Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"Mail it In for Matt", Success in 2012 and Beyond!

Fergasun

Title says it all. I don't think it should be "Suck for Luck". I'm convinced that Matt Barkley is going to end up the better QB than Andrew Luck (and who knows if either will end up as the best QB in the draft class). That's not to say I think Luck Suck's, but if I had the #1 pick I'd take Barkley right now (okay, we'll see how this plays through the rest of the season).

Realistically, every Skins fan should be ecstatic if we get one of Luck, Barkley, Jones, Griffin or even Tannenhill. They all represent MASSIVE upgrades over our current starting and backup QB's.

Personally, i'd rate them in the following order;

1) Luck

2) Barkley

3) Griffin

4) Jones

5) Tannenhill

I agree with this list except I'm constantly switching between Griffin and Barkley. I love Griffin for all that he brings to the table but then again there is just something about the beautiful touch I see on some of Barkley's passes that makes me think he will be a great pro.

Your next Redskins QB ??

matt-barkley-7-2009-ncaa-football-san-jose-n3qyEN.jpg

The Op may have gotten his idea from the following article-

USC quarterback Matt Barkley isn't getting caught up in the hype, or in Washington Coach Steve Sarkisian's assessment of him.

Sarkisian said this week that if he were an NFL coach, he'd take Barkley ahead of Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck, the presumed No. 1 pick in the 2012 NFL draft.

"I definitely think it's a little sugarcoating," Barkley said Tuesday. "We'll see what he says in March or after this game."

Not that Barkley disagrees. He'd also take himself over Luck.

"Well, yeah," he said. "Self-confidence, right?"

USC Coach Lane Kiffin, who became coach of the Oakland Raiders in 2007 after Sarkisian passed on the opportunity, has described Luck as possibly the best quarterback in college football history.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/college/usc/la-sp-1109-usc-football-20111109,0,4410411.story

I don't think he'll be a bad QB, but I doubt anyone outshines Luck in the NFL.

I wouldn't be upset with Luck, Barkley, Griffin, Tannehill, or Jones. It looks like you can't go wrong no matter who you pick.

We also might pick up a Kirk Cousins as our backup (along with our first round QB)

If barkley, Luck or Jones are there i take them end of story, but if we got the 6th pick and they are all gone, I wait till the 2nd rd to grab my qb. With the 1st pick (again with those qb's gone) I would take Hightower (lb ala ), Claiborne (db lsu) or best RT in the draft. Getting one more big fast play making defense player and this defensive could really become nasty like ravens, or steelers.

There are some really nice prospects entering the NFL @ OB next year. I like them all. While I did like Landry Jones more than all of them, there's been a small drop in his game this season. He's less accurate and his completion percentage has dropped. But that doesn't mean he won't succeed at the next level. Barkley is razor sharp. He throws very little INTs and he's very accurate. He can scramble and he has a commanding presence in the locker room and in the huddle. He's the type of QB you would want. Griffin III is very athletic. He's extremely accurate. He has a excellent deep ball. His release is a little slower than usual, but he's a very good prospect. He can scramble and take off and run the way Vick does and McNabb used to.

As a 'Skins fan, I hope that Barkley turns pro after this season, meaning that the 'Skins have yet another potential franchise QB to grab in the draft. As an 'SC alum, I hope that Barkley returns for his senior year -- though I couldn't blame him for leaving early.

Geez OP, if your gona' try start a Barkley following, at least put up an OP that's longer than a paragraph and really sell people on why you think Barkley should be here. A lot of folks won't of ever seen him play, and you've done little to tell them what type of player he is, what his strengths are, character etc etc.

Sorry man, but that's a poor attempt at a 'fan club' thread.

Hail.

just say no to Landry Jones & Ryan Tannehill. Not first rd material. These are the only 2 I have seen a lot of and I do not see them starting in the nfl no time soon. I need to watch Barkley and RG3

Didnt i see where Shanaahan likes Kirk Cousins ? If so I can see us trading down for more draft picks and taking Cousins in a later rd if that is truly Shanahans man.

I've liked Barkley for a while. As a Notre Dame fan, I've watched my fair share of this kid. Barkley throws a better "pro ball" than Luck. Luck often throws to wide open recievers. Barkley also has less talent around him and in my opinion he throws better on the run.

Not saying Luck stinks, but Harbaugh has had success with quarterbacks EVERYWHERE he goes.

- Josh Johnson at San Diego State threw 1 interception his whole senior season.

- Andrew Luck looked very good when Harbaugh was there (and in his defense, still does)

- Alex Smith.... yes, the former bust! has even looked very efficient under Harbaugh

EDIT: Keyword here is Harbaugh = Efficiency

Again, not saying Luck isn't a stud, and I am not saying he shouldn't be the number 1 pick, but I think the Redskins will be better served to get Barkley. He is a better fit and the media here will love him.

Archived