Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

steveo21

I was pretty sure there were to be no spoilers in this thread... I know for a fact they didnt talk about this guy yet during the season. And if we are to use the previews of the next episode as a base point, there still wouldnt be any evidence of this person being anything. I find it disapointing that this keeps happening.

I was pretty sure there were to be no spoilers in this thread... I know for a fact they didnt talk about this guy yet during the season. And if we are to use the previews of the next episode as a base point, there still wouldnt be any evidence of this person being anything. I find it disapointing that this keeps happening.

Not a spoiler..they mentioned Negan in the preview clip and on Talking Dead. 

I don't think anybody had said or knows anything about this Negan character yet except for the fact that he is obviously the leader of the group in the preview that Daryl, Sasha and Abe drive up on.

I think it speaks to how sheltered everybody that was I. Alexandria was. They were all nancies.

They took the "book smart" approach of building a wall around the community, text book style, looks good on paper, sounds good.  They could function for years, living virtually the same normal lives, just confined to the community.  Their faith in mankind and humanity beyond their walls was their undoing.

They were trying to outlive the apocalypse while sticking to a pre-apocalyptic lifestyle.  They were made up of families, weak people, that didn't suffer, nearly starve, die, etc.  Sure, some were better at surviving and gathering supplies and intel than others.  But nowhere near the same level as Rick and Co.

When the **** hits the fan, you need people like Rick.  When you want to get prepared before **** hits the fan, you need people like Rick.  That should be the first and second rule of a zombie apocalypse (Fight Club reference).

The first rule of the zombie apocalypse is you need a Rick Grimes.  Second rule of the zombie apocalypse is you need a Rick Grimes.  

You need someone that can do what is necessary, without flinching.  Deanna recognized that.  Just a tad too late considering they didn't have much time to learn under Rick and crew before the **** hit the fan with the wolves and with the walker horde.

I think it speaks to how sheltered everybody that was I. Alexandria was. They were all nancies.

Speaking from a real world perspective (since people keep continuously applying real world principle), its not really impossible to find people who have been largely isolated from the outbreak. Most of us live in ir near the city/suburbs, so maybe its easy to forget most of the vast expansive US, with hundreds of thousands of remote areas where there aren't a ton of people. Mountainous areas, resort areas, the desert. Valleys, islands, remote areas with fresh water lakes, industrial areas with fences, warehouses, plants etc.

Not hard to find a place to hole up and fortify, or hide. The show makes it seem impossible, but its far from that

What you really need is elevation. If somebody could make a treetop society like Endor, you'd be set. Only come down to work in a garden and you'd have spotters everywhere making sure the coast was clear.

People out west would have it really easy with the flat land and long sight lines. Nobody could sneak up on you there and there are plenty of plateaus out there you could hide up on though you'd need some artificial shade and would probably Have a hard time with food and supplies being that isolated.

The best part about elevation is you can always tell people like the governor if they try to pull something "don't try it, I have the high ground!"

What you really need is elevation. If somebody could make a treetop society like Endor, you'd be set. Only come down to work in a garden and you'd have spotters everywhere making sure the coast was clear.

People out west would have it really easy with the flat land and long sight lines. Nobody could sneak up on you there and there are plenty of plateaus out there you could hide up on though you'd need some artificial shade and would probably Have a hard time with food and supplies being that isolated.

The best part about elevation is you can always tell people like the governor if they try to pull something "don't try it, I have the high ground!"

If only they passed through some mountains on their way from GA to VA...

http://bgr.com/2015/11/30/walking-dead-season-6-episode-9-video-preview/

I dunno guys. Looks pretty lame to me. We need something other than the predictable "Negan captures our people and we have to rescue them" storyline. Maybe a character or two died along the way, for shock value, but that's how this season seems to be shaping up.

Now, if Negan had something to do in the bigger picture. Like if Negan set those walkers up in the quarry, or if Negan controls the Wolves and sent them to destroy Alexandria, or something with even an ounce of creativity. I could get on board.

From the preview above, it looks like it's going to be yet another capture, rescue, battle scenario. We only had that with Woodbury, with the Hospital, Terminus, now this. Come the **** on.

If they just lay down like pussies and allow themselves to be captured, then I'm pretty sure I'm on the way out with this show.

Well im sure they could have a season with them chilling at a place like the ranch, going through everyday people problems, but people complained about that too. They complained about the back half of season 4

I mentioned a couple years ago that shows can only go so far before people just get tired of everything, no matter what it is. they probably need to wrap the series up within the next 2-3 years, while they still have a chance to go out on top

Well im sure they could have a season with them chilling at a place like the ranch, going through everyday people problems, but people complained about that too. They complained about the back half of season 4

I mentioned a couple years ago that shows can only go so far before people just get tired of everything, no matter what it is. they probably need to wrap the series up within the next 2-3 years, while they still have a chance to go out on top

There are 3 main components to any zombie storyline. All of which wear thin over time.

#1. The destruction of civilization and society.

#2. The constant threat of the undead.

#3. Trying to rebuild while dealing with #1 & #2.

The Negan storyline is worthwhile though.

Probably why season 2 is my favorite. It's the most personal story for the group, especially Rick with realistic and understandable character motivations.

I can't see them ending the series any time soon. It's too big of a cash cow.

They probably should move in the direction of rebuilding s civilization. They've been stuck in survival mode for about 5 seasons now. Time for them to collect themselves and start to look at the bigger picture

Probably why season 2 is my favorite. It's the most personal story for the group, especially Rick with realistic and understandable character motivations.

I can't see them ending the series any time soon. It's too big of a cash cow.

They probably should move in the direction of rebuilding s civilization. They've been stuck in survival mode for about 5 seasons now. Time for them to collect themselves and start to look at the bigger picture

Mine too. Funny... I was just watching Fury last night, and it remnded me of how much the show misses Shane. All the characters are too nice now.

Season 2 Rick was still trying to save the world, Daryl was a pain in the ass, and Shane was evil. Now it just seems like many of the characters have sort of stagnated and become Rickbots

Exactly what do you feel has been spoiled? They showed a clip of the next episode. If it's been aired, it's no different than the preview that is linked to the OP of this thread.

Mine too. Funny... I was just watching Fury last night, and it remnded me of how much the show misses Shane. All the characters are too nice now.

Season 2 Rick was still trying to save the world, Daryl was a pain in the ass, and Shane was evil. Now it just seems like many of the characters have sort of stagnated and become Rickbots

Agree completely. I loved Daryl that season too. He was a pain in the ass but also struggling to provide value to the group and land somewhere in that hierarchy with Rick and Shane, hence why he was so set on finding Sofia.

Rick has trained the group up really well since then. They are all just mini Rick's now except Morgan, which not coincidentally, has been the most interesting storyline this season to me.

The end really begged the question why they don't go with blood and guts camo like all the time. Think about how much safer a scavenging mission is if you're under one of those cloaks. Going outside the walls, your first mission should be to find a walker and kill it so you can camo up. Every time

I understand the comic and the show have stayed within the same broad arc with some great changes for the screen.

With that said, the intro of Negan could very well play out for 1.5 seasons. Maybe even 2. And it will be worthwhile, people. Hang on. ;)

The end really begged the question why they don't go with blood and guts camo like all the time. Think about how much safer a scavenging mission is if you're under one of those cloaks. Going outside the walls, your first mission should be to find a walker and kill it so you can camo up. Every time

Thy kind of backed themselves into a corner by pulling that stunt in season 1 because it would have been very practical to use hundreds of other times since then, if not every time like you mentioned.

That's why I'm actually surprised they've brought it back again. I thought they would hope people forgot about it but now that it's fresh in ours and the group's memory, they really should be doing it more often.

They addressed this on TD and they said it's because it's dangerous. If they make too much noise, they're done. If it rains like it did in Season 1, they're done. If the smell wears off, they're done. It works, but it's not exactly foolproof.

• 1 month later...

Archived