Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

"Mulholland Drive." Oh....my....god

And it has one of THE best lesbian sex scenes ever in a mainstream movie.

How about the homeless guy behind the dumpster scene? Or the decomposing corpse in the bed? That movie is ****** up.

Edited by Rodriggo
formatting

"Mulholland Drive." Oh....my....god. What a wild, wild ride. When the movie went of and the credits rolled, i sat there staring at the tv for a good 2 minutes. I felt like David Lynch just ripped my brain out, humped it, and then pissed on it. I felt violated. thought i had it figured out, and a few quick google searches filled in some of the holes. I'm not sure how it worked, but that entire movie made sense. What a great freaking movie! Probably in my top 5 all-time favorite MIND BLOWING movies!

HAHA! No lie, I did the same thing! I just sat there thinking, WTF did I just watch? But in a good way, if that makes any sense...

I literally spent like the next week reading reviews and theories about it. The best though was trying to explain the movie to one of my buddies a few days later. The look on his face was great LOL.

HAHA! No lie, I did the same thing! I just sat there thinking, WTF did I just watch? But in a good way, if that makes any sense...

I literally spent like the next week reading reviews and theories about it. The best though was trying to explain the movie to one of my buddies a few days later. The look on his face was great LOL.

They really don't make movies like that (or 12 Monkeys or Jacob's Ladder) hardly anymore because most viewers want cheap easy to understand instant gratification.

It's probably why reality shows are king and shows like Lost are once in a generation.

:(

Finally watched Thor for the first time last night:

MV5BMTYxMjA5NDMzNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTk2Mjk3NA@@._V1._SY317_.jpg

The powerful but arrogant warrior Thor is cast out of the fantastic realm of Asgard and sent to live amongst humans on Earth, where he soon becomes one of their finest defenders.

I really enjoyed it. I know nothing of the Avengers and have seen Iron Man and one of the Hulks a long time ago. I have been wanting to see this movie, even though I didn't really know the plot. I enjoy "fish-out-of-water" tales, so when Thor came to Earth, it was humorous.

MV5BMjIwNjM5NTE1M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzgxOTA1Ng@@._V1._SY317_CR0,0,214,317_.jpg

A retired CIA operative is paired with a young FBI agent to unravel the mystery of a senator's murder, with all signs pointing to a Soviet assassin.

This movie was decent. They gave away a main surprise really early on, but there is another twist near the end that is interesting.

the%2Bdescent.jpg

A woman goes on vacation with her family and friends and her husband and her daughter encounters a tragic accident. One year later she goes hiking with her friends and they get trapped in the cave. With a lack of supply, they struggle to survive and they meet strange blood thirsty creatures.

2 words: Holy ****.

I remembered this movie when it came out, and going strictly by the previews, it looked like your standard 'Who dies first" run of the mill horror movie, so I avoided it. A couple of years ago I had a friend who told me he'd seen it, and that it wasn't very good. Unless he confused this with another movie, he must've been out of his ****ing mind. I decided to watch it late last night, expecting to be mildly entertained, and instead, I was pleasantly surprised. This movie was far, far from what I was expecting.

First off, it isn't necessarily a "Horror" movie, but more of an adventure/survivalist movie with horror sprinkled on top. There is a subplot to the movie, which is good in that you don't automatically start off with a bunch of chicks in the middle of the wilderness, and it adds to the drama, and kind of puts you in the shoes of the characters, so to speak. The movie also does a good job of building everything up, before the **** hits the fan, and tearing it down as everything (and everybody) goes haywire.

As the years have gone by, I have begun to rely on friends/websites less and less for reviews, because in most cases, they're too inattentive to recognize a great movie when they see it, or they expect too much out of an otherwise solid movie because they want to compare everything to Gone With The Wind. This movie was awesome.

• 3 weeks later...
is mulholland drive a horror/thriller like jacob's ladder? Or is it psychological like Momento/12 Monkeys?

It's mostly just a mystery mind ****, not much in the way of a thriller. Definitely not horror. If you've ever seen any other David Lynch films, you will know better what you can expect from MD.

In the last week I've gotten back to watching Netlix movies regularly after not watching many at all this summer. I checked out The Grey and The Snowtown Murders, which have both been mentioned in here before. I heard alot of bad things about the Grey but I found it enjoyable. I didn't think the CGI wolves were THAT bad. The ending could have been better though. As far as Snowtown, wow. Prior to watching this movie my list of films that I can honestly say I found disturbing was quite short. Well, after watching Snowtown, that list has grown by 1. I don't know if it was because I knew it is based on a true story or what, but I had a hard time getting thru some of those scenes. I also don't fancy myself as an animal activist by any means and normally the "killling" of animals in movies doesn't bother me but I thought they were a bit extreme with it in this movie. Especially the dog scene :( But anyway, I would recommend it with the warning that it definitely is not for everyone.

I also watched:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQPsENSp7JavnYcqZ0YJZdHmRuun4j1vRytmRURK7B7clayd2soag

Had a unique take on the zombie genre. Kind of humorous at parts too.

Edited by f_trizzy

The Big Nothing. David Shwimmer, Simon Pegg.

I have seen it before, but wanted the wife to see it. I have a bit of a dark sense of humor & the first time I saw this movie, I was rolling at certain points. If you like movies like Very Bad Things, you'll like The Big Nothing.

I caught on the TV this week, for the first time in like 25 plus years, 'An Officer and a Gentleman.'

Man I'd forgotten just how great a film that is. Brilliantly character driven, full of raw emotion in every respect that really draws you in. Always remembered it as a romantic flick, that had you smiling a big ass smile on the final scene. But it's more about blue-collar folk surviving and succeeding when I watched it again. A much harsher film than I remembered.

Hail.

70180029.jpg

This was a cool movie. It's about a couple of hitmen who get back together for a job after a few months' hiatus. It's sorta strange, particularly towards the end. You never really know what to expect. We actually had to turn on subtitles because the strong British accents were tough to follow at times.

2 words: Holy ****.

I remembered this movie when it came out, and going strictly by the previews, it looked like your standard 'Who dies first" run of the mill horror movie, so I avoided it. A couple of years ago I had a friend who told me he'd seen it, and that it wasn't very good. Unless he confused this with another movie, he must've been out of his ****ing mind. I decided to watch it late last night, expecting to be mildly entertained, and instead, I was pleasantly surprised. This movie was far, far from what I was expecting.

First off, it isn't necessarily a "Horror" movie, but more of an adventure/survivalist movie with horror sprinkled on top. There is a subplot to the movie, which is good in that you don't automatically start off with a bunch of chicks in the middle of the wilderness, and it adds to the drama, and kind of puts you in the shoes of the characters, so to speak. The movie also does a good job of building everything up, before the **** hits the fan, and tearing it down as everything (and everybody) goes haywire.

There is a part 2 to this movie. Went straight to DVD. Worth watching if you liked the first one.

http://cdn-9.nflximg.com/us/boxshots/gsd/70180029.jpg

This was a cool movie. It's about a couple of hitmen who get back together for a job after a few months' hiatus. It's sorta strange, particularly towards the end. You never really know what to expect. We actually had to turn on subtitles because the strong British accents were tough to follow at times.

This movie is rather brilliant.

Has anyone seen "The Cabin in the Woods"?

Was it fun? I think it's coming to DVD next week and I know that Joss Whedon had a hand in it..

We saw it last night. It's a very interesting take on the genre with an interesting twist, etc. I can't say anything without giving it away, but we enjoyed it.

alone-icimdeki-seytan.jpg

"Alone" tells the story of Pim who moved from Thailand to Korea to escape the guilt of being the surviving half of a conjoined twin. Flashbacks to Pim's childhood show how the bittersweet relationship with her sister, and their commitment to stay together forever, transforms into a repressive bond that ultimately leads to a separation. After she returns to visit her dying mother, the spirit of her dead sister angrily thrusts herself into Pim's life.

Nice little Thai horror/revenge/drama flick. Has some pretty good scare moments, and a good twist to the ending. And the lead actor chick is hot. I swear, I'm moving to Thailand someday.

---------- Post added September-22nd-2012 at 01:48 PM ----------

There is a part 2 to this movie. Went straight to DVD. Worth watching if you liked the first one.

Yeah I saw that one too and talked about it in the "Random Thought" thread. I can honestly say that I'm glad I saw those movies.Very underrated.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

• 4 weeks later...