Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Niners Fan Here --- Thinkin this is gonna be a close game

SF49erFaithful

Howdy yall. Niners fan here thinking we're gonna see a doozie of a game here on Sunday.

You guys have lost your last three but you have looked pretty decent. Beck has shown promise and there is some talent on offense, while your defense is stellar. Pretty good group all around. You guys are also playing at home.

Shanahan is a guru and has proven he is a magic worker. I think the passing game does well for you guys Sunday with some of the younger guys at WR stepping up.

I'm really not sure who will pull through, but I'm guess Niners win this one 27-24.

Looking forward to this game a lot.

Our offense is all Gore. He has been putting up about 130+ on the ground the past few weeks with touchdowns, but I think you guys have the personnel to really slow him down. After all, the past few weeks he has only ran over Detroit, Cleveland, and Tampa Bay.

I think this game could come down to the head coaches. Jim Harbaugh is pretty good but Shanahan has proven he can do more in his NFL tenure. Him over Harbs could give u guys the edge. We'll see.

I appreciate the sentiment but roflmfao @ "there is some talent on offense."

I'm sure you've found out by now (especially if you ever watched Stanford) that Harbaugh doesn't screw around and when he figures out whats working he keeps doing it. Plain and simple the 49ers are a better team and I don't see us coming up with anything to keep from losing

You guys have lost your last three but you have looked pretty decent. Beck has shown promise and there is some talent on offense, while your defense is stellar. Pretty good group all around. You guys are also playing at home.

You're joking right?

I'll play along...Redskins blow out the 49ers 49-0! Lol

I don't think it's ridiculous to think that this could be a close game.

1. If you take away the obvious outlier that is that Buccaneers game, the 49ers have only outscored their opponents 139-104, which is a pretty close scoring differential for a team that's 5-1(I know they're 6-1, but if I remove the points from a win it's only fair to remove that win from the record when analyzing it.) This scoring differential indicates they should have gone 3.98-2.02 over those 6 games. So, basically, at least one 49er win has been lucky.

2. The Seahawks played them really close until Ted Ginn went crazy late in the 4th quarter to turn that game into a blowout margin that wasn't indicative of how the game actually went. They played a very close game against the Bengals. They trailed the Eagles 23-3. The Browns game was a score away from being tied with 2 minutes left.

3. Frank Gore is a running back in decline. He's not going to do well against a team with good linebackers. His runs all tend to be stopped at the line of scrimmage or go for big gains, which makes for good averages, and high final stats, but I think good linebackers to stop his runs that get past the line of scrimmage for medium gains will negate him somewhat.

In conclusion, the 49ers are no juggernaut. They're a pretty good team that's happened to be on the winning side most of the time, and I think we have the personnel to limit Frank Gore. I think the 49ers win the game, because their clearly the better team, but HFA makes this a close, low scoring game.

Points 1 & 2 together make the point that the 49ers haven't been a juggernaut, they've been a good team who have had the luck to end up on the winning side most of the time.

As a Redskins fan who lives in 49ers country, I will say that I do think the 49ers have overachieved somewhat in 2011. The only aspect of their team that was really expected to be as good as advertised coming into the season is their defense.

Gore is a franchise RB, but he often has trouble staying on the field for an entire season. Alex Smith is still Alex Smith but because of the success of the running game, the pressure has been totally taken off his shoulders and Harbaugh has done a great job in designing the offense around not making Alex Smith have to do the heavy lifting. Of course that may change if the 49ers run into a team that can stop the run. Alex Smith has still shown plenty of times this season that he is still the same QB as he always has been. Fortunately for the 49ers, it has come at times primarily where they have a pretty comfortable lead.

On the flipside. I doubt the 'Skins can stop this running game. Maybe for the first half, but by the time the game is deep into the 3rd quarter, they will be worn down, and will have possibly already waived the white flag. The game could already be out of hand by then too.

This O-line gave up 9 sacks to the Bills. THE BILLS....worst defense in the league. I am thinking the 'Skins better be carrying 4 active QBs for this week, just in case.

THis game has the potential to get ugly, fast.

49ers 35

Redskins 6

And I will have to deal with it the entire following week being that I am surrounded by 49ers fans.

Can I put some damn sense in this thread?

HOW THE **** DID YOU GUYS NOT BEAT THE COWBOYS?!?!?!?!?!??!?!

You would have been undefeated and the pokes would have been in last place...

BTW introduce yourself to our lovely "**** the cowboys" thread in the "Around the NFL" section of this board... Your input would be appreciated....

**** the Cowboys

BTW your Cheerleaders might be the cream of the crop in the NFL...

Yes you guys did get shutout last game but that doesn't mean your offense is hopeless. There is some talent there, especially with a couple young guns on the O-line and on the WR corps. Officiating has been an overlooked reason for your offensive woes, too.

The 49ers pass rush is wicked, probably the best in the NFL. And they rarely blitz at all. But after giving up all those sacks to the Bills, Kyle and Mike are probably focusing their attention to stopping opposing the pass rush a bit more this week. Plus, Beck isn't the statue Grossman is.

The Niners are 3-0 on the road this year (all east coast), against Philly, Detroit, and Cinci. With the match-ups however, WAS could have the best shot at beating them.

IF this ends up being a close game [ which I doubt ] it will be due to pride by players like Fletch and Orakpo, providing he's not doing anymore Geico commercials. The only chance the Skins have is to stack the box and make Alex beat us; i'm not sure if he can or not, but its the only way I see it happening.

Gore is a beast; he hits the holes hard and makes tacklers think twice, which will not bode well if he gets into the secondary, with all the shoulder checking by Barnes and Hall.

Please do us a favor; after the game is over, can your team PLEASE take Haslett and Kyle back with you and drop them off at [ or over ] the Golden Gate bridge...

Sheesh :doh:

SG49erFaithful, I bet you thought you'd get some good ol' fashioned trash talk from Skins fans when you started this thread? Unfortunately the best that "Skins Fans" have to offer up are these whiny ****ers. Sorry bout your luck. Here's to a good game on Sunday :cheers:

Hail!

There is some talent there, especially with a couple young guns on the O-line and on the WR corps. Officiating has been an overlooked reason for your offensive woes, too.

We're practically devoid of talent on the offensive side aside from Davis, Cooley (out), Moss (out) Austin, Hankerson (perhaps in time)

Plus, Beck isn't the statue Grossman is.

Will not make a bit of difference in the outcome of the game and we will get crushed

In the offseason via draft and free agency, the offense will be addressed in a major way I think, but we still have needs on defense too. We should re-shuffle the line, but we won't and only God knows why.

Talent? We're talking about talent? We can't even win a game and we're talking about talent!? TALENT!?!

(Sorry, I couldn't resist :))

Yes, we do have some talent. A lot of it is on IR right now, unfortunately. I'll be shocked if we play well in this game. It just seems like the team (as a whole, there are certainly a few guys who care a lot) has stopped caring. I hope I'm wrong.

Bunch of dudes in this thread who should be sitting on a beach in Maui after this one.... If a blowout was so predictable and obvious this should be easy money for anyone who plays the spread. But that's not the way the NFL works.

Anyone that wants to throw some bones on the table and give me the 15+ points people are predicting, please PM me.

I will be extremely surprised if the Niners throttle us.

Howdy yall. Niners fan here thinking we're gonna see a doozie of a game here on Sunday.

:welcome: I appreciate your optimism, but you can replace the word doozie with snoozie.

I'd say SF wins 19-6 in a game of mostly field goals and scrum between the 35 yardlines. I wish it could be like 05 when the Skins had their best day of offense in this millinium. Our D will step it up from last week, but our O will sputter at best.

What about Alex's contract? Isn't he on a one year deal?

Archived