Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"Mail it In for Matt", Success in 2012 and Beyond!

Fergasun

Barkley has been ranked higher then RG3 on all the 'mainstream' mocks I've been reading (for what that's worth and it may not be much). I think Barkley is the 'safer' pick for whomever takes him. I've watched a lot more of him then RG3 and I have been impressed quite a bit this year (though it's not easy at times because I loathe USC). He is blessed with great decision making and is really accurate though I don't think his arm strength would be ranked as high as others. I see him being better then Sanchez but that's not really saying much and Sanchito only played 16 college games so clearly he's been learning on the job in the NFL. People overplay the USC wash-out factor for their QBs but I'm still worried a bit about Barkley because there is still a ton of talent around him and I wonder how he does when the team is bare of talent (like we are somewhat offensively). That is, how much is the system vs the QB himself? We can't lose by taking him if he's there for us.

we all know your in love with rgiii, but barkley is the 2nd best qb in the draft bar none. And hes already in a pro style offense. It would be an easier transition

i think barkley is very talented, however, i think that rg3, luck, and tannehill will make an easier transition into our system than barkley.

I just have this feeling that RG3 is gonna be better than Barkley. Im always right. I knew Adrian Peterson was gonna be awesome' date=' we passed, Eric Berry was gonna be awesome, we passed, RG3 is gonna be awesome, let's not pass.[/quote']

Well you weren't exactly going out on a limb on those two.

:ols:

i think barkley is very talented, however, i think that rg3, luck, and tannehill will make an easier transition into our system than barkley.

Barkley and Luck could step into our system from day one and run our system perfectly. I firmly believe that. I love RG3's upside, but he will have the biggest learning curve IMO because of the offense he's in.

Hm. Thats a first. I certainly agree with you about Luck. But RG3 is likely going to need to spend some major time on footwork (very important in Kyle's passing offense) as well as getting used to scanning the field and going through more than 1 or 2 progressions while dropping back. Tannehill has loads of talent but he is also pretty raw and will likely need to sit for a while and absorb the pro game. The offense he runs is apparently pretty close to a simplified version of what Kyle/Mike run in many ways, but that doesn't change the fact that he is inexperienced and will probably have to take some time to get used to the speed of the pro game. Barkley comes from a drop back, multiple read pro style offense; he may not have a rocket launcher for an arm but he definitely has very good footwork, mechanics, and lots of experience.

From a lot of stuff that I've read, I've heard the Shanahan's were really impressed with Barkley and also, that he'll fit our system just fine. Thoughts? I truthfully think we can't go wrong either way but I feel Barkley will hit the ground running sooner then RG3 (and that's not discounting RG3's incredible ceiling, which seems limitless).

Barkley and Luck could step into our system from day one and run our system perfectly. I firmly believe that. I love RG3's upside, but he will have the biggest learning curve IMO because of the offense he's in.

But do you want someone who can step in immediately or someone who will develop into a player who can lead us to championships over the course of a decade? Griffin, IMO, potentially fits that bill. Luck, obviously. Barkley? Not so much if you ask me.

Barkley produces and isn't a bad prospect by any means, but I don't see that killer instinct, being cool in the clutch, and willing his team to win the same way that Griffin does.

we all know your in love with rgiii, but barkley is the 2nd best qb in the draft bar none. And hes already in a pro style offense. It would be an easier transition

Yes I like RG3s skillset but I also cant evaluate all of the qbs without bias. Barkley is the third/fourth qb in this draft depending on what your looking for in terms of floors and potential. Luck and RG3 are unquestioned as 1 and 2 while the swing pick is Tannehill/Barkley after. Barkley right now is a much better qb than Tannehill but in a few years tannehill out paces Barkley.

I have heard this same arguement with Claussen and how he knew the Panthers offense because Claussen ran the same offense in Notre Dame. Cam Newton will have to sit the bench for 3 years before Cam will be able to see the field. Blah, Blah, Blah, if the individual have the comprehension skills and puts in the work to learn then this is a mute point. At the end of the day I want a qb with ability to perform to go along with the work ethic.

Yes I like RG3s skillset but I also cant evaluate all of the qbs without bias. Barkley is the third/fourth qb in this draft depending on what your looking for in terms of floors and potential. Luck and RG3 are unquestioned as 1 and 2 while the swing pick is Tannehill/Barkley after. Barkley right now is a much better qb than Tannehill but in a few years tannehill out paces Barkley.

I just don't believe in Barkley having limited upside. He has a very good and really underrated arm. Some say he has an average skillset but I disagree. I've watched every game he's played the last 2 seasons and he can make every throw. Really good zip on intermediate routes and great touch and timing on deep routes. Love his abilty to read defenses. IMO he has what it takes mentally to be a great Qb. With Qbs it's mostly between the ears and he definately has it. I love his intangabiles and completely believe in him as a QB. He will be a Pro Bowl QB

I just don't believe in Barkley having limited upside. He has a very good and really underrated arm. Some say he has an average skillset but I disagree. I've watched every game he's played the last 2 seasons and he can make every throw. Really good zip on intermediate routes and great touch and timing on deep routes. Love his abilty to read defenses. IMO he has what it takes mentally to be a great Qb. With Qbs it's mostly between the ears and he definately has it. I love his intangabiles and completely believe in him as a QB. He will be a Pro Bowl QB

Agree and disagree. I have posted almost all of barkleys games from this season in another thread that show a good amount of flaws. Mentally I think hes got it but physically hes limited, especially considering the other prospects in the draft. I think hes good but not a fit for our vertical pass game.Shanahan loves deep balls/accurrate/consistent and that is a issue with barkley.

If your a boob guy do pick up the pretty flat chested chick ?

Agree and disagree. I have posted almost all of barkleys games from this season in another thread that show a good amount of flaws. Mentally I think hes got it but physically hes limited, especially considering the other prospects in the draft. I think hes good but not a fit for our vertical pass game.Shanahan loves deep balls/accurrate/consistent and that is a issue with barkley.

If your a boob guy do pick up the pretty flat chested chick ?

Yeah he has flaws but nothing that I think would hinder his success in our offense. At USC he does throw a lot of bubble screens but he also throws the deep ball quite often. 40,50 yards plus in the air. He really controls the game at the line. Our vertical game isn't throwing bombs every play. He can make the throws. Rex can't consistantly throw the ball over 40 yards. If he could we would have scored way more tds this season. I think Barkley could fix that right way.

He does need to be more consistant on deep balls tho. I think it's more timing than anything. Which is something he has improved a lot this season. I would agree with u 100%. Griffin is a better deep ball thrower. His footwork may be off at times but that ball always gets there with reciever in stride with amazing accuracy. But I still believe Barkley is a great prospect who continues to improve and will be a great pro. Either way I hope both guys go pro so we can get 1 or the other.

Barkley aint flat chest tho. He got some nice Cs. Griffin just got those DDs. Know what Im sayin :ols:

I have bad feeling that he is going to stay another year in school to try to win national championship. I really think he loves school too much and wants to give it one more try.

I pray he declares this year. He will be very good in NFL.

If he declares, we must take him.

i agree 100%, however we are in the minority on this one. while i think griffins ceiling is potentially higher, hes not the safe pick and for a QB id rather not risk it. cause if griffin does flame out, hes going to flame out hard.

Actually RG3 would probably have better success than Barkley. Our bootlegs only require half the field reads. Sorry but you are wrong Barkley is a pure WCO QB. We are a WCO hybrid with alot of boots and playactions. RG3 will make this offense go while Barkley will manage the offense.

---------- Post added December-7th-2011 at 04:59 PM ----------

i agree 100%, however we are in the minority on this one. while i think griffins ceiling is potentially higher, hes not the safe pick and for a QB id rather not risk it. cause if griffin does flame out, hes going to flame out hard.

What makes you have a feeling that RG3 is going to flame out but not Barkley? Plus Mike Shanahan is the perfect coach for RG3 and this system just speaks RG3. Browns offense is the offense for Barkley. Short quick slants and hitches.

Archived