Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Tailgate 500 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die List--**READ RULES IN OP BEFORE POSTING**--MET

Spaceman Spiff

50. Black Uhuru - Red

(I'll stay away from the greatest hits. The "Ultimate Collection" greatest hits compilation is a great collection but Red is their best album. I'd put it up there with anything Bob Marley put out.)

Space you should alter the title and add something about reading the OP before posting.

"The Tailgate 500 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die List - ***READ RULES IN OP BEFORE POSTING**"

Something like that.

Anyway...

I'm loving all the Beatles submissions...because they're that damn good. I'll lay off though so this doesn't become dominated by them.

53. Live - Throwing Copper

One of the best albums of 1994 and still holds up today. The great thing to me about C.D.'s like this is that with maybe one exception (two at the most) it doesn't feel like that band took any songs off. They were all solid, none of them seemed like filler. I know they've had many subsequent albums, but none of them ever came close to the sophmore release for this band.

220px-Livecopper.jpg

I'm loving all the Beatles submissions...because they're that damn good. I'll lay off though so this doesn't become dominated by them.

53. Live - Throwing Copper

One of the best albums of 1994 and still holds up today. The great thing to me about C.D.'s like this is that with maybe one exception (two at the most) it doesn't feel like that band took any songs off. They were all solid, none of them seemed like filler. I know they've had many subsequent albums, but none of them ever came close to the sophmore release for this band.

Extremely well done, sir.

One of the greatest recording I have ever hear of any genre of any time:

59. Harry James--The King James Version

james_cover.jpg

It was recorded live in a church direct-to-disc by Sheffield Labs (an amazing label---read up on them and the Mobile Fidelity and Crystal Clear labels)in the 70's. That means each "side" of the record was performed without going through any mixing with one song following the other in real time.The mother is cut from the lathe by hand (about a dozen people alive who can do that) with simple state-of-the-art mic feeds directly feeding. If you can find it on vinyl, awesome, and it's comparatively scarce even on CD. The acoustics are amazing and it was and still is an iconic album for displaying true high end systems as well as being a fantastic performance and absolutely killer arrangements. When it came out, I got it because I was working in music and high end audio even then, and though my buds and I played and listened to mainly hard rock, pop/rock, blues, Motown, and some jazz/classical/folk, we would wear that mother out. I had a dozen copies of it.

Archived