Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Robert Griffin III is a Washington Redskin (Merged-- The Everything RG3 Thread- Mocks,News, Rumors etc MET)

HogNose

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Am I the only one who noticed that the Gryffindor scarfs share the same color as the redskins? Coincidence? Despite never watching or reading anything Harry Potter related, I'm probably going to buy one of those and wear it to a game in the winter.

Griffin-dor?

griffindor.jpg

Ok, ok....perhaps we've gone too far this time :pfft: And to think, we've got over 3 months until we actually see this guy play...ugh!

Well it's nice to see that he's taking snaps from underneath the center on the first day lol

He is going to be spending a LOT of time the next 3 or 4 months just taking snaps, executing 3/5/7 step drops and getting the ball out of his hands on a rythym. He will be doing it in his sleep.

I'm sure I'm late to the game here but did anyone notice RGIII is ambidextrous? Saw him throw left handed on Redskins Nation and looks like he's got a decent toss. How can we use that to our advantage?

I believe Larry mentioned running bootlegs to the left...interesting...def could catch the D off guard

I believe Larry mentioned running bootlegs to the left...interesting...def could catch the D off guard
And if Griffin's ability to just flick the ball long distances is true, we can run bootleg both sides effectively. Would definitely complicate opposing Ds.

Anyone see the new RG3 Adidas commercial yet? They just showed it on ESPN during a timeout Celtics vs. Hawks. I can't remember anyone getting a commercial aired this quickly after being drafted.

The Adam Morrison "crying" commercial comes to mind. I know it was a different sport, but in hindsight it is super funny. :)

Anyone see the new RG3 Adidas commercial yet? They just showed it on ESPN during a timeout Celtics vs. Hawks. I can't remember anyone getting a commercial aired this quickly after being drafted.

That actually aired even BEFORE he was ever drafted. I saw it about 3 or 4 days before the draft. Crazy huh.

Have you guys seen the mini camp video on redskins.com.... The qb's are doing a simple drill where they shuffle their feet and then throw. It is crazy how much faster RG3 is compared to Crompton. RG3 is such a ridiculous athlete, it is going to be fun watching him this season!

I honestly don't think we'll see any use of left handed throwing. There's a difference between tossing the ball around during warmups and completing a pass in game action.

Not sure. Wonder if they would work on it in Goal line situations or short yardage? If he can accurately toss a ball with some zip from his left hand it would be more than interesting.

I just think if he were to do it he would have done it already. At Baylor they ran a number of tricky gimmicky plays.

What would be the point of throwing if left handed when he's deadly accurate with his natural right. I think were making a bit much out of nothing.

I will confidently predict that if Griffin ever throws a pass with his left arm it will be a broken play not by design.

You do realize that running a bootleg to the left, he would still be throwing with his right arm. He would either throw across his body or reset and then throw. The bootleg is only the direction the player goes to the outside. There are very few QB's who can roll to the opposite side of their throwing arm. I think Griff has the arm strength to do that, but it will probably hurt his accuracy unless he resets to throw.

Have you guys seen the mini camp video on redskins.com.... The qb's are doing a simple drill where they shuffle their feet and then throw. It is crazy how much faster RG3 is compared to Crompton. RG3 is such a ridiculous athlete, it is going to be fun watching him this season!

Yes I saw that and noticed it as well. His feet are very quick and his balance is great. His release is also extremely fast; quite noticeably faster than the other QBs. You can tell those balls have some serious velocity on them when they leave his hand as well. He always had a relatively quick release in college but you can tell he has been tightening up his motion and working on making his release as fast as possible. Also, if you watch the very first video from yesterday's practice you see him working with Kyle on a backwards movement and resetting then throwing drill; his reset speed is impressive (compare it to Crompton who was shown doing the same thing next to him).

Also, if you watch the very first video from yesterday's practice you see him working with Kyle on a backwards movement and resetting then throwing drill; his reset speed is impressive (compare it to Crompton who was shown doing the same thing next to him).

Did you see Kyle have to dodge his head??? That ball got on him quicker than he was expecting. :ols:

You do realize that running a bootleg to the left, he would still be throwing with his right arm. He would either throw across his body or reset and then throw. The bootleg is only the direction the player goes to the outside. There are very few QB's who can roll to the opposite side of their throwing arm. I think Griff has the arm strength to do that, but it will probably hurt his accuracy unless he resets to throw.

The comments I'm responding to are about him throwing a pass left handed and follow up posts about us designing plays to take advantage of this. Not going to happen.

As for rolling to his left yes I am aware he will still be throwing with his right arm. I think we all are.

The comments I'm responding to are about him throwing a pass left handed and follow up posts about us designing plays to take advantage of this. Not going to happen.

As for rolling to his left yes I am aware he will still be throwing with his right arm. I think we all are.

lol

It was hard to tell with the way the thread was going. As far as him throwing left handed....ROFL that would make no sense AT ALL. That would be like Gano stepping up to kick a field left footed.

Archived