Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Robert Griffin III is a Washington Redskin (Merged-- The Everything RG3 Thread- Mocks,News, Rumors etc MET)

HogNose

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I looking at does camp video´s and Robert looks a bit off. If you look at Kirk you see a guy doing his drills tight get back to the line and do it again. Robert Griffin the third is more fooling around, taking his helmet off, playing with the football. He just looks less serious in some parts of the practise.

I get a little bad fibe from does vids.

He does look amazing in the drills.

I'm glad someone else said it because I thought the same thing when watching it. It just seems you would take your first rookie mini camp a little more seriously. He also does this odd wrist snap move when he throws the ball. I'm sure its nothing but it just all seemed odd to me.

I'm glad someone else said it because I thought the same thing when watching it. It just seems you would take your first rookie mini camp a little more seriously. He also does this odd wrist snap move when he throws the ball. I'm sure its nothing but it just all seemed odd to me.

You guys over analyze EVERYTHING. I bet he shakes it more than once after he takes a leak too. Don't want the guy playing with himself! That may ruin the entire camp!

Jeez.

Out of the two minute clip you saw he wasn't taking practice seriously enough? :doh:

I bet you the kid knows how to practice, and if he's not practicing well Shanny will tell him that.

He also does this odd wrist snap move when he throws the ball. I'm sure its nothing but it just all seemed odd to me.

The wrist snap is actually a very important part of throwing the football. It helps get the ball into a tight spiral.

Either some of you have REALLY mastered the art of sarcasm or you really need lives.

To glean *ANYTHING* from a two-minute video, especially to question someone's work ethic who is renowned for being among the hardest-working in the game (ESPECIALLY when his mantra on his work ethic *is your friggin' signature*), is just stupid.

Go outside or something. Yeesh.

Don´t want to cry and stuff...but man. I give my opinion on a clip I see and people totally go crazy, lol. 'Skins message board has always been a violent and nasty place to give you opinion. I still love it. XD

Also sarcasm is the most funny thing ever discovered.

Don´t want to cry and stuff...but man. I give my opinion on a clip I see and people totally go crazy, lol. 'Skins message board has always been a violent and nasty place to give you opinion. I still love it. XD

Also sarcasm is the most funny thing ever discovered.

I don't think anyone was trying to be nasty to you or shut you up. Certainly not being "violent". It seemed that it was more along the lines of requests for you to take an objective step back and realize that you may be trying to get too much out of a very very small video sample from a rookie mini-camp. This is especially pertinent when you take into account how well known Griffin's work ethic is and has been over a long period of time.

However, this is ES so if you say something that others find a bit ridiculous, then it is pretty inevitable that you might get a little bit of ribbing for it.

And you might want to remember, the media spent the whole week saying that we are racist fans who will run RGIII out of town the first chance we get, so this may not be the best time for humor on the subject.

Either some of you have REALLY mastered the art of sarcasm or you really need lives.

To glean *ANYTHING* from a two-minute video, especially to question someone's work ethic who is renowned for being among the hardest-working in the game (ESPECIALLY when his mantra on his work ethic *is your friggin' signature*), is just stupid.

Go outside or something. Yeesh.

I think I am going to start using Yeesh at work. It's a very suitable way of describing emotion.

You 'tell em. You're 100% right.

And you might want to remember, the media spent the whole week saying that we are racist fans who will run RGIII out of town the first chance we get, so this may not be the best time for humor on the subject.

I missed this part...will google some of does articles because that soundz crazy. Very crazy.

2cents, post a link or it didn't happen. Why get people riled up for no reason?

2cents, post a link or it didn't happen. Why get people riled up for no reason?

Well it was not "the media" - it was a comment by Skip Bayless on air saying that drafting Cousins risked having white Redskins fans wanting him t replace RGIII if RGIII struggled at some points. Those were not the exact words he used by that was the sense (and I use the word very loosely) of what he said.

Wow I didn't know this. Thanks. I have never seen it before. Atleast never as distinctive.

I think the way he ends it is a bit distinctive. Just his own style. He seems to snap his wrist with the throw and then when he brings his arm down in his follow through he sort of keeps the wrist in a "down" position so it looks different than other QBs who snap and then their wrist returns back to a regular angle. No practical difference in terms of functionality...just a unique style that he probably got into the habit of doing and now it is just muscle memory.

Well it was not "the media" - it was a comment by Skip Bayless on air saying that drafting Cousins risked having white Redskins fans wanting him t replace RGIII if RGIII struggled at some points. Those were not the exact words he used by that was the sense (and I use the word very loosely) of what he said.

Ha, is he still on the air? He hardly qualifies as the media; he has as much credibility as a random guy posting anonymous comments below a random ESPN article. And shame on any Redskin fan for accepting the broad brush stroke of his strawman argument.

I should have said, "Post a credible link, or it didn't happen."

It´s not a false statement, only he shouldn´t say white fans.

If he would say: Drafting Cousins risked having Redskins fans wanting him t replace RGIII, if RGIII struggled at some points.

That's true. If RGIII will not deliver and Captain Kirk plays light out in pre-season some people might call for his number. Don't think race has any part in that.

I would just give Robert time. He might struggle at some point but you don't learn from your succes, you learn from your mistakes. Look at Eli Manning. The man had his ups and downs, fans screemed for a other starting QB but he kept working and improving his game. He became better with every snap he took and look where he is now.

You don't learn to become a starting NFL QB in college, you learn that in the NFL by playing in the NFL.

Archived