Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Robert Griffin III is a Washington Redskin (Merged-- The Everything RG3 Thread- Mocks,News, Rumors etc MET)

HogNose

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

If we are going to trade up to get RG3 might as well go for Luck. Either is going to cost us more picks than I want to give anyways.

I don't think Luck is on the table, no matter what the price. Sort of like how Bradford wasn't on the table a couple years ago.

It really is too bad that Barkley isn't coming out -- if he was, then either Barkley or RG3 would fall to us without us having to give up picks. What a shame.

:thumbsup: Good one, here is another I just read.

Why Washington Redskins Must Mortgage Draft in Order to Nab RGIII

I just don't think the Browns go with a QB this draft as well. Colt McCoy (given the weapons) can be a good QB for them. If anything I see it working out like this:

The Packers against better judgement will "Franchise" Matt Flynn. They'll find the cap space but, once the season is over it will be hard to let him just walk away for nothing knowing he is now a HOT commodity. In doing so, they will have a bidding war on their hands that will include Cleveland, Miami and yes... Washington but, the asking price gets too costly and we will drop out. Miami and Cleveland will duke it out with Cleveland winning out because they have the ammo to play with (Two 1st rounders).

Ultimately, Flynn gets dealt to Cleveland for a 1st (Atlanta's 1st from last years Julio Jones trade) and a 3rd or a 4th in this years draft. Maybe even a late round pick next year to sweeten the pot. Cleveland picks either Blackmon or Trent Richardson with their remaining 1st round pick (4th). I'm guessing maybe Ashlon Jeffery or Malcom Floyd because they need a WR and I have a feeling Jeff Fisher (....yes he will take the St. Louis job) will take Blackmon to give Bradford a weapon. That leaves Miami fighting to trade up ahead of us.

This part is what makes me nervous because with Adrian Peterson being hurt and also losing Sidney Rice to free angency they need to bring in talent. They may want to trade down in order to shore up some questionable spots in their roster. They'll look to Minnesota or Tampa Bay but, (wishful thinking here...) I think the asking price for Minny's pick will be too much and I think Tampa Bay will want to stay put and Miami will be unable to move up. Ultimately, in a complete shocker to what all the mock drafts predict as of right now, RGIII will fall to us at #6. Miami will find Russell Wilson or Tannenhill in the second or third at a good value.

Luck to the Colts is THE only sure thing we know. No way in the world that doesn't happen.

That may not be completely up to the Colts. If Peyton is healthy he has a few more years in him. Luck could potentially force a trade; he isn't the kind of prospect you sit for 3 years and he is way too competitive to just say "well, OK" if that is what the Colts essentially plan on doing.

That may not be completely up to the Colts. If Peyton is healthy he has a few more years in him. Luck could potentially force a trade; he isn't the kind of prospect you sit for 3 years and he is way too competitive to just say "well, OK" if that is what the Colts essentially plan on doing.

The Colts owner has already stated he takes him and why in the world would you invest in a 36 yr old QB with very questionable health ? It's brutal but it's business. Luck is the choice, I'll even give odds on it.

Luck to the Colts is THE only sure thing we know. No way in the world that doesn't happen.

Luck going to the Colts is NOT a sure thing.

A lot depends on Manning's health. If Peyton and his doctors can't guarantee that he can play next season, Luck is a Colt.

If Peyton can play and is ready to go, no way Luck is a Colt. I truly believe he will pull an Elway if Manning is ready to play.

---------- Post added January-10th-2012 at 06:29 PM ----------

The Colts owner has already stated he takes him and why in the world would you invest in a 36 yr old QB with very questionable health ? It's brutal but it's business. Luck is the choice, I'll even give odds on it.

The Colts' owner has not said that. No one gives away their draft plans like that unless you have the #1 pick signed.

People in the media may be stating that for him, trying to tell the Colts what to do, but the Colts haven't made their plans public. Nor will they.

The Colts owner has already stated he takes him and why in the world would you invest in a 36 yr old QB with very questionable health. It's brutal but it's business. Luck is the choice, I'll even give odds on it.

Well it would be pretty idiotic for him to say "Nah, if Peyton is healthy we'll be trading the pick" unless he was completely uninterested in getting the best value for it. As far as Manning goes, no way to know. They could keep him, trade down and get a bunch of picks to built the rest of their horrible team. They could let him go if he isn't healthy and take Luck, who would then be thrown into the fire on a team with a complete lack of talent at other positions. They could keep Manning if he is healthy and still take Luck...but I still could see a scenario where Luck forces a trade if he thinks they are just going to sit him for 3 years. Just saying it isn't certain. Should be interesting to see what happens when Peyton's money is due.

The insiders say that we love RG3. That's enough for me at this stage in the process.

which insiders are you referring to? the ones here on extremeskins like TK and LL?

and Steelz as well they have seemed to echo that statement

Please show me directly where we all said that we love RG3. Links & direct wording, please. :)

Yeah I'd be freakin stunned if the Skins go with a corner at 6. If they can't get RG3 I would expect them to trade down and go after Flynn in FA.

The Browns can't wait to see what happens in the draft before going after Flynn...he'll be LONG gone way before then. If Flynn doesn't go to the Browns OR the Skins, then you know both will be gunning for RG3.

---------- Post added January-10th-2012 at 03:47 PM ----------

Please show me directly where we all said that we love RG3. Links & direct wording, please. :)

LavarLeap damn near has it as his signature :ols:...

---------- Post added January-10th-2012 at 03:53 PM ----------

The Colts owner has already stated he takes him...

Nope, he didn't...

SI: Colts, Owner Jim Irsay Deny Reports That Andrew Luck Will Go No. 1

Oh, I found one! It's right here:

we love RG3. :)

Come on guys, even the insiders have to throw up smoke, mirrors, and false information for a couple of months. Nobody should KNOW what a team is going to do. Not this far out anyway. TK himself basically says "Wait until after FA" when people try to make draft predictions. Just chill for a couple of months.

I would be willing to bet that no one knows what is going to happen yet. Shanahan might not even know how much he loves RG3 at this point...because of that, I'd be willing to bet the insiders only have a snapshot of the information at this point in time (nothing against them, of course). No one has a crystal ball which is what is going to make the next 4 months seem like an eternity in this context.

This article has some great RGiii quotes in it. I can see it now, his game within the game.

http://www.espnflorida.com/rgiii-declares-for-the-draft/

As a surprise to virtually no one, Baylor’s Heisman Trophy winner Robert Griffin III plans to declare for the NFL Draft, according to ESPN’s Chris Mortenson. Griffin combines the speed and athleticism of Michael Vick with pinpoint passing accuracy that has rarely been seen.

“I think every kid’s goal is to play in the NFL,” Griffin said in an exclusive interview. “There’s a lot of dreamers that want to be professional athletes and the way I look at is you’ve got to have a “Plan A” and a “Plan B.” My “Plan A” is taking care of my grades and getting my degrees and “Plan B” is the NFL. Plan B can overtake plan A if they come knocking at your door because who are you to turn down the NFL?”

Apparently “Plan B,” along with the millions of dollars that he will earn won out and rightfully so. Griffin wasn’t going to win any championships next season at Baylor and already armed with a degree, he’s accomplished all he can for Baylor University and in college football.

Griffin is expected to be a Top-5 draft pick and could go as high as second-overall, as teams such as Cleveland, Miami, Washington and Seattle will likely investigate the cost of trading up to acquire his services.

So what type of player can Griffin project to be on the next level? He believes that the sky is the limit.

“I can revolutionize the quarterback position,” Griffin told NFL Analyst Charlie Bernstein. “Cam Newton started it and hopefully I can continue to carry that flag and make it my own. Just with the ability to run the ball and throw the ball with the top quarterbacks in the nation, since I do lead the NCAA in passing efficiency. It’s just something the NFL has never really seen. ”

The young man who is listed at 6-foot-2 carries broad shoulders and unlimited confidence. Griffin believes he can take qualities from all of the elite quarterback’s in today’s game and mold them into his own.

“I try to take bits and pieces from everybody’s game- the one thing Cam Newton does is play with a lot of excitement and a lot of confidence. You’ve got Peyton Manning with his play-action and the fast pace that he plays with, and Tom Brady stands tall in the pocket. You just take all those things and add them. You do it differently and make it your own thing,” Griffin explained.

As impressive as RGIII’s stat-line from 2011 is (72.4 percent completions, 4,293 yards, 37 touchdowns and just six interceptions, passer rating of 189.5), the way he nearly single-handedly turned around a dormant Baylor football program and helped create a new culture cannot be overlooked.

“It’s been great,” Griffin said of his time in Waco, Texas. “I was here when we didn’t have all the nice facilities and we were a 4-8 football team but to see us grow the way we have to become a 9-3 football team and to have an opportunity to win 10 games for the first time since the 80’s. It’s huge and whenever you can take something and build it from the ground up, it looks really good.”

I would be willing to bet that no one knows what is going to happen yet. Shanahan might not even know how much he loves RG3 at this point...because of that, I'd be willing to bet the insiders only have a snapshot of the information at this point in time (nothing against them, of course). No one has a crystal ball which is what is going to make the next 4 months seem like an eternity in this context.

Exactly. The draft board will change significantly as teams do more scouting and combine performances impress and disappoint. At this point last year a lot of people were predicting Cam Newton to be going to the Skins without trading up. Obviously a lot changed as the draft approached.

It's possible that we'll be able to grab RGIII without trading up in the draft, but I wouldn't consider that the most likely scenario. I think it's more likely that he has a very strong combine performance, given his exceptional athleticism, and the cost to move up actually increases.

I use the term "insiders" to talk about any of you. LL is the guilty one in this context.

So, neither J nor myself said it, for the record, is what you're saying. :)

What I'm trying to avoid here is a potential **** storm because things here tend to get paraphrased & used in a manner of " oh well so and so said they said this so I'll go with that because I'm actually to lazy to look up what they actually said". When ES was smaller, we actually had an unwritten rule that you back your **** up with a direct link. We need to get back to that. Now. :)

Leap personally is in love with RG3.

Myself & J, well we like RG3. We also like Luck. We wouldn't be mad with either of them. We do, however see the same few knocks on both. We also know there's still the Combine & Free Agency to get through before even remotely start to get excited about the Draft. It's a long time off. Look at today, Tannenhill just seriously messed his foot up. That right there should tell you guys to calm the **** down because anything can happen between now & the Draft.

There's really nothing for any of us to really grind on right now news wise other then a few coaching positions which are still about a week maybe two out.

My best advice for you guys is this. Take a break. It's going to get slow other then the Playoffs. Enjoy those. Don't get so worked up because the League year doesn't even start until March.

"I can revolutionize the quarterback position," Griffin told NFL Analyst Charlie Bernstein. "Cam Newton started it and hopefully I can continue to carry that flag and make it my own. Just with the ability to run the ball and throw the ball with the top quarterbacks in the nation, since I do lead the NCAA in passing efficiency. It's just something the NFL has never really seen.

Did he really ****ing say this lol :doh:...for some reason I never pictured RG3 being this blatantly arrogant.

Hearing that makes me want to vomit... I think Matt Flynn is fools gold. I think if we want to end this 20+ years of no franchise qb, we need to make this move ahead of Cleveland and get rg3

no recent GB QB has stepped into a starting job and failed as I recall

+1. While I believe LL is bringing legitimate inside information, I think nobody outside of a really tight circle knows the plans. LL also reported we were taking Gabbert, and then admitted it was simply awesome smoke and mirrors from Shanahan and co.

Who is to say this isn't happening again?

Nobody but probably Snyder, Shanahan, Kyle, and Allen will know up until draft day.

no recent GB QB has stepped into a starting job and failed as I recall

Brunell

Hasselbeck

Rodgers

Favre (even though he came from the Falcons)

That's not too shabby a list lol...

---------- Post added January-10th-2012 at 04:14 PM ----------

After his final regular season game he told ESPN postgame "I think Baylor just won its first Heisman"

The dude really believes in himself. And those around him believe in him

Apparently I don't pay enough attention to the guy lol...

I still want him as the Skins' QB, though :thumbsup:...

Archived