Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

Yea HN, 50/50 was great. J. Gordon Levitt was great as the main character. Seth Rogan was, Seth Rogan. But it worked. I thought the whole cast was great.

I lauged. I cried. I smiled. I felt good when it was over. Hard to beat that.

Yeah true, Seth Rogan was the usual Seth Rogan character but they seemed to balance the comedy/drama pretty well. Good directing.

+1 on 50/50 being a great flick. Joseph Gordon levitt kills just about every role he plays. One of my favorite actors. I've seen some of his lesser known films on netflix over the past few years, and he was amazing in all of them.

I laughed once, when this midget came out of the oven.

This just made me laugh out loud at work.

Joseph Gordon levitt kills just about every role he plays. One of my favorite actors. I've seen some of his lesser known films on netflix over the past few years, and he was amazing in all of them.

He is awesome. And it's great to see a child actor grow up to be so talented and successful as an adult.

This just made me laugh out loud at work.

He is awesome. And it's great to see a child actor grow up to be so talented and successful as an adult.

I agree I am a big fan of JGL and thought 50/50 was really good.

Last movie I saw was Jeff, Who Lives at Home: Dispatched from his basement room on an errand for his mother, slacker Jeff might discover his destiny (finally) when he spends the day with his brother as he tracks his possibly adulterous wife.

Overall, I thought it was pretty good. I am a fan of Ed Helms and Jason Segal and I thought they played well off each other. It's one of those slower movies that makes you think more so than laugh out right, kind of like Everything Must Go with Will Ferrell.

220px-Goonfinalposter.jpg

Goon

2011 comedy film directed by Michael Dowse, written by Jay Baruchel and Evan Goldberg, and starring Seann William Scott and Liev Schreiber. The main plot depicts an exceedingly nice but somewhat dimwitted man who becomes the enforcer for a minor league ice hockey team.

Surprisingly funny and entertaining movie. Plenty of hockey violence for those who like that sort of thing.

MV5BMTc3NzQ3OTg3NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjk5OTcxNw@@._V1._SY317_.jpg

In high school, Schmidt (Jonah Hill) was a dork and Jenko (Channing Tatum) was the popular jock. After graduation, both of them joined the police force and ended up as partners riding bicycles in the city park. Since they are young and look like high school students, they are assigned to an undercover unit to infiltrate a drug ring that is supplying high school students synthetic drugs.

Watched this one last night. Typical buddy cop comedy. Starts out fairly funny and then gets a little too serious. Nobody can do funny cop movies right, there is just too much seriousness involved in wrapping up the story line. This is the case with most buddy cop movies though. I'd say that this one was average. Good for a few mindless laughs and a surprise cameo appearance.

---------- Post added July-15th-2012 at 02:00 PM ----------

Also watched this one last night...

MV5BMjEwMzIxOTg3N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjI4ODUzNw@@._V1._SY317_.jpg

In London, lawyer Arthur Kipps still grieves the death of his beloved wife Stella on the delivery of their son Joseph four years ago. His employer gives him a last chance to keep his job, and he is assigned to travel to the remote village of Cryphin Gifford to examine the documentation of the Eel Marsh House that belonged to the recently deceased Mrs. Drablow. Arthur befriends Daily on the train and the man offers a ride to him to the Gifford Arms inn. Arthur has a cold reception and the owner of the inn tells that he did not receive the request of reservation and there is no available room. The next morning, Arthur meets solicitor Jerome who advises him to return to London. However, Arthur goes to the isolated manor and soon he finds that Eel Marsh House is haunted by the vengeful ghost of a woman dressed in black. He also learns that the woman lost her son drowned in the marsh and she seeks revenge, taking the children of the scared locals.

I didn't find this movie very scary at all. I did appreciate Radcliffe's acting in the movie though. Being that I've never seen any of the Harry Potter movies, I thought that he did a great job. There were a few creepy moments but overall this one was pretty predictable. It wasn't a bad movie, it's just that there are only so many ways to do the "woman lost her son, went crazy and died... now wants all of the town's other children".

File:Ted_poster.jpg

Just saw Ted on Sunday and I thought it was hilarious and definitely recommend it to everyone. That was the third movie I have seen in theaters this year, with the other two being 21 Jump Street and That's My Boy. I thought 21 Jump Street was great and That's My Boy sucked.

Goon

2011 comedy film directed by Michael Dowse, written by Jay Baruchel and Evan Goldberg, and starring Seann William Scott and Liev Schreiber. The main plot depicts an exceedingly nice but somewhat dimwitted man who becomes the enforcer for a minor league ice hockey team.

Surprisingly funny and entertaining movie. Plenty of hockey violence for those who like that sort of thing.

I watched this on Saturday....I didn't like it. The best part was Sons of Anarchy's Tig as the head coach. I don't know what it was that I didn't quite like about it.

I watched this on Saturday....I didn't like it. The best part was Sons of Anarchy's Tig as the head coach. I don't know what it was that I didn't quite like about it.

I honestly probably wouldn't have enjoyed it quite as much if I wasn't watching with friends who were loving it. Still was surprisingly good though.

Did you watch on Netflix???

I honestly probably wouldn't have enjoyed it quite as much if I wasn't watching with friends who were loving it. Still was surprisingly good though.

Did you watch on Netflix???

No, on Amazon Prime. I think I just found the acting kind of cheesy.

Wild Bill

Wild+Bill+Poster.jpg

Man gets out of prison after spending 8 years locked up, tries finding his wife but she took off and is in Spain...but she left their two boys alone back in England. Father doesn't want to become a father, kids don't want him around, social services threatens to put the two boys in foster homes if Bill doesn't stay. Unfortunately, Bill's nefarious criminal past and his sons' current lives end up overlapping unexpectedly. Fortunately, you find out why they call him Wild Bill lol...

Very entertaining, VERY funny in parts (a lot of parts, actually)...great music throughout. And the guy who plays Wild Bill is excellent.

Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyquUziG0SA

Ok well I just realized that the Lifetime version is different than the movie that Califan posted. The version I saw was definitely a Lifetime movie, not a documentary. Sorry for the mix up, I still enjoyed it though.

watching it on lifetime right now :)

Factory Girl:

Directed by George Hickenlooper and starring Sienna Miller, Guy Pearce and Hayden Christensen.

Synopsis: Basically it's the journey of Edie Sedgwick (Kyra Sedgwick's cousin) from socialite to one of Andy Warhol's "superstars" during the mid-late 60s.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edie_Sedgwick

Interesting but somewhat depressing.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

Um....... Godzilla: Giant Monsters All Out Attack:silly:

Yes, I'm a huge Gojeria fan. ;)

A little different than most (recent) Godzilla movies, in that Godzilla is the bad guy and King Ghidora is one of the good guys. Most people probably dont need a synopsis, it is what it is. Not bad overall, FX are good. If you're a vet of Godzilla movies, it's a little disapointing seeing Mothra and King Ghidora not full size (the "why" is explained, but it's still a little disapointing).

Wanderlust w/ Paul Ruud and Jennifer Aniston. Almost impossible to sit through. Skip it if you can.

Must be catching with the Rudd films. (Who I like per se.).

Caught 'Role Models' on TV last night for the first time. Left feeling 'meh.' Some good laughs, but nothing to what I was expecting. The writing kinda' out-cruded (new word?) itself just for the sake of it.

Hail.

"Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter..and Spring." What a great, great movie.

95% approval rating on rottentomatoes. http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/spring-summer-fall-winter-and-spring/

Korean director Kim Ki-duk's Buddhism-inspired fable takes place on a placid lake nestled among hills on which floats a small, one-room monastery housing two monks, one old and one young. The action takes place over the course of several years, and is divided into five sections denoted by the seasons of the title. While each section tells a story of its own, the overall plot follows the education of the younger monk, a small boy in the beginning, as he learns lessons over the course of his life from his aging counterpart. Troubled outsiders also visit the monastery seeking guidance, including an ill young woman and a man who murdered his wife. As the title suggests, the film's ultimate theme is cyclical renewal. Just as the seasons pass through phases of birth and death and rebirth, so do the lives of Kim's characters

It was good, but I want to see the documentary now! I love movies based on true stories.

Then if you can find it, see this one:

79839.jpg

True story about the Snowtown murders in Australia. Snowtown is a small, depressing town in Australia, and a guy there ended up killing a bunch of people with the help of a few friends and his quasi-adopted son (who is shown in the poster).

Trailer:

Edited by Califan007

beasts.jpg

First movie I can genuinely say I've seen that captures "the mind's eye," visually it's filmed like a memory.

An unflinching, unforgiving, unassuming, and painfully simple/pure film that shatters expectations you have in a modern film narrative regarding topics such as time, loss, love, community, family, and poverty. (And it's an American film with metaphors in it!!!)

I've heard some people get caught up by the race of the protagonists, their social class, I don't get it b/c those details are peripheral at best. It's the characters themselves that are unlike anything I've seen in a long time, they are equal parts timeless, fresh, and memorable.

The film is completely objective save the central theme, the courage and strength of Hushpuppy (the young protagonist) which by the credits roll is inarguable.

An absolute tour de force by both leads (Dwight Henry and Quvenzhane Wallis). Both will be nominated for Oscars.

Run don't walk.

9/10