Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Niners Fan Here --- Thinkin this is gonna be a close game

SF49erFaithful

So the skins have been putrid. The 49ers have dominated. I see a trap game and being a second trip to the east coast. The skins win in a

squeaker.

I agree this could be a trap game for the Niners. The league is crazy. Saints drop 62 on Indy, go to St. Louis and get trounced. San Fran is not coming in fearing the Skins. Perfect trap game scenario.

Yea.. uh no.

It won't be close. The question really isn't how bad are we going to lose.... the question is Are we going to even score at all this week?

My guess is that we score a garbage time TD. It sucks, but we have been given no reason to think that this is going to be nothing more than a massacre. We've gotten worse and worse every week.

No they're trying to get a 50/50 split... Which means the Redskins may have a few homers in Vegas willing to put money on their words...

Generally true, but don't kid yourself...they have a decent idea of where the money is going to go before they set a line...especially in the case where one team is 6-1 and the other has lost three in a row, including their most recent 23-0 drubbing. I believe the linesetters, 100% KNEW the public would pounce on SF in that situation and they set the bait a bit.....In the end, it's gambling for everyone...including Vegas. They can certainly take a chance and get roasted.

But I believe the smarter bet (excluding fan emotion here) is on the Skins this week.

The sad thing is that this game could very well be a trap game for the 49ers, and the Redskins will STILL lose. The 'Skins offense is so bad that they can't even do anything with the ball when the defense makes plays or the opposing offense messes up.

Philly tried to give the game at FedEx away....'Skins said naw, we're good, take it back.

The Bills had plenty of lulls in offense during the game, and the 'Skins could never score.

I can see the game being close for about half the game because of our defense, but once they get tired....I will get tired.....of watching the game.

Thanks for dropping by OP, but if you honestly think we can hang 24 points on you and run you close, then the '9ers are one of the most overachieving 6-1 (Who should be 7-0 if you'd not blown it against Captain America and the Cowgirls) in recent memory.

And you've got almost as many problems as ourselves if we put up 24 points or more Sunday.

Hail.

Our only hope is if we do what the Skins do at times, come out of no where and beat a team that we don't think we will. 6-10 Redskins beat the Packers and the Bears last year, two teams that were in the NFC Championship and one that became SB champs. We've seen this a bunch over the years. We might be able to pull a rabbit out of our butts lol. If there are any concerns for the 49ers, besides playing a 1pm game on the east coast, is that the Redskins sometimes wins games like this. That said, even if we do, we'll probably get face rolled the following week by the Dolphins.

I think it will be a close game. Skins upset 49ers 17-14. Our defense scores one touchdown. I want us to beat the 49ers. Harbaugh is getting too ****y for a first year coach. I am sure Shanny does not want to shake his hand if we

lose the game. Maybe he can order little Shanny to go shake Jimmy's hand?

I don't know but I'm starting to think that Beck is never going to get his first NFL win. He's got all the ability and none of the decision making skills. That and our OL is going to get him killed sooner or later even if he doesn't hold the ball forever.

This offense looked as bad as the last few games of Spurrier against the Bills.

What am I missing that makes people think this game will be close?

West coast teams traveling to the east coast for a 1pm usually struggle, the desperate Redskins scraping and scratching for a win at home, we were 3-1 and playing solid, so we do have the potential to step it up and play okay, etc...I'm not saying that is going to happen, but I can see how it will be close. The 49ers aren't a juggernaut on offense.

blind faith? ;)

hahaha..

honestly.. the ONLY thing that makes me think this game may be close is that Vegas pretty much has the Skins winning this game.

The Vegas handicappers for whatever reason believe we win this and set a teaser line of -3.5 on SF and have 88% of the public loaded on SF.

I have no idea why they think we will win... but they'll take a drubbing if we don't cover... and at +3.5 cover basically means we win or it's very very close.

From prediction machiene.com

ATS Free Pick of the Week: San Francisco -3.5 vs. Washington (Covers 59.6%)

One of eight teams that cover the spread greater than 57% of the time on Sunday alone, San Francisco is significantly better than its opponent, Washington, in every relevant facet of the game.

While San Francisco is not built to blow teams out, all signs still point to an easy win over the Redskins. According to 50,000 games played by the Predictalator, the 49ers win 67.8% of the time and by an average score of 22.9-16.1. As 3.5 point favorites, San Francisco covers the spread 59.6% of the time, which is enough to warrant a $76 play from a normal $50 player.

Well... the optimism in here is stifling (lol).

I think the skins is gonna come out firing. You know, Fletcher and captains are not gonna sulk and cower from last week's shutout. The D will go out on Sunday to redeem themselves. In the end, we will kick the field goal and...

lose by 27-10!

All joking aside. When we think we win, we lose. When we think we are gonna lose... we sometimes win.

Archived