Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

steveo21

Season 6 has been a very mixed bag so far. The general premise so far has been a good one, but there's been so many poorly realised concepts that it makes me wonder whether the producers have dropped their quality control knowing people will buy their product anyway.

For a highly detailed plan, Rick's plan was stupidly dangerous from the outset. Trying to herd an easily distracted group that distance, considering the risk, is asking for trouble. I'm fine with how things went down, but it would have been more credible as a hastily improvised plan once the ground gave way, if a more realistic plan had originally been proposed but not carried out.

Glenn and the fake death was just really taking the piss. I have no problem with the concept of leaving us hanging over a major character's status. Maybe it's a good way of gauging audience reaction with an overall plan to kill off a major character later this season. But the execution was terrible and asks us to suspend our disbelief to the point that many are pissed off about it. Doesn't help that they then go out of their way to play a "we know something you don't" game. They could have achieved the same outcome without scraping the cheap tricks barrel.

Then there's the two significant incidents involving Rick which seem to have resolved without a satisfactory explanation. Just how did he escape the RV and how is he still okay when he wounded himself on a blade that must have been teeming with whatever infects the bitten? They're running out of time to tell the first story and I'm not sure they're going to. The latter could be an important plot element that will lead to a big revelation down the line. Maybe. But otherwise, why put it in at all as it's otherwise a fairly stupid continuity gaff that serves no purpose.

It's a shame, because asides from these, the season has otherwise put together some excellent stories.

I was disappointed that it didn't show how Rick escaped the RV. But I'm ok with just assuming he bolted and ran the rest of the way given the beginning of the episode where he gets back into town.

I think his hand incident was just a nod/tease to the comics. I don't think they are going to play that situation in the actual show, one because it's a ridiculous point and makes no sense in the comics or otherwise and two, because it's too expensive to deal with that on the show every week for the rest of the show

Ok, here's where Im at with this show:

1. Glenn should be dead. If they didnt want him dead, they should have written a different situation for him to get out of. But falling into a horde, and being pinned under a guy, and you dont get bit. But a guy walking through the forest gets bit by a zombie stuck between two rocks? Come on. Hell, Tdog should be pissed off. Second, Im not completely sure, but is there really enough space under a dumpster for a human being to crawl under? At the very least, there certainly wouldnt be enough space to pivot and stab a bunch of walkers. Third, why did the zombies disperse? Shouldnt they have just stood there, for like, eternity. Or until someone/somthing else lured them away?

2. Glenn shoud be insane by now. Like a serious case of PTSD. Dude has perhaps seen the worst of things, and yet hes still here being super nice guy and all. " We have to stick together. Wahhh. My Wife....blah blah blah" Rick, Carol, Abraham, Michonne, Rosita, Sasha, Tara, and even Carl and Deanna have gotten to the point of not trusting anyone. Yet, here is Glenn still being the nice guy.  (and Darryl to a lesser extent). Im tired of his story now.

3. Rick, man who spends 24 hours pacing the wall, notices blood coming through some bullet holes, but not a burned out tower falling apart and leaning into the wall?

Predictions:

1. Maggie dies. Look, either Glenn is gonna go, or Maggie is gonna go. There isnt enough room for two babies round here, and Glenn's story seems to be that he's been through hell. Maggie is a gonner.

2. But before Maggie goes, she leads everyone into the sewer tunnel.

3. The rockets are used in a useless but awesome manner. Abe proceeds to provide us with an Arnie one-liner.

4. Deanna lives, but watches her son die brutally. She becomes a Carol in training.

5. Carl blows that other kid away. The mother lives, but now is haunted by her love interest who's responsible for both her husband and son's deaths.

6. Carpenter, Nurse girl, A ARON, random Alexandria women and men without names also die. ( the main ones though are Maggie and the douche kid.

7. The long haired dude being held in the house will help Morgan (after Morgan gets him out of the house). Morgan will proceed to dole out some serious Donatello ****, but eventually the dude will betray him and leave him to die. Morgan wont die, it will be some sort of cliffhanger most likely.

8. Gabriel keeps it real. He is the one who kills the long haired prisoner.

Watched it last night.

Yea..... didn't buy that at all. It irks me when the zombies on this show conveniently grab and pull people. Especially directly after they show them tearing through flesh like its butter. There's no way Glenn survived that un-wounded. I could've bought having him crawl out of there still alive, but wounded to eventually turn.  

Other then Glenn being Longshot, OK episode. I assume those balloons and the horde will draw the wolves too making the situation worse. 

Predictions:

1. Maggie dies. Look, either Glenn is gonna go, or Maggie is gonna go. There isnt enough room for two babies round here, and Glenn's story seems to be that he's been through hell. Maggie is a gonner.

Good call. I agree, also got the thought Maggie is a goner when they had Glenn live. 

I think the TWD show runners earned the right (after all these years of delivering some great television) to play with the audience like this regarding Glenn's fate.  It was a successful stunt and had everyone talking and speculating.  In the end it's a fun show and escapism for all of us. 

i love Glen, but I hate how he lived.  where does that put me?   :(

Ha - I feel the same way, bro.... Maybe he will go out in some cheap way, saving that weird runaway girl.  I could see them have the audience go through that whole dumpster scenario to have Glen survive, but then go out in some other way shortly thereafter.  Kind of like Beth and the hospital storyline.

Other then Glenn being Longshot, OK episode. I assume those balloons and the horde will draw the wolves too making the situation worse.

Wolves are all but extinct. Any thoughts otherwise were gunned down along with the escapees that sprung one on our man Rick.

The show has already moved onto the next enemy and they're going to have to raise the bar higher still to keep us entertained.

Wolves are all but extinct. Any thoughts otherwise were gunned down along with the escapees that sprung one on our man Rick.

The show has already moved onto the next enemy and they're going to have to raise the bar higher still to keep us entertained.

the bar will be raised. it'll be at pole vault levels.

Let's forget the fact that when Glenn fell his feet were near the dumpster but in this this episode he apparently is headfirst near the dumpster so he can just slide right under and despite 50 walkers being in the area and seeing him under there, they just forgot about him under there after a couple got stabbed in the head.

Actually Im pretty sure his feet were near the dumpster when it panned out at the beginning of this week's episode.

I mean the writers really ****ed us on this one. Just completely ridiculous.

You know what this reminds me of? When I was growing up in Bakersfield, my favorite thing in the whole world was to go to the movies on Saturday afternoons for the Chapter Plays. Anyway, my favorite was Rocketman, and once it was a no breaks chapter. The bad guy stuck him in a car on a mountain road and knocked him out and welded the door shut and tore out the brakes and started him to his death, and he woke up and tried to steer and tried to get out but the car went off a cliff before he could escape! And it crashed and burned and I was so upset and excited, and the next week, you better believe I was first in line.

And they always start with the end of the last week. And there was Rocketman, trying to get out, and here comes the cliff, and just before the car went off the cliff, he jumped free! And all the kids cheered! But I didn't cheer. I stood right up and started shouting. This isn't what happened last week! Have you all got amnesia? They just cheated us! This isn't fair! HE DID'NT GET OUT OF THE **** - A - DOODIE CAR!

Annie, whatever you're thinking of doing. I beg of you.

Glenn's not-dying was very reminiscent of Annie's rant. Well referenced.

Annie, whatever you're thinking of doing. I beg of you.

Glenn's not-dying was very reminiscent of Annie's rant. Well referenced.

Hey somebody got it, thanks!

If that's true it's kind of disappointing. They built up whatever was making these W walkers all last season and into this season just for one poorly planned raid and then that's the end of it?

Ha - I feel the same way, bro.... Maybe he will go out in some cheap way, saving that weird runaway girl. I could see them have the audience go through that whole dumpster scenario to have Glen survive, but then go out in some other way shortly thereafter. Kind of like Beth and the hospital storyline.

This is what I'm thinking as well but I could also see where Maggie goes instead, possibly shortly after reuniting to make it even more tragic.

Glenn is like Opie in SOA, just **** all over him constantly

What's the deal with the fallen building? It looked like someone was removing wood from it during the episode. Was this the wood they were using to brace the walls? Or was someone destabilizing the structure on purpose?

The tower was on the walker side of the wall.

If that's true it's kind of disappointing. They built up whatever was making these W walkers all last season and into this season just for one poorly planned raid and then that's the end of it?

Well, I'm just speculating of course. But they didn't exactly strike me as anything other than sadistic for the pure sake of it. If it hadn't have been for the stay behind members of Rick's group, though, they'd have torn through the rest of the Alexandrians without a fight. That's how I think they operated: pick on the vulnerable.

Archived