Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Avengers vs. Justice League. Who would win?

skinsfan07

Im sorry, but SENTRY should not be part of this discussion. He is a relatively new character, and every other character has atleast 30 years on him. If you are going to count Sentry, then you might as well count all the other Avengers that are not on this list: Fantastic 4, Wolverine, Spiderman, Emma Frost, Ghost Rider, Black Panther, Vision, Luke Cage, The Thing, and She Hulk. But even still, i would not count SENTRY. Lame. Anyways, all you would need is one telepathic and the entire JLA team is done for. Hell, all you need to do is just persuade supes that he should kill someone, and he pretty much does it. Dude is a total asshat. Frost alone would destroy that team. Without Frost, maybe it would be an even fight... if hulk doesnt hulk out and smash everything.

Im sorry' date=' but SENTRY should not be part of this discussion. He is a relatively new character, and every other character has atleast 30 years on him. If you are going to count Sentry, then you might as well count all the other Avengers that are not on this list: Fantastic 4, Wolverine, Spiderman, Emma Frost, Ghost Rider, Black Panther, Vision, Luke Cage, The Thing, and She Hulk. But even still, i would not count SENTRY. Lame. Anyways, all you would need is one telepathic and the entire JLA team is done for. Hell, all you need to do is just persuade supes that he should kill someone, and he pretty much does it. Dude is a total asshat. Frost alone would destroy that team. Without Frost, maybe it would be an even fight... if hulk doesnt hulk out and smash everything.[/quote']

We had been including the other Avengers that you listed lol, all you have to do is go back a few pages. Which is why Sentry was included. Granted he's a more recent addition to The Avengers, he's still a part of the squad. And I do agree, Supes is the most overrated Superhero ever IMO. You really think Frost would beat everyone on JLA though? I honestly think Hulk could, especially if he got really angry. It wouldn't even be a fair fight.

Silver Surfer would do it for avengers. Teleport Superman to the other side of the universe and its game over for the rest of the avengers. Hulks unlimited strength would smash everything. I would love to see a Batman Vs. Ironman fight but eventually batman will get tired. Batman Vs. Captain America would be more reasonable. Thor would be able to handle pretty much anyone else.

Silver Surfer would do it for avengers. Teleport Superman to the other side of the universe and its game over for the rest of the avengers. Hulks unlimited strength would smash everything. I would love to see a Batman Vs. Ironman fight but eventually batman will get tired. Batman Vs. Captain America would be more reasonable. Thor would be able to handle pretty much anyone else.

Capt America would beat the snot out of Batman. He's just as smart as Bruce and has more skill in H2H combat as well as military training and martial arts. Although Bruce has mastered most forms of Ju-Jitsu, I still give the overall edge to Steve. Also let's not forget that Steve is essentially a Super Soldier. Bruce is merely human.

Okay, this thread has gotten way too comic book-geeky. (Not meant as a slight against you, 07. I constantly describe myself as a giant geek/nerd/dork. The word just fits here.) I've never even read any of the comic books, but even I know that if we're going to use all of them, there's everything from multiple Supermans (Supermen?) to multiple Spidermans to all sorts of time traveling and revised history. I'm sure there could be a vociferous debate between the few here who are well-versed in all of that seemingly endless information, but as for me, I'm thinking about this in terms of the Avengers in the movie versus the Justice League in the old animated show, which will undoubtedly be made into a movie of its own as production companies continue their endless search for more money (although the Green Lantern and new Superman movies have been so underwhelming that successfully pulling off a JL movie might be rather difficult). And when it comes to that fight, the Justice League wipes the floor with the Avengers without even breaking a sweat.

I don't even know who the Sentry is. I had to look him up on Wiki, and even that's relatively confusing because there seem to be so many alternate realities. So you could very well be right, 07, but I have no idea what you're talking about. :ols:

Hubbs, I'll be honest. I'm probably more lost than you are. The only Avengers that I've ever even known was the one in the Spider-man cartoon, lol. I have no idea who the hell Sentry is. I've dabbled in a little DC Comics, but I'm mostly a fan of Marvel.

I was just borderline insulted at '07's outright dismissal of Superman as some random jabroni, so I had to take a stand, no matter how dumb it looked.

Ok I don't know much about everyones strenghts and weaknesses but Wolverine would kick everyones ass. He is made out of indestrucable metal he has the ability to reheal him self. His only threat would be superman but he just needs to get some rocks and he is fine and he could slice the Hulk one claw at a time.

PS just having fun

Okay, this thread has gotten way too comic book-geeky. (Not meant as a slight against you, 07. I constantly describe myself as a giant geek/nerd/dork. The word just fits here.) I've never even read any of the comic books, but even I know that if we're going to use all of them, there's everything from multiple Supermans (Supermen?) to multiple Spidermans to all sorts of time traveling and revised history. I'm sure there could be a vociferous debate between the few here who are well-versed in all of that seemingly endless information, but as for me, I'm thinking about this in terms of the Avengers in the movie versus the Justice League in the old animated show, which will undoubtedly be made into a movie of its own as production companies continue their endless search for more money (although the Green Lantern and new Superman movies have been so underwhelming that successfully pulling off a JL movie might be rather difficult). And when it comes to that fight, the Justice League wipes the floor with the Avengers without even breaking a sweat.

I don't even know who the Sentry is. I had to look him up on Wiki, and even that's relatively confusing because there seem to be so many alternate realities. So you could very well be right, 07, but I have no idea what you're talking about. :ols:

lol understood. We could go back to the original lineup and even then I'd still give a slight advantage to The Avengers.

Capt America > Batman

Iron Man > Aqua Man, Wonder Woman, Robin, whomever

Hulk > " "

Thor < Superman (however it wouldn't be that easy)

Black Widow, Hawkeye < Green Lantern

And even that's no the original Avengers lineup (The Wasp, Ant Man, not included) lol there's way too many lineups to predict an agreeable outcome.

And Mr. Sinister, I wasn't saying Supes was a scrub, I just was implying that he isn't the end all, be all of all superhero arguments haha. Granted pre-crisis Supes would kick anyone in the original Avengers lineup ass, but post crisis Supes would have a harder time. It's all in good fun though. Like to spark up debates.

Heck yeah it would be. I vote for you to start it up. haha

Yeah, I wouldn't know how to format it though. I wouldn't be as simple as Justice League v. Avengers. I'd probably end up breaking it down individually, like for instance, say I list the two combatants, like Magneto vs Dr. Doom, The Joker vs Mysterio, Apocalypse vs Doomsday, something along those lines. Then have everyone present their arguments. I couldn't stop at just one, for the possibilities are endless.

Bane vs Shocker. I could go on and on

*Edit, actually, Bane vs The Juggernaut would be a more appropriate matchup

Yeah, I wouldn't know how to format it though. I wouldn't be as simple as Justice League v. Avengers. I'd probably end up breaking it down individually, like for instance, say I list the two combatants, like Magneto vs Dr. Doom, The Joker vs Mysterio, Apocalypse vs Doomsday, something along those lines. Then have everyone present their arguments. I couldn't stop at just one, for the possibilities are endless.

Bane vs Shocker. I could go on and on

*Edit, actually, Bane vs The Juggernaut would be a more appropriate matchup

Oh that'd be delightful. Bane v Juggernaut. But yeah it'd be a little more tedious, but probably would be pretty fun.

lol understood. We could go back to the original lineup and even then I'd still give a slight advantage to The Avengers.

Capt America > Batman

Iron Man > Aqua Man, Wonder Woman, Robin, whomever

Hulk > " "

Thor < Superman (however it wouldn't be that easy)

Black Widow, Hawkeye < Green Lantern

And even that's no the original Avengers lineup (The Wasp, Ant Man, not included) lol there's way too many lineups to predict an agreeable outcome.

And Mr. Sinister, I wasn't saying Supes was a scrub, I just was implying that he isn't the end all, be all of all superhero arguments haha. Granted pre-crisis Supes would kick anyone in the original Avengers lineup ass, but post crisis Supes would have a harder time. It's all in good fun though. Like to spark up debates.

Again, I have to argue that you're vastly underestimating Green Lantern. I'll say again what I said before, I think he's the second most powerful "mainstream" superhero after Superman. The fact that you're using Hawkeye in your tandem is just... well, I think it speaks for itself. Hawkeye is to Green Lantern what an ant is to me and a paper towel. :pfft:

And I just can't see how Captain America could possibly top Batman. Batman is supposed to be the most intelligent of all super heroes. Much moreso than Ironman. To say that he could be toppled by Captain America goes against every description of these characters that I've ever seen.

---------- Post added May-6th-2012 at 11:04 PM ----------

Ok I don't know much about everyones strenghts and weaknesses but Wolverine would kick everyones ass. He is made out of indestrucable metal he has the ability to reheal him self. His only threat would be superman but he just needs to get some rocks and he is fine and he could slice the Hulk one claw at a time.

PS just having fun

Oh it's all in good fun, we're arguing about which fictional characters could beat up other fictional characters. A big part of the fun, to me anyway, is the fact that this has probably been going on for all of human history. I imagine that 2500 years ago, some Greeks were debating other Greeks and saying things like, "Come on! If the titans really put their minds to it, how the Hades could you think that they wouldn't defeat the gods?" :ols:

It's stupid, and therefore fun. And as far as that goes, you're right, if Wolverine is part of the Justice League that gives them another huge character. For all intents and purposes he seems to be as indestructible as Superman, although he does have an extreme vulnerability to powerful magnets. Beyond that, though, I'd give him the edge over the Hulk. I don't care how strong Hulk is, Wolverine can regenerate almost instantly and his skeleton is apparently indestructible according to the completely made-up laws of physics that we nonetheless have to abide by for the purposes of this thread, and therefore he wins, at least according to me.

I love how this thread is completely pointless and yet very entertaining at the same time. :ols:

The combo Avengers could potentially beat the **** out of Superman (I vote for Thor, Iron Man, & Hulk), but that's discounting the other members of the Justice League. Unless Superman is down, the Avengers don't have a chance. And even in that fight, they'd probably get hurt pretty bad, especially Iron Man because there would be some serious flying and fighting going on.

---------- Post added May-6th-2012 at 10:11 PM ----------

But can we all agree that Aquaman is like the most useless superhero of all time though? I remember ranting about it in the RTT a few months ago. "Wow, I can communicate with a school of tunafish!!! Awesome!!!!!"

And the stupid trident

BUT 70% of the Earth is water!

But can we all agree that Aquaman is like the most useless superhero of all time though? I remember ranting about it in the RTT a few months ago. "Wow, I can communicate with a school of tunafish!!! Awesome!!!!!"

And the stupid trident

He's so ****ing useless that I believe even Robot Chicken has made fun of him.

I could actually make the case that having me on your side would be better than having Aquaman on your side.

And the stupid trident

I disagree. Aquaman is a great character just like the Marvel version The Submariner.

By the way, we haven't even really included the Flash in this conversation yet, even though he (I think) was always a part of the Justice League. He's extremely powerful on his own, and would definitely be able to present every member of the Avengers with a whole bunch of problems. (The Hulk can't smash what he can't see and can't catch.) Flash and Green Lantern are, IMO, the two most underrated superheroes based on the powers they're given in the "mainstream" sense (i.e., cartoons and movies).

Hulk can hit what he can't catch or see. Hulk can rip the ground out from beneath him or cause an earthuake in his path.

Flash would be a nuisance to Hulk, not much else.

Like a fly is to the butt of a bull.

~BAng

Archived