.

* Light Projection: By conscious control over the light he produces, he can control its direction, frequency (color), amplitude (intensity), and duration. The Sentry can produce numerous effects with the light he manipulates. He can simply cause a bright glow all about his body. He can create a pulse of light on the order of several thousand watts seconds of power, which temporarily blinds people with its brilliance. This ability has been proven to be able to calm down the Hulk.

* Energy Blasts: The Sentry can generate light, heat, force, and other forms of energy as powerful blasts and explosions of a yellow color. These blasts are usually generated from the hands and eyes. The maximum power of these blasts is unknown.

* Vast Psionic Abilities: The Sentry possesses powerful psychic and mental powers mainly used for holding his physical form together, (though it is not yet known whether the Sentry can use them the way Professor X and other psychics use theirs). The only psychic abilities he has displayed so far was implanting his memories inside Paul Jenkins' mind. The Sentry was able to erase himself from the memories of every being on the planet.

* Resurrection: The Sentry appears to be able to bring the dead back to life under extreme emotional distress. After Ultron murdered his wife, Sentry was able to resurrect her by simply touching her. It does not appear he has control over this power, as he was shocked by his ability to do such an act. This may also extend to simply healing others' injuries.

* Molecular Manipulation: Following a confrontation with Molecule Man, Robert discovered he has the powers of molecular manipulation which he had used to revert himself from the liquid Molecule man had turned him into. The extent of these powers are not yet known, but it is confirmed that they are greater than that of Molecule Man, as he was able to defeat him. However it should be noted that unlike Molecule Man, Sentry has little control of his powers. Although it is theorized that Sentry derives his power from the same source that Molecule Man does, maybe even The One Above All himself.

(Abilities)

Genius Level Intellect: Robert is very intelligent. He is capable of using his powers to detect all substances in a single object and thence determine how much of what substances make up an object. He is adept with mechanics, architecture, machinery, tracing energy sources, cybernetics, robotics and computer science. He used his great intelligence to construct his Watchtower as well as everything inside of it. Since he has never been very wealthy, it is likely he recovered all of the substances required for his Watchtower's construction from many different areas of the Earth or (perhaps) other planets as well. Once he collected the right amounts of the different substances he needed, he would then forge them into the materials and technology he needed. His other inventions include CLOC and the Watchwagon. However it is unknown if he was so intelligent before drinking the formula, or if he gained his intelligence along with his other powers.

Skilled Combatant: Robert is an above average unarmed combatant.

And why is it so seemingly easy? Is Batman kidnapping everyone? lmao

Damn right :drooley:

Instead of going to battle head on, they resort to playing a little dirty. They are now a Superhero Colombian Deathsquad, kidnapping the hell out of everyone. Kidnap Banner while he is asleep, and drug him up something good. Send in a hot chick (plant) to seduce Tony Stark , and get him completely hammered, then Batman swoops in and does the rest. 2nd victim.

Since Sentry can revive everyone, I am forced to scrap the "Hold Black Widow Hostage" plan. Justice Legue must find a way to incapacitate mostly everyone, but not kill them, that way, Sentry can't revive them. Maybe they can encase Sentry in carbonite. Who the **** knows, lol.

All it would take is for someone to call Aquaman on speed dial and tell him there's a beached whale somewhere, and the whole plan would go to **** anyway, haha.

*Edit, my brain hurts

Damn right :drooley:

Instead of going to battle head on, they resort to playing a little dirty. They are now a Superhero Colombian Deathsquad, kidnapping the hell out of everyone. Kidnap Banner while he is asleep, and drug him up something good. Send in a hot chick (plant) to seduce Tony Stark , and get him completely hammered, then Batman swoops in and does the rest. 2nd victim.

Since Sentry can revive everyone, I am forced to scrap the "Hold Black Widow Hostage" plan. Justice Legue must find a way to incapacitate mostly everyone, but not kill them, that way, Sentry can't revive them. Maybe they can encase Sentry in carbonite. Who the **** knows, lol.

All it would take is for someone to call Aquaman on speed dial and tell him there's a beached whale somewhere, and the whole plan would go to **** anyway, haha.

*Edit, my brain hurts

hahaha epic! Batman, the masked master of mischief! lol but yeah they'd literally have to team up to kill everyone before they even got close to Sentry. And oh FYI, if you didn't know, the Hulk can literally lift the weight of the earth on his shoulders, he is that strong. It's been said that he can lift upwards of 100 billion tons.

-The Hulk's powerful legs allow him to leap into lower Earth orbit or across continents, and he has displayed sufficient superhuman speed to match Thor, and Sentry.

hahaha epic! Batman, the masked master of mischief! lol but yeah they'd literally have to team up to kill everyone before they even got close to Sentry. And oh FYI, if you didn't know, the Hulk can literally lift the weight of the earth on his shoulders, he is that strong. It's been said that he can lift upwards of 100 billion tons.

-The Hulk's powerful legs allow him to leap into lower Earth orbit or across continents, and he has displayed sufficient superhuman speed to match Thor, and Sentry.

Well, as long as Banner is kidnapped and drugged before he knows what hits him, he'll be of no use to anyone (depending on how powerful the seditive is). By the time he comes to, and Hulks up, Sentry will have maybe been locked in another dimension or some ****. Unfortunately, (If we're talking Spider-Man Avengers/Animated Spider-Man version) Madame Web/The Beyonder are on the other side, so they would have to find a way. That would be tough.

Thinking about it, I would hope Marvel loses. That was kind of Stan Lee's point. He wanted to create more human, more fallible characters. It's one of the reasons I've always liked the Fantastic Four. They're a family, they're awkward, and they have to figure a way through grit, intelligence and muscle/power. Frequently, the FF are faced by enemies that outclassed them. Heck, they couldn't handle the Silver Surfer in a fight... how in the world could they take on Galactus?

Now, the Hulk and Thor are both a little DCish. Both are pretty much invincible characters, but they are also flawed characters in their way. The Hulk's aggression and mindlessness can be exploited. Thor just needs to be separated from his hammer somehow. You compare that to Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, or even the Flash and Batman and you have a mismatch. DC was about the perfect Super-human. Marvel was about the human with super powers.

If you think about it though, Batman probably fits better in Marvel in Daredevil's world than in the DC Universe.

Well, as long as Banner is kidnapped and drugged before he knows what hits him, he'll be of no use to anyone (depending on how powerful the seditive is). By the time he comes to, and Hulks up, Sentry will have maybe been locked in another dimension or some ****. Unfortunately, (If we're talking Spider-Man Avengers/Animated Spider-Man version) Madame Web/The Beyonder are on the other side, so they would have to find a way. That would be tough.

That's a big "if". Because hulk gets more powerful as he gets angrier. So unless that were a very strong sedative, as soon as Banner wokeup, it'd be game over. Basically Sentry is equal to pre-crisis Superman. Which is why he is considered more dangerous than post crisis Supes, which is what we're debating. However Sentry is mentally unstable at points and that's his weakness. But considering he was able to out duel Molecule Man, with his molecular shifting powers. AND Sentry has a multiple personality Void, which allows him to shape shift and through its control over the weather and darkness it can create destructive storms and deadly "infini-tendrils" that attack the mind. So in other words, he could get into Supes mind and completely mess with his head.

Archived