Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Avengers vs. Justice League. Who would win?

skinsfan07

Posted this on facebook and have been getting mixed results. IMO Avengers would take out The Justice League/Super Friends fairly easily, but I'd like some more input of the topic. Here's a few of my reasons.

-Core Group of Justice League/Super Friends consist of Batman, Superman, Aqua Man, Robin & Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, among others (Green Arrow, Captain Marvel, Hawkman, Cyborg, etc)

-Core Group of Avengers consist of Thor, Iron Man, Hulk, Captain America and Hawkeye.

However, if we are going by current regimes, than the lineup of Avengers also includes Wolverine, Storm, Spiderman, Human Torch, Thing, even Silver Surfer, and Beast just to name a few.

Even going by core groups, Avengers holds the advantage. Superman is great, but to say having him would automatically make JLA better is foolish. What do you guys think?

Are you kidding? The combination of Superman, Batman, and the Green Lantern would destroy the pathetic lineup offered by the Avengers.

(I love completely hypothetical superhero debates like this, BTW. :ols:)

Justice League and yeah I think it's solely because of Superman foolish or not :)

lol and that's the thing most were saying, however as soon as I mentioned that Batman carries Superman's biggest weakness on his person at all times, they got quiet. Quite simple really, take out Batman, which I think Ironman would have no problem doing (http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-ways-iron-man-objectively-better-than-batman_p2/) and you take out Superman. It's literally an Avengers multi-kill.

BTW how awesome would this be? superman___batman.jpg

lol and that's the thing most were saying, however as soon as I mentioned that Batman carries Superman's biggest weakness on his person at all times, they got quiet. Quite simple really, take out Batman, which I think Ironman would have no problem doing (http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-ways-iron-man-objectively-better-than-batman_p2/) and you take out Superman. It's literally an Avengers multi-kill.

Batman getting close enough to acutally use it would pose a big problem. The new Avengers almost had me tipping the scale in their favor, but I still think JL would win. Hulk and Thing I suppose could double team Superman, but I have my doubts. Yes: I'm a total geek :)

Wait minute: Forget what I said about Batman. Duh. I don't think he would be stupid enough to carry his greatest allies only weakness in an all out battle; I hope not anyway.

Are you kidding? The combination of Superman, Batman, and the Green Lantern would destroy the pathetic lineup offered by the Avengers.

(I love completely hypothetical superhero debates like this, BTW. :ols:)

haha you're kidding yourself if you think that. The overall star power of the Avengers would take out Justice League no problem. Iron Man would defeat Batman, and once you remove him from the equation, than who do you have? Superman would be it. And again render him powerless, by taking Batman's kryptonite and it's game over for the Justice League.

And Mr. Sinister, this is not one of those kinds of debates, all super hero weaknesses still exist, therefore Kryptonite would be 100% useable in any instance.

Batman and Ironman are each group's "hyper-intelligent" member, and while Ironman's suit is obviously better than Batman's, Batman just seems to be infinitely more clever than Ironman. I think Batman takes out Ironman every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Batman getting close enough to acutally use it would pose a big problem. The new Avengers almost had me tipping the scale in their favor, but I still think JL would win. Hulk and Thing I suppose could double team Superman, but I have my doubts. Yes: I'm a total geek :)

Superman would wipe the floor with Hulk and the Thing. And yes, I too am a total geek. :geek:

I also think you're selling Green Lantern short. He's pretty powerful.

---------- Post added May-6th-2012 at 04:05 PM ----------

Superman would wipe the floor with Hulk and the Thing. And yes, I too am a total geek. :geek:

HaHa - I believe that too just did not want to be too ****y :)

haha you're kidding yourself if you think that. The overall star power of the Avengers would take out Justice League no problem. Iron Man would defeat Batman, and once you remove him from the equation, than who do you have? Superman would be it. And again render him powerless, by taking Batman's kryptonite and it's game over for the Justice League.

And Mr. Sinister, this is not one of those kinds of debates, all super hero weaknesses still exist, therefore Kryptonite would be 100% useable in any instance.

Like I said above, Batman trumps Ironman, and even if he doesn't, you're way underestimating the Green Lantern here. Despite the fact that the movie was incredibly ****ty, the Green Lantern is the second most powerful superhero after Superman. Plus, I've always wondered exactly how any other superhero would be able to keep Kryptonite close to Superman long enough for it to matter. He doesn't instantly lose the ability to fly away, and he can fly into space. I don't know how Ironman is supposed to either keep up with Superman's speed or overcome the fact that he can just fly into space and laser-eye Ironman from 500 miles away. Superman's just too powerful, which is why Superman movies are now boring.

Batman and Ironman are each group's "hyper-intelligent" member, and while Ironman's suit is obviously better than Batman's, Batman just seems to be infinitely more clever than Ironman. I think Batman takes out Ironman every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

In terms of Batman being more stealth, sure he has that advantage over Iron-Man but when talking about both being millionaire geniuses, I'd say Mr. Stark is infinitely more technologically advanced than Batman (biased Ironman nerd). Batman can only duck and dodge for so long.

As for Superman, yes he probably could take them out, but my only problem with Superman is this, he's only 1 guy. I don't care how strong you are, taking on a mob of super hero's wouldn't be as easy as a 1 v 1 fight. And good Lord, let's not forget who killed Superman before. If Batman can do it (yes it was with the help of Green Arrow and his kryptonic arrow) than The Avengers could do it using similar tactics.

In terms of Batman being more stealth, sure he has that advantage over Iron-Man but when talking about both being millionaire geniuses, I'd say Mr. Stark is infinitely more technologically advanced than Batman (biased Ironman nerd). Batman can only duck and dodge for so long.

As for Superman, yes he probably could take them out, but my only problem with Superman is this, he's only 1 guy. I don't care how strong you are, taking on a mob of super hero's wouldn't be as easy as a 1 v 1 fight. And good Lord, let's not forget who killed Superman before. If Batman can do it (yes it was with the help of Green Arrow and his kryptonic arrow) than The Avengers could do it using similar tactics.

So the two guys who managed to kill Superman are on Superman's side, and they all still manage to lose? Trifling argument. :silly:

also let's not leave Scarlet Witch out of the mix for The Avengers. She could easily get the drop of Green Lantern and take him out in a hurry. She could literally render Green Lantern's ring powerless within minutes. And more I think about it, Captain America is being severely underrated in this battle. Call me crazy if you want, but I feel like he could go toe to toe with Batman.

So I'm not nearly nerdy enough to actually hold my own in this debate, but I'd like to ask a question:

Ironman would destroy Batman, according to some. What if Batman carries an EMP device? (Maybe a BEMP because it's Batman so it would have to be a Bat EMP). Wouldn't that disable Ironman? Or is that just a ridiculous scenario in this imaginary world where superheros collide? :ols:

I think the Silver Surfer would be the key to this thing. If he has maximum use of the power Cosmic then even Superman is in some trouble. On the other hand, the Flash running at lightspeed, Wonder Woman, and the Martian Man Hunter ain't exactly wimps.

Generally, DC should win because the heroes are all Super-Gods, while Marvel tends to be demigods and superheroes. Hulk would also have a good chance as long as he has the infinitely upward strength. Eventually, he'd be angry enough to beat up on Superman. Than Batman would knock him out with sleeping gas or something.

So I'm not nearly nerdy enough to actually hold my own in this debate, but I'd like to ask a question:

Ironman would destroy Batman, according to some. What if Batman carries an EMP device? (Maybe a BEMP because it's Batman so it would have to be a Bat EMP). Wouldn't that disable Ironman? Or is that just a ridiculous scenario in this imaginary world where superheros collide? :ols:

Captain America could take out Batman IMO as well. And Batman doesn't carry a device like that, however given prep time, than it seems like Batman could disable Iron Man fairly easily.

As well as the Superman >> all debate, here's a good bit I read about that. I know Thor is strong, but ya'll are making him seem wimpy. However, not all completely accurate, there are some solid points in there that may lead one to believe that Thor could hold his own at least for a little bit against Superman.

Thor is stronger than superman and faster than superman and Thor is trained in the arts of war, being a superbly skilled warrior, highly proficient in hand-to-hand combat, swordsmanship, and hammer throwing. Also for those of you who thinks superman can take him down just have this in mind that thor As the son of Odin and Gaea, Thor's strength, endurance and resistance to injury are greater than the vast majority of his superhuman race. He is extremely long-lived (though not completely immune to aging), immune to conventional disease, and highly resistant to injury. His flesh and bones are several times denser than a human's.

As Lord of Asgard, Thor possesses the Odinforce, which enables him to tap into the near-infinite resources of cosmic and mystical, enhancing all of his abilities. With the vast magical power of the Odinforce, Thor was able to even dent Captain America’s shield with Mjolnir. That's right he was able to dent Captain America's so called undestructable shield. I also forgot to mention that he moves at the speed of light and can conjure thunderbolts and remember superman is not as fast as the speed of light just in case some of you don't know how fast is speed of light well speed of light is about 180,000 miles per second that means if i'm in new york and your in pennsylvania i can get to you in 1second.

Why would Iron Man get that close? He is a mobile, high-tech, flying machine with a ranged arsenal.

Oh and another thing, Thor and Sentry > Superman, and that is FACT.

Let alone Superman vs the entire Avengers, that'd be suicide on Superman's part. This argument is more so about other key players on each team that could have significant battle impacts.

Why would Iron Man get that close? He is a mobile, high-tech, flying machine with a ranged arsenal.

Well only because he doesn't necessarily have to be close. I remember seeing a few times about how a nuke detonated above the US could cripple us just be the EMP it would emit.

emp-nuclear1.jpg

Yes, that scenario (Batman exploding a nuke 30 miles up to disable Ironman) is silly as hell. But considering the topic, why not include it?

As well as the Superman >> all debate, here's a good bit I read about that. I know Thor is strong, but ya'll are making him seem wimpy. However, not all completely accurate, there are some solid points in there that may lead one to believe that Thor could hold his own at least for a little bit against Superman.

What in the world are you quoting? It looks like you copy-pasted some other guy on some other message board having some other version of this debate. :ols:

What in the world are you quoting? It looks like you copy-pasted some other guy on some other message board having some other version of this debate. :ols:

it was from some random article I found. lmao.:rotflmao:

like I said, not everything in there is accurate but besides that fact, just based on my own knowledge of Thor, I believe that he matches up pretty well against Superman.

Oh and another thing, Thor and Sentry > Superman, and that is FACT.

Let alone Superman vs the entire Avengers, that'd be suicide on Superman's part. This argument is more so about other key players on each team that could have significant battle impacts.

Fact? Psshhh. Superman would pummel Thor and Sentry like Manny Pacquiao would pummel me and George Costanza. :silly:

Archived