Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Schefter & PFT: NFL salary cap debacle continues---updates include NFLPA filing collusion lawsuits---links and discussion current--MET

sableholic

LL just made a good point on Twitter:

LL ‏ @LL56_HTTR Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

a little baffled how the nfl can punish teams for contracts they approved lol. skins were smart and get hammered, bounty backlash?

Why did the NFL approve these then?

So instead of having roughly 40 mil this year they will have 22 mil (assuming they split evenly).

Hall has a cap hit of i think 9 mil this year...I think its safe to say he is expendeble. I see Sellers is gone, probably peanuts for him. I would love to know Cooley's #, Atogwe's #.......i think we are going to be doing some spring cleaning over the next 24 hours. MARCH MADNESS....

What the NFL takes, the Redskins can get back from The First National Bank of Cooley, Hall, Cofield, and Moss.

What I mean here is not to cut them, but to restructure their contracts to make room. They can front load the deal in the form of signing bonuses, etc. to get under the cap. The shame is, it will be hard to do in 24 hours.

so i'm assuming our free agency plans are dead

I definitely wouldnt assume that. We can always restructure... or put more of it to next year if necessary. Guarantee you we still get a WR, CB and London Dletcher/ a MLB at least.

Until proven otherwise I will never expect the cap to stop us.

Looks like Bruce has been planning for this moment all along.

We think he's gonna spend it, looks like the space was made for this reason now, imo.

But..we can still get players in. We could still have 20-25 mil this year.

A $10m bonus on a 5 year deal - only generates about a 3mil hit with salary.

Bruce new this was coming - no doubt.

Not sure what everyone is complaining about. The NFL send out a memo telling us not to do exactly what we did. Now we're getting punished. Seems logical

Because when the NFL agrees to an "uncapped year" but then requires teams to abide by an invisible cap "or else" that would be considered breaking their contract with the NFLPA, in the very least.

I can't believe this will actually happen, but who knows. I guess we should question every rule the NFL puts out. For example,

- No touching WRs when a pass is in the air actually means "they must catch the ball, if they don't even if you're 10 yards away, you get a penalty".

- No hitting QB's heads actually means if you hit them in the chest or thighs in a legal tackle, you've actually hit them in the head.

- Any financial rule that's actually not a rule but pisses off the other owners in the NFL means we're going to make it a rule after the fact with punishments to come with it.

Archived