Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Robert Griffin III is a Washington Redskin (Merged-- The Everything RG3 Thread- Mocks,News, Rumors etc MET)

HogNose

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

My understanding is the word from Indy is they wont be shopping the #1 pick, so Luck is out of reach

Schefter said he wouldn't be surprised if the Colts liked Griffin more as we get closer to the draft. It's still very early so a lot can and will happen leading up to April.

I know RG3 has always maintained that he's happy whereever he goes, but you have to think that at some point, he starts putting signals out as to where he'd PREFER to go? Or at least he'd probably get his agents to do that for him....

So the question is: I know we're all homers here with burgundy-and-gold tinted glasses, but he's got to be 10x more amped about the prospect of playing in DC (where he could be coached by Shanny, who coached his childhood idol, Elway; where he could rub shoulders with Barack; where he'd probably meet nothing but lawyers, judges, law professors, you name it, etc.) in a high-profile, historic franchise where he would be in the national spotlight with marquee games against the Giants, Cowboys and Eagles, right? ... Or am I missing something?

I really don't think Blackmon is better than Floyd or Jeffery. Both of those guys had worst QBing. Look at Michael Floyd with Jimmy. He was a beast as a Soph. He still a beast with bad QBing. Bradford to Floyd is just as good as Bradford to Blackmon.

I really hope the Rams agree lol!!!

I know RG3 has always maintained that he's happy whereever he goes, but you have to think that at some point, he starts putting signals out as to where he'd PREFER to go? Or at least he'd probably get his agents to do that for him....

So the question is: I know we're all homers here with burgundy-and-gold tinted glasses, but he's got to be 10x more amped about the prospect of playing in DC (where he could be coached by Shanny, who coached his childhood idol, Elway; where he could rub shoulders with Barack; where he'd probably meet nothing but lawyers, judges, law professors, you name it, etc.) in a high-profile, historic franchise where he would be in the national spotlight with marquee games against the Giants, Cowboys and Eagles, right? ... Or am I missing something?

Exactly!! Or he could choose the Browns, where uhmmmm, uhmmmm, wait Cleveland still has a football team? I thought they moved to Baltimore at the turn of the century? lol

Keep in mind many here are wildly presuming that Shanahan even wants RGIII.

Shanahan has passed on several QBs in the 2 drafts he and GM Allen have conducted.

I'm not saying he isn't interested in any QB. I'm saying he may be interested in some other QB besides RGIII.

This latest mock draft is what I foresee if we don't do what we can to trade up. We need to trade with the Rams but how would compete with the Browns? :(

I hope this competition Holmgren & Shurmur are talking about for McCoy is Flynn.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/andrew_perloff/01/10/2012.nfl.mock.draft/?xid=cnnbin

You don't trade high draft picks away just so you can get "Competition".

The guys he most likely wanted the most, we didn't have a real shot at. Those guys being Bradford and Locker, if I had to guess. He also reportedly like Dalton in the 2nd, but we never got the chance.

The insiders say that we love RG3. That's enough for me at this stage in the process.

This latest mock draft is what I foresee if we don't do what we can to trade up. We need to trade with the Rams but how would compete with the Browns? :(

I hope this competition Holmgren & Shurmur are talking about for McCoy is Flynn.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/andrew_perloff/01/10/2012.nfl.mock.draft/?xid=cnnbin

Yeah I'd be freakin stunned if the Skins go with a corner at 6. If they can't get RG3 I would expect them to trade down and go after Flynn in FA.

It seems that Cleveland going after Flynn makes more sense. That would give us a great chance at RG3.

I wouldn't look to deep into mock drafts at the moment, the writer stated that the Redskins strength was there defense why would we draft a defensive player just because he's the BPA doesn't mean that the route we go. If anything a were drafting offensively

Exactly!! Or he could choose the Browns, where uhmmmm, uhmmmm, wait Cleveland still has a football team? I thought they moved to Baltimore at the turn of the century? lol

Cleveland has a rabid fanbase...one of the best in the NFL. They have been starved for success since Byner's fumble and RG3 would go a long way to erasing the bad. Cleveland or Washington would be good landing spots.

The guys he most likely wanted the most, we didn't have a real shot at. Those guys being Bradford and Locker, if I had to guess. He also reportedly like Dalton in the 2nd, but we never got the chance.

The insiders say that we love RG3. That's enough for me at this stage in the process.

which insiders are you referring to? the ones here on extremeskins like TK and LL?

Didnt wanna start a new thread, but read this article guys!!! Click link for full article.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-01-10/mr-griffin-goes-to-washington-redskins-best-bet-for-rg3?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

The Cleveland Browns pick No. 4, and there's where the Griffin speculation should really begin. When asked about the situation by reporters three days after the end of the season, Browns coach Pat Shurmur was non-committal on whether second-year man Colt McCoy would keep the starting job in Year 3.

"As we go forward here with Colt, he’s done some really good things," Shurmur told the Cleveland Plain-Dealer. "Get him back healthy, get him in an offseason where he has a chance to develop."

McCoy ended the season recovering from a concussion he against the Pittsburgh Steelers, which opened the door for veteran backup Seneca Wallace to start the final three games. Shurmur didn't shy away from the fact McCoy and Wallace might have company to battle for the job.

"There’s going to be some competition, and I expect that Colt will improve just like I expect Seneca (Wallace) will improve and whoever the quarterbacks are here" Shurmur added. "I think that can be said for all positions, so the best quarterback will play when we start the season."

On Tuesday, the Plain-Dealer reported the Browns might have interest in going the veteran route with a new starting QB—if the Arizona Cardinals make Kevin Kolb available.

Looking at what's going on with the top four picks and the fact the No. 5 selecting team, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have a franchise-type passer (Josh Freeman), the QB-starved Washington Redskins look like the ideal team for Griffin at No. 6. Being drafted to the D.C.-area would also fit with RG3's aspirations in the non-football fields of politics and law.

While Griffin has a fair chance of following one-time Redskins first-round quarterback Heath Shuler into Congress some day, he has promise to call the signals on the field in Washington for a much longer time.

Cleveland has a rabid fanbase...one of the best in the NFL. They have been starved for success since Byner's fumble and RG3 would go a long way to erasing the bad. Cleveland or Washington would be good landing spots.

I don't know, the Browns seem like the forgotten NFL team (do they ever get primetime games). My only concern would be, with Lebron James leaving, Cleveland has absolutely no star in their city. It's pretty much a non-factor when it comes to sports (DC has both John Wall and Ovechkin and the Redskins are still one of the most profitable and popular teams, much moreso than the Browns) - that was made pretty clear when the media and every publication in Cleveland acted like the city was going to crumble without Lebron. I just hope they don't see RG3 as some kind of savior to the city like they did Lebron and force their hand into drafting him.

Yeah I'd be freakin stunned if the Skins go with a corner at 6. If they can't get RG3 I would expect them to trade down and go after Flynn in FA.

It seems that Cleveland going after Flynn makes more sense. That would give us a great chance at RG3.

The problem is, free agency starts a month before the draft, so a decision on Flynn would likely have to be made before then.

careful ... you are a fan of the redskins correct?

we exaclty have not set the world on fire the last 20 years.

Archived