Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Judge William Adams Beats Daughter for Using the Internet

XEL

I honestly have no idea what to say about this.

The description of the video:

"2004: Aransas County Court-At-Law Judge William Adams took a belt to his own teenage daughter as punishment for using the internet to acquire music and games that were unavailable for legal purchase at the time. She has had ataxic cerebral palsy from birth that led her to a passion for technology, which was strictly forbidden by her father's backwards views. The judge's wife was emotionally abused herself and was severely manipulated into assisting the beating and should not be blamed for any content in this video. The judge's wife has since left the marriage due to the abuse, which continues to this day, and has sincerely apologized and repented for her part and for allowing such a thing, long before this video was even revealed to exist. Judge William Adams is not fit to be anywhere near the law system if he can't even exercise fit judgement as a parent himself. Do not allow this man to ever be re-elected again. His "judgement" is a giant farce. Signed, Hillary Adams, his daughter."

First off, who "spanks" a 16 year old? Seriously..

Also that guy is getting off on beating the kid, he hits her a dozen times then the mom does once. He walks back in and says "I never got my lick in on her!"

Guy is a psycho.

Edit : Oh yeah, he also threatens to hit her in her "F***ing face!" and tells her he's going to "beat you into submission"

Yeah, I'm not watching that video.

Nor am I, I've made the mistake of ignoring my gut before and watched violent videos that I wish I hadn't, this time I'm going to follow my instincts.

My question is this; who is this judge and is there any reason I should know the name?

I'm sure this guy is a Protestant fundamentalist, but can we still find a way to excommunicate him? ASF, any loophole we can use there?

Situations like this I just let the boss handle the excommunications, his are so much more effective.

At the risk of sounding like a prick, I think people are overreacting to the video. It's not like it's some snuff video. Was he excessive? Yes. Is he crazy? Quite possibly. Should he be a judge? Probably not. But I don't think this rises to the level of, "I can't believe what I am seeing."

Or, maybe, I am not particularly shocked since I got the belt a lot when I was a kid. :ols:

Wow....

If this is from 2004, any idea why it was just now posted?

from Gawker.com

Though the video was uploaded on October 27, it wasn't until today that it began to receive attention—thanks to the popular link-sharing site Reddit, where a poster identifying herself as Hillary Adams shared it (with the title "Family law judge beats own daughter for using the internet, please spread"), writing that she'd decided to post the video (which she'd been "holding onto... until the right time") after receiving "a barrage of harassment" from her father over the phone.

BTW, As I Google for info on this story, I find it odd that no legitimate news organization has jumped on it, etc. I have also seen this pop up in a conversation on Hoax Slayer. We shall see.

At the risk of sounding like a prick, I think people are overreacting to the video. It's not like it's some snuff video. Was he excessive? Yes. Is he crazy? Quite possibly. Should he be a judge? Probably not. But I don't think this rises to the level of, "I can't believe what I am seeing."

Or, maybe, I am not particularly shocked since I got the belt a lot when I was a kid. :ols:

People can argue back and forth about corporal punishment. But when it is used, it shouldn't be used in anger. That guy was lashing out in a rage. That's when corporal punishment sends a really wrong message.

---------- Post added November-2nd-2011 at 08:46 AM ----------

from Gawker.com

BTW, As I Google for info on this story, I find it odd that no legitimate news organization has jumped on it, etc. I have also seen this pop up in a conversation on Hoax Slayer. We shall see.

Well, the UK's Daily Mail has picked up the story.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2056582/Family-law-judge-brutally-beats-16-year-old-disabled-daughter-belt-playing-games.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

from Gawker.com

:ols: Gotta hand it to the tabloidy DailyMail.....they are quick with their stories and love their large scale graphic pics.

Archived