Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

I just watched Hateful 8 a couple nights ago and I thought it was really good. I loved the slow burn of the build-up. And what happened to Hangman and OB was hilarious...the look on poor OB's face.

The over-use of the n-word got a little silly though.

However, I haven't seen Django yet which a lot of people are saying is the superior film. A friend let me borrow it, so once the deed is done I may change my opinion on Hateful 8.

Hit Redbox Movie Rentals hard this weekend.  Saw 3 movies yesterday and 2 today.

Ted 2- Meh.  Some funny parts. Time to let it go.

Trainwreck- Good title. Fits. Bleh.

Bridge of Spies- Liked it. Was pretty good.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens- I liked it.  Kind of the way the older Star Wars was.

Creed- Good movie also.  I liked that it was kind of like the first Rocky, but didn't harp on the Rocky theme. It got away from the cheesy 80s Rockys (2, 3, 4, 5).

Over the last few weeks saw:

Legion- Wow. More of a Horror movie than I thought.  Didn't care for it.

Avengers: Age of Ultron- Not too bad. The usual. 

Vacation- Pretty funny.  Better than I thought it would be. 

Edited by pjfootballer

Saw "The Jungle Book". Solid A. I think the last time, I saw this story told was a cartoon.

Agreed. Great movie!

Favreau really did this movie justice. Much darker than the 60s version, but a lot of comic relief as well.

Probably the most beautiful animated movie in the history of cinema. Disney just set the new standard for CGI with this film.

Bill Murray and Christopher Walken together in song, what more do you want??

Deadpool_poster.jpg

Deadpool:  It was ****ing awesome!  Loved this movie, I give it a solid A.  Rated R, vulgar/adult content, action, violence.  For this to be a Marvel movie, and rated R at that, it was fantastic.  Wife and I both agreed that this has been our favorite comic book/super hero movie.  

The one liners are great, so many times we were just laughing and looking at each other like WTF?  Great action, great tie in with the X-Men, cool to see an anti-hero mix it up with other heroes (Colossus and  the Negasonic Teenage Warhead chick).  

• Like 1

Watched two movies on the plane today. One was Concussion, which I thought was excellent. It made me really think about the league and how much they know and concealed. Also made me realize that all these new, "defenseless receiver," and blows above the shoulders, spearing, etc calls are all related. I forget what year those rules were initiated, but it's no coincidence that it coincided with Omalu's breakthrough research.

The second was the new Point Break, and it sucked horribly. A few good action scenes. The acting was garbage, so was the writing.

• Like 1

Green Room.  A punk band gets stuck in a tight spot with some skinheads after a show at a shady club.  

This movie is awesome.  It does have some flaws, but if you're looking for something intense then this should get your blood pumping.  Not for the faint of heart, so if you don't like graphic violence stay away.  It's not overly gory, but it ain't afraid to go there either.  Patrick Stewart as a Nazi leader is terrific, I just wish he had more to do at times.  

I'm still surprised my lady goes with me to see these kinds of films.  I'm a lucky dude, I guess. :)

• Like 2

Green Room. A punk band gets stuck in a tight spot with some skinheads after a show at a shady club.

This movie is awesome. It does have some flaws, but if you're looking for something intense then this should get your blood pumping. Not for the faint of heart, so if you don't like graphic violence stay away. It's not overly gory, but it ain't afraid to go there either. Patrick Stewart as a Nazi leader is terrific, I just wish he had more to do at times.

I'm still surprised my lady goes with me to see these kinds of films. I'm a lucky dude, I guess. :)

Sounds pretty entertaining. This was in theater?

Sounds pretty entertaining. This was in theater?

Yes.  It just went wide last weekend.  You should be able to find it somewhere.  I didn't like it as much as Blue Ruin, but it was still a nice kick in the ass.  I think it's worth checking out for sure.  

I'm checking out The Tribe tomorrow on dvd.  It's a crazy indie flick about a deaf school.  No dialogue or subtitles in the whole thing, which is ballsy as hell.  But I heard it's awesome and it's supposed to be intense.  I'll let you know if it's worth hunting down. :)

The Tribe.  It's a movie about a deaf/mute teenage boy who goes to boarding school.  He tries to fit in with the bad crowd, who make money by pimping out a few girls at a local truck stop.  

There is no dialogue.  No subtitles.  Just sign language and expressions.  I wanted to see it just to see how in the world they could pull off such an ambitious premise.  The filmmaking was absolutely fascinating, I'm still a bit in awe of what they were able to do.

However, what I thought would be an intense story shortly turned from dirty to filthy.  There are some scenes I'm not sure if I will be able to unsee.  I like high octane, and I love films that push the envelope, but there's a fine line between thrilling and nauseating.  It felt like a version of 'Kids' but at a deaf/mute school.  

Anyone who enjoys Harmony Korine should give this a look.  It's certainly a film that stands on its own in many ways, I just wish the subject matter would've been less bleak.     

Edited by AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy
  • Like 2

The Tribe. It's a movie about a deaf/mute teenage boy who goes to boarding school. He tries to fit in with the bad crowd, who make money by pimping out a few girls at a local truck stop.

There is no dialogue. No subtitles. Just sign language and expressions. I wanted to see it just to see how in the world they could pull off such an ambitious premise. The filmmaking was absolutely fascinating, I'm still a bit in awe of what they were able to do.

However, what I thought would be an intense story shortly turned from dirty to filthy. There are some scenes I'm not sure if I will be able to unsee. I like high octane, and I love films that push the envelope, but there's a fine line between thrilling and nauseating. It felt like a version of 'Kids' but at a deaf/mute school.

Anyone who enjoys Harmony Korine should give this a look. It's certainly a film that stands on its own in many ways, I just wish the subject matter would've been less bleak.

Damn that sounds intense.

First thing I thought of when you said no dialogue or subtitles was Wall -E lol. Which somehow displayed an incredible amount of emotion with virtually faceless and speechless characters for 85% of the movie

I'm going to check it out but if those scenes get to me too bad I'm turning it off lol. And then I'm blaming you.

• Like 1

Klute.  Old school 70s thriller/drama flick.  Jane Fonda plays a hooker well enough to earn her a Best Actress oscar.  Donald Sutherland plays a private investigator in charge of locating one of his missing friends.  It leads him to Fonda, and shenanigans ensue.  A little heavy on the drama for my tastes, but overall an awesome flick.

Gordon Willis (of Godfather fame) shot it and Alan Pakula directed it.  This was supposed to be part of Pakula's so called 'paranoia' trilogy that included All the President's Men and The Parallax View.  Although I didn't enjoy Klute as much as those films, the moody/dark cinematography was simply incredible.  A good time for any movie geek that might be looking for a diamond in the rough.

Side note, if you haven't seen The Parallax View, I highly recommend it.  All the President's Men is more noteworthy because of the subject matter, but it's not nearly as entertaining in my opinion.  Warren Beatty is at his best here, adding plenty of bravado to this gritty, political thriller.  My favorite film of the genre.  

• Like 2

I liked CA Civil War but I think Marvel should avoid politics whenever possible, that portion was amateur hour. It was good, not great.

I wanted to see more Scarlet Witch and less stressed out depressed Tony Stark.

seen the rogue one trailer several times, but seeing it in theaters gave me goosebumps

Yup. So glad Disney paid off that **** Lucas. He sat on this treasure like a fat dragon for decades and the only scraps he tossed out were covered in jar jar and midi-chlorians.

• Like 1

I liked CA Civil War but I think Marvel should avoid politics whenever possible, that portion was amateur hour. It was good, not great.

Yup. So glad Disney paid off that **** Lucas. He sat on this treasure like a fat dragon for decades and the only scraps he tossed out were covered in jar jar and midi-chlorians.

What was the overt political thingie you had issue with? I didn't really get any of that.

100% agreed on Disney/Lucas.

• Like 1