Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Robert Griffin III is a Washington Redskin (Merged-- The Everything RG3 Thread- Mocks,News, Rumors etc MET)

HogNose

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

This is dependent on the idea that most people who want RG3 actually believe Bradford is a franchise QB. I didn't before the draft and while he had a good rookie year, I'm still not convinced. I don't think he turns into the top 5 QB a lot of people think he is and I think RG3 is a much, much better prospect.

That is why I gave plenty of other examples of teams with "franchise" quarterbacks who aren't making it to the superbowl in their first 2+ years (Rivers, Flacco, Ryan).

---------- Post added January-10th-2012 at 08:48 PM ----------

I agree that the QB doesn't have to be RG3, but I can't help but wonder about the validity of your point when your examples of teams that "haven't won" with a franchise QB have been perennial playoff participants since they've had their QBs...the Chargers, Eagles, Falcons, and Ravens have a shot every, single year simply because they've had or have a franchise QB leading their team year in and year out.

I may have worded things a bit strongly. I did say having a franchise quarterback is crucial and our biggest need.

My main point is looking at people here they think that with RG3 we will be superbowl bound in the next three years. I am just echoing TK's point that people need to calm down on RG3 this early. Even with a "franchise quarterback," there are teams that haven't sniffed the superbowl.

That is why I gave plenty of other examples of teams with "franchise" quarterbacks who aren't making it to the superbowl in their first 2+ years (Rivers, Flacco, Ryan).

---------- Post added January-10th-2012 at 08:48 PM ----------

I may have worded things a bit strongly. I did say having a franchise quarterback is crucial and our biggest need.

My main point is looking at people here they think that with RG3 we will be superbowl bound in the next three years. I am just echoing TK's point that people need to calm down on RG3 this early. Even with a "franchise quarterback," there are teams that haven't sniffed the superbowl.

Yeah other Franchise QBs aint making it to the Superbowl because other Franchise QBs are getting there.

he will be our next QB!!!

Unless he's not.. I think the Browns are going to nab him and they have more trade ammo with 2 number ones this year...

I sure hope we find a way to get this guy though... and I hope it is at #6.. .to much to ask for but thats what I want. :D

Unless he's not.. I think the Browns are going to nab him and they have more trade ammo with 2 number ones this year...

I sure hope we find a way to get this guy though... and I hope it is at #6.. .to much to ask for but thats what I want. :D

You just have to wonder whether the Browns really would rather move up for RG3 to get ahead of us or keep the picks and draft Richardson and an OL to pair with McCoy.

If I were Cleveland, I'd pick the latter. I think McCoy could be a decent option with a good supporting cast.

You just have to wonder whether the Browns really would rather move up for RG3 to get ahead of us or keep the picks and draft Richardson and an OL to pair with McCoy.

If I were Cleveland, I'd pick the latter. I think McCoy could be a decent option with a good supporting cast.

Yeah there are so many scenarios.. I would have to think that someone will try to trade down in the top 5... I really doubt RGIII falls to #6... Of course my opinions are mostly based on what all the "experts" have to say about who wants who and while they usually get the first few picks right (at least right before the draft) I think things could get really interesting this year.... As far as the Browns are concerned, so much depends on their opinions on McCoy because you are right about two great additions to their team if they stay with their picks as is.... And then there is always FA which will make a lot of this and the current "expert mocks" pointless.

Yeah I'd be freakin stunned if the Skins go with a corner at 6. If they can't get RG3 I would expect them to trade down and go after Flynn in FA.

I've seen a lot of people post this.

Free agency happens prior to the draft. Flynn will be with a new team before the draft happens. So Flynn won't be a contingency plan for anyone.

Skins have 3 options.

1- Sign Flynn and take care of the QB position prior to the draft.

2- Trade up to take RG3.

3- Trade down, address other needs in the first round and take someone like Foles in round 2.

This latest mock draft is what I foresee if we don't do what we can to trade up. We need to trade with the Rams but how would compete with the Browns? :(

I hope this competition Holmgren & Shurmur are talking about for McCoy is Flynn.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/andrew_perloff/01/10/2012.nfl.mock.draft/?xid=cnnbin

Great player but UGGGGHH. We need a QB so bad its insane. I agree, this could actually be the way it happens but God that would really suck.

It did occur to me however that with 2 #1's already, WE could be a trading partner with the Browns at #4 if they DON'T want Griffin. They could move back two measly spots, take our #1, retain their other #1, lose only two spots, and get our second and next year's third. That really could give them some serious ammo.

We need to be worried about Tampa based on who they hire as their new coach. If they hire Childress, then there is a chance he may like RG3. His pet project Tavaris Jackson is finally starting to have the light come on in Seattle. And, RG3 is a vastly superior talent and prospect. So we need to keep our eyes on Tampa, they draft before us. Between us and Cleveland, it's going to come down to who gets Flynn. Who doesn't, will probably have their eye on Griffin.

Why?

If we sign Flynn, he's our franchise (hopefully) QB.

No need to waste a high pick on another one.

There's a certain amount of risk with Flynn given his limited experience. I don't think you could really go all in 100% on a guy who has so little as far as NFL game tape goes. What's there is good but there's the risk that it's the system and players around him that made him look so good in that limited time.

I don't think there would be anything wrong with also spending a pick within the first 3 rounds on someone. It increases your chances of getting it right, and if you get it right twice you have a trading chip with whoever you drafted.

It also means that Grossman would be gone... and, yeah... I'd like that a lot.

We need to be worried about the Tampa based on who they hire as their new coach. If they hire Childress, then there is a chance he may like RG3. His pet project Tavaris Jackson is finally starting to have the light come one. And, RG3 is a vastly superior talent and prospect.

I'm not worried about Tampa. Just last year Freeman took them to 10-6. I get that anything is possible, but Tampa trading up to get a QB when their current QB took them to 10 and 6 just last year? Really unlikely IMO.

We need to be worried about Tampa based on who they hire as their new coach. If they hire Childress, then there is a chance he may like RG3. His pet project Tavaris Jackson is finally starting to have the light come on in Seattle. And, RG3 is a vastly superior talent and prospect. So we need to keep our eyes on Tampa, they draft before us. Between us and Cleveland, it's going to come down to who gets Flynn. Who doesn't, will probably have their eye on Griffin.

They have too many holes to bail on Freeman, but that does make them a great candidate to trade back.

If RG3 falls to 5 and the skins hear someone might trade up, you would like to think they'd give up the 2nd or whatever to move up one frickin spot...

Point is, if Browns pass, we are golden.

Pardon me for not reading the whole thread but with the "Draft Courtney Upshaw & Let's trade with Minny now for the 3rd pick" I've reached my fill of stupid. If you're for drafting RG3 then you are advocating trading with the Rams for the 2nd pick. RG3 is going #2 but it's going to be after a team trades up for him. If he's your guy then you do...He's my guy.

So...you guys are advocating trading the #6 pick, next year's 1st rd pick (top 10ish), and another probably 2nd rd pick for Robert Griffin... a 6'2 QB who wishes he could run as fast as Vick...

Has this place gone insane??? We still have one of the worst O-lines in football, a weak defensive secondary, below average wide receivers, and need a ILB to play next to or possibly replace Fletcher if he leaves. 3 top picks is a HUGE gamble on a short QB. If I make that trade with St Louis, it's for Bradford, and some middle rd picks are coming back our way...otherwise...

Pass.

So...you guys are advocating trading the #6 pick, next year's 1st rd pick (top 10ish), and another probably 2nd rd pick for Robert Griffin... a 6'2 QB who wishes he could run as fast as Vick...

Has this place gone insane??? We still have one of the worst O-lines in football, a weak defensive secondary, below average wide receivers, and need a ILB to play next to or possibly replace Fletcher if he leaves. 3 top picks is a HUGE gamble on a short QB. If I make that trade with St Louis, it's for Bradford, and some middle rd picks are coming back our way...otherwise...

Pass.

Yes actually.

Well, the main message that I, TK, and PCS have sent from long tears of experience is that people who get truly wound up in anyone right now are being seriously premature and it's more than 50/50 that they may be crushed when the actual outcome is known. Playing with possibilities and having fun with speculations is great, but many here very inundated with myriad and detailed permutations that are fairly worthless and also invest heavily in their dream picture so early in the process and make themselves more likely to be the ones posting in (and feeling) terminal angst when something different happens. Hard for me to endorse any serious investment of hope in any specific draft picture until we've run through FA.

Free agency is going to totally be the key.

Pass.

Lulz.

1) Griffin's speed doesn't matter because he's also an elite passer. Even if he ran a 4.9, he'd be a top QB prospect.

2) Bradford is not tradeable.

3) You'd be surprised at how much our perceived "holes" look better with a better QB. Look at the OL numbers for the Pats when Brady was out compared to when he plays, and do the same with Peyton.

4) You go nowhere without a QB even if you have Pro Bowlers everywhere else.

I think I summed it up nicely.

Pass.

jayneal, we havent had a franchise quarterback since i was too young to drink. actually, well before that, imo. and you arent winning doody without one.

not only that, but you vastly underestimate our O line. and 6'2" isnt that short for a QB. and who says st louis wants to trade bradford?

yes, we have needs. but a quarterback is top of the list.

Archived