Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Schefter & PFT: NFL salary cap debacle continues---updates include NFLPA filing collusion lawsuits---links and discussion current--MET

sableholic

Looks like Bruce has been planning for this moment all along.

We think he's gonna spend it' date=' looks like the space was made for this reason now, imo.

But..we can still get players in. We could still have 20-25 mil this year.

A $10m bonus on a 5 year deal - only generates about a 3mil hit with salary.

Bruce new this was coming - no doubt.[/quote']

lol. Sure. You really drinking Bruce koolaid. Don't give the guy too much credit. The guy was most likely dumbfounded just like the rest of us are. He gambled and got burned.

The Redskins/Rams trade had nothing to do with salary cap since all they traded was draft picks.

Yes but like i said if we only have 4 mil in cap and we cant restructure contracts and we cant get enugh money to pay the 2nd overall pick his 20-30 mil in guranteed money then couldent the NFL say nope?

What the NFL takes, the Redskins can get back from The First National Bank of Cooley, Hall, Cofield, and Moss.

What I mean here is not to cut them, but to restructure their contracts to make room. They can front load the deal in the form of signing bonuses, etc. to get under the cap. The shame is, it will be hard to do in 24 hours.

Bingo. But I think they will release people as well. Do we really want Hall around for NINE MILLION DOLLARS this year?

This really isnt that big of a deal, I think it will force the skins to unload a few ppl that they would have waited to do so in a year anyway.

Archived