Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Niners Fan Here --- Thinkin this is gonna be a close game

SF49erFaithful

Appreciate the high road type OP. Any given Sunday right?

Yeah... not this Sunday. I'll be absolutely shocked if the Skins find a win here.

Beck will be running for his life.

Gore will top a buck 70.

Torrain/Helu together don't crack 100

And to really seal the pain with a hard kick to the jimmies, Carlos gets a pick six.

San Fran - 27

Wash - 6

number one scoring defense in the league against the 6th worst scoring offense in the league (and getting worse by the week), I think the only thing we can grasp as in our favor is the 1pm start time for a west coast team... not that that has stopped the 49ers thus far this year...

Appreciate the high road type OP. Any given Sunday right?

Yeah... not this Sunday. I'll be absolutely shocked if the Skins find a win here.

Beck will be running for his life.

Gore will top a buck 70.

Torrain/Helu together don't crack 100

And to really seal the pain with a hard kick to the jimmies, Carlos gets a pick six.

San Fran - 27

Wash - 6

If Rogers gets a pick six, or more than one interception this week, I am officially done with life.

I don't think it's ridiculous to think that this could be a close game.

1. If you take away the obvious outlier that is that Buccaneers game, the 49ers have only outscored their opponents 139-104, which is a pretty close scoring differential for a team that's 5-1(I know they're 6-1, but if I remove the points from a win it's only fair to remove that win from the record when analyzing it.) This scoring differential indicates they should have gone 3.98-2.02 over those 6 games. So, basically, at least one 49er win has been lucky.

2. The Seahawks played them really close until Ted Ginn went crazy late in the 4th quarter to turn that game into a blowout margin that wasn't indicative of how the game actually went. They played a very close game against the Bengals. They trailed the Eagles 23-3. The Browns game was a score away from being tied with 2 minutes left.

3. Frank Gore is a running back in decline. He's not going to do well against a team with good linebackers. His runs all tend to be stopped at the line of scrimmage or go for big gains, which makes for good averages, and high final stats, but I think good linebackers to stop his runs that get past the line of scrimmage for medium gains will negate him somewhat.

In conclusion, the 49ers are no juggernaut. They're a pretty good team that's happened to be on the winning side most of the time, and I think we have the personnel to limit Frank Gore. I think the 49ers win the game, because their clearly the better team, but HFA makes this a close, low scoring game.

Points 1 & 2 together make the point that the 49ers haven't been a juggernaut, they've been a good team who have had the luck to end up on the winning side most of the time.

Honestly, this is a bunch of horse ****. Mostly because it's based on that woulda-shoulda-coulda logic. The fact of the matter is that we DID crush Tampa at home and yes, Ted Ginn is big enough of a threat to take two to the house in a game. You can't just conveniently pretend like these things didn't happen, because they did, and they say something about the team.

I think this guy might be on to something. The NFL season is week-to-week and when a team gets embarassed like we did last week, they usually come out with a good showing the following week, especially playing at home. Plus, the Niners are and up-and-coming team that has been over-achieving but they may be overconfident.

I see it as a typical Redskins game...fairly low-scoring and the team that wins will do it by a TD or less.

None of the problems on this team can be fixed in one week. The Skins D has shown they cannot stop a decent RB. Our secondary blows coverages. Oh did I say our D cannot stop the run? They cannot muster a pass rush, and that is just our Defense. Here is a sure fire gameplan. Run, run, run in the first half with an occasional screen, and you will be up probably 17-3 at half time.

In the second half just tee off on our secondary throwing and score another 14 in the second half. Maybe even a total of 17 points.

We have no O line. An average college defensive line could break through.

We lose and we lose badly. 28-10 Niners. I do not know if we will even score 10 points. Just hoping it is not another shutout.

I was pretty confident the Skins would put on a good show and even win last week. Bills were hurt as well, coming off a bye (teams had sucked this year under the new rules) playing in Canada.

Boy was I wrong.

I think the 9ers destroy us and the little chance we have is that it's East coast 1pm game at home. It would not shock me if the Skins somehow won the game. It makes little sense so it shall be.

Frank Gore, Alex Smith, Brian Jennings, Jonathan Goodwin, and Shawntae Smith are the only 9'ers left from that game. I doubt they care, or remember.

The starting QB and RB of the San Francisco 49ers then and now dont remember the 52-17 ass kicking they received the last time they went to FedEx? Im guessing you have never played football right?

For the life of me, I can't figure out how Vegas put the line at only 3.5 points. Easy money, I'm afraid :(

that shocked me too.

88% of the money is on the 49ers.

only 1 other game this season has been that unbalanced.. and it's also this week... 92% of the money is against the colts to cover.

Luckily the 49ers offense isn't too big on scoring points. It'll be a close game if we can get Grossman in before the half. Hail!

Well the 49ers are the number 7 scoring team in the league with 26.7 points per game, but that is definitely skewed a bit by the Tampa Bay game. We are just really effective we don't put up a bunch of yards but score a good amount. The only game we didn't score more than 20 was the Cincinnati game.

Well the 49ers are the number 7 scoring team in the league with 26.7 points per game, but that is definitely skewed a bit by the Tampa Bay game. We are just really effective we don't put up a bunch of yards but score a good amount. The only game we didn't score more than 20 was the Cincinnati game.

Ah so... I stand corrected. Well not really looking forward to the game either way. I don't think it'll be close and unfortunately for me I'm going with a bunch of 49ers fans! Thought I do respect what the 49ers have done! One of my friends has been rocking a Alex Smith jersey for years... think it almost got trashed multiple times... he finally gets to wear it with some pride.

Ah so... I stand corrected. Well not really looking forward to the game either way. I don't think it'll be close and unfortunately for me I'm going with a bunch of 49ers fans! Thought I do respect what the 49ers have done! One of my friends has been rocking a Alex Smith jersey for years... think it almost got trashed multiple times... he finally gets to wear it with some pride.

I honestly think it will be a close game, Vegas knows what its doing and by putting the line at 3.5 they are picking the skins. Yardage wise our offense is average. If we win this game it will be because of our defense which has been the best in the league.

I honestly think it will be a close game, Vegas knows what its doing and by putting the line at 3.5 they are picking the skins. Yardage wise our offense is average. If we win this game it will be because of our defense which has been the best in the league.

Exactly. The dudes in Vegas know what they are doing. They aren't in the business of setting "easy" lines so that the public can give them a beating.

Exactly. The dudes in Vegas know what they are doing. They aren't in the business of setting "easy" lines so that the public can give them a beating.

No they're trying to get a 50/50 split... Which means the Redskins may have a few homers in Vegas willing to put money on their words...

No they're trying to get a 50/50 split... Which means the Redskins may have a few homers in Vegas willing to put money on their words...

That is absolutely untrue. There are certainly times when Vegas will bait a line where they try and get a ton of money on one side. Vegas knows something that the general betting public doesn't. Although Vegas certainly can blow it too (take last weeks Detroit @ Denver line) but when Vegas baits a side you generally want to be betting with Vegas.

They took a horrible beating 2 weeks ago.. and a minor beating last week.

The skins and colts could hand them another bad beating this week. 49ers have 88% of the money right now and 92% of the money is against the colts

Archived