Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Schefter & PFT: NFL salary cap debacle continues---updates include NFLPA filing collusion lawsuits---links and discussion current--MET

sableholic

Apparently the NFL sent out a memo saying "don't use the uncapped year to clear cap space" or something to that extent.

NFLPA will have something to say about this...that's taking money away from players.

That thing better have been worded flawlessly... Bruce Allen went to UVA law... this better be a $1 million hit.... ****ing bs...

Up to this point I have been hesitant to criticize Goodell, depsite EVERYONE around me joining the chorus.

That being said.

GO F*^% yourself Goodell. You are ruining our beloved game. So the NFL fails to keep its collective bargaining agreement in place, therebye creating an uncapped year and we are going to be penalized for it?

Are we talking less than 5 mil? This really blows if we are talking 10+ mil here. I mean now it all makes sense.....i remember listening to espn980 a few weeks back, or maybe a few months back...anyway....i think it was that J.I. Halsell dude or another NFL yapper and he kept saying that he didnt understand why more teams did not take advantage of the uncapped year like the Redskins did. He said it was common sense how to make use of it and free up room for future years and he was sorta shocked why other teams didnt do it.

I guess it all makes sense now. If there was a hard memorandum or something that specifically said the do's and dont's then we are screwed on this. The rule sounds sorta soft if you as me. U can do this....but you cant do this.....Dan and Jerry will fight this im sure.

This part of the PFT article is what's so puzzling. Doesn't sound "binding" to me but more like some internal communication. Glad we have lawyers to figure this crap out.

"the NFL instructed teams not to use the uncapped years as a way to dump money in order to ensure that cap numbers in years with a salary cap would be lower"

Archived