Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Avengers vs. Justice League. Who would win?

skinsfan07

Weren't those battles decided by fan votes? Its not like one writer's scenario is the end all be all to it. You could write numerous scenarios for either guy to win. I mean, even that chump Batman beat Superman, right?

Batman over Superman was two major characters from the same company.

The Thor-Superman fight was between major characters of competing companies...Marvel had to green-light their guy losing. They did. If *Marvel* thinks Superman beats Thor, that's good enough for me.

All Marvel signed off on was letting fan votes decide. There are and were more Supes fans than Thor. That's what that came down to. Not that I care. I'm not really a fan of either guy. Gimme Spidey and Iron Man

It's been awhile since I read this...I cant seem to find a source that says these battles were decided by fan votes. I had thought the two companies sorted the outcomes out among themselves.

I know the Marvel vs DC series was decided by fan votes. Wasn't that the only time the two companies have had their characters battle it out? I mean, if Supes and Thor fought otherwise I could be wrong.

There has been several cross-universe stories between D.C. and Marvel over the years, but they almost always end without a definitive winner (evenly matched, recognize misunderstanding, fight interupted by super villain, etc.).

I think my favorite was one where Silver Surfer in his herald days leads Galactus to Apokalips where they get into a scrap with Darkseid.

So was there ever an official Thor/Superman battle and did either one win definitively?

Nope. Not that I know of. Simply because it would such a hard fight to predict. WIsh they could do a sim battle like 100 times and see who wins.

OK, geek that I am.. I went and looked it up in my own collection.

There was an Avengers JLA crossover about seven or so years ago, and in issue #2 of the miniseries, Superman does indeed whomp Thor.

They go toe to toe for a minute, and Superman gains a small edge with heat vision.

Thor gets mad, fights back against the heat rays, and attempts to smash Supes with his hammer... and Supes catches it. (He doesn't hold it.. he stops it)

Then he smashes Thor and leaves him in a smoking heap.

So, in the last crossover I know of in which they actually fight, Supes wins decisively.

S_Av-JLA%202.jpg

1321977-jla___avengers__2_page_37_super.jpg

~Bang

Yep, that's the one I've been referring to. I think another battle had Aquaman beating Namor and Cap vs Batman ending in a stalemate. Don't recall the other results.

I had that issue. Wolverine beats Lobo, Batman actually beats Capt. America. Superman beat Thor. I forget the rest.

Yep, that's the one I've been referring to. I think another battle had Aquaman beating Namor and Cap vs Batman ending in a stalemate. Don't recall the other results.

Cap v Batman would be the closest fight. Still think Cap would win.

Archived