Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

steveo21

The Wolves being completely eliminated already makes no sense at all. Why even bring them up if they were good for a season's worth of speculation and then one fight and that's it. Seems like they foreshadowed these Wolves for a while now, so they can't just be... done.

Plus, there's been no real foreshadowing of this new group. Perhaps the Wolves are a part of that whole thing. I dunno.

At least Glenn is still alive.

Well, I'm just speculating of course. But they didn't exactly strike me as anything other than sadistic for the pure sake of it. If it hadn't have been for the stay behind members of Rick's group, though, they'd have torn through the rest of the Alexandrians without a fight. That's how I think they operated: pick on the vulnerable.

It's just too short for the way they were teased with the Walker Ws everywhere last season, the radio messages back in the opener when Tyrese was all messed up all the way back in Richmond destroying Noah's community. Then they show how smart they are with the trap they set at the food plant, using music to draw the walkers in to the trailers and the way they snuck up on Morgan in the woods.

It just really seemed like they were a lot smarter and meant for more than one mindless raid of 15 or so individuals

While we're talking about plot issues, the entire idea of Alexandria is nonsense.  

When you look at how things started on TWD, the idea that the people of Alexandria would have time (and apparently access to tons of corrugated steel) to build walls that size before either walkers or people came to town is already silly.  Throw in the fact that they are in the shadow of the nation's capital where everything would undoubtedly be a colossal s-storm and it loses any kind of believability.

I'm still watching though.

While we're talking about plot issues, the entire idea of Alexandria is nonsense.  

When you look at how things started on TWD, the idea that the people of Alexandria would have time (and apparently access to tons of corrugated steel) to build walls that size before either walkers or people came to town is already silly.  Throw in the fact that they are in the shadow of the nation's capital where everything would undoubtedly be a colossal s-storm and it loses any kind of believability.

I thought Alexandria was originally a "safe-zone" that was built before all those people came there?

It was a safe zone..this is from the TWD wiki page. 

Post-Apocalypse

The upscale planned community was a safe-zone established by the military in the early days of the outbreak, containing a handful of supplies for a large group of people. Ohio Congresswoman Deanna Monroe and her family were attempting to evacuate D.C. and return to Ohio to help handle the crisis in her state. While doing so, they were directed by the military to the neighborhood, among other survivors from D.C., and ordered to wait for their return, which never occurred.

If it was a safe zone, then why all that talk about how her husband designed and built the walls? Am I to believe that this independent architect built a system of makeshift walls around a government/military funded "safe zone?" Surely if this was a government directed safe zone, Alexandria would be protected much better. Ive had 4 levels of security to go through to get into medium security access government facilities. These walls dont have watch towers, trenches, or even barbed wire. Heck, the structural supports are facing the wrong direction...

In terms of protection, the prison is number one with the Gov's town a close second.

If it was a safe zone, then why all that talk about how her husband designed and built the walls? Am I to believe that this independent architect built a system of makeshift walls around a government/military funded "safe zone?" Surely if this was a government directed safe zone, Alexandria would be protected much better. Ive had 4 levels of security to go through to get into medium security access government facilities. These walls dont have watch towers, trenches, or even barbed wire. Heck, the structural supports are facing the wrong direction...

In terms of protection, the prison is number one with the Gov's town a close second.

Good points and I have zero idea

I'm fine with Glen surviving.  What I need however is for them to start moving towards real civilization.  I get it, nomadic savage tribes is fun, but it's time to make some real progress towards a higher form of survival.  There is strength in numbers, or stating it differently there is a strength that can only be achieved with greater numbers:  Specialization.  I feel like Alexandria is about to go the way of the farm and that's a shame.  Back to running for their lives in a small group would be sad. 

Also, I need something other than green forests.  Urban land scape would be ideal but I'd settle for winter at this point.  Anything.  It's been dirty people in rag running through the forest and tiny towns for ages now. 

I'm fine with Glen surviving. What I need however is for them to start moving towards real civilization. I get it, nomadic savage tribes is fun, but it's time to make some real progress towards a higher form of survival. There is strength in numbers, or stating it differently there is a strength that can only be achieved with greater numbers: Specialization. I feel like Alexandria is about to go the way of the farm and that's a shame. Back to running for their lives in a small group would be sad.

Also, I need something other than green forests. Urban land scape would be ideal but I'd settle for winter at this point. Anything. It's been dirty people in rag running through the forest and tiny towns for ages now.

I agree with pretty much all of this.

Every season has been basically identical. Find civilization, destroy civilization, look for new civilization.

I wish we could get an actual working civilization, that isn't destroyed in one season (or two), and then find some different drama based on that.

Every season has been basically identical. Find civilization, destroy civilization, look for new civilization.

I wish we could get an actual working civilization, that isn't destroyed in one season (or two), and then find some different drama based on that.

Power plant

Yeah I'm sick of Rick's group being little more than a really bad omen.  If they show up, you're group is headed for ruin. Doesn't matter if they like you (farm) or not (cannibals).  If you see Rick, your spot is about to get blown up.

Have the problem be things like personal conflicts, medicine, disease, equipment, electricity, building materials, and alliances with other factions.  All while being tied down to a few locations meaning that they need to scout and intercept any hordes before they over whelm them. 

Plus this could be how they set up the eventual end of the show.  The civilization is up and running and Rick's group ends up being survivors, instead of surviving. 

Yeah I'm sick of Rick's group being little more than a really bad omen.  If they show up, you're group is headed for ruin. Doesn't matter if they like you (farm) or not (cannibals).  If you see Rick, your spot is about to get blown up.

Have the problem be things like personal conflicts, medicine, disease, equipment, electricity, building materials, and alliances with other factions.  All while being tied down to a few locations meaning that they need to scout and intercept any hordes before they over whelm them. 

Plus this could be how they set up the eventual end of the show.  The civilization is up and running and Rick's group ends up being survivors, instead of surviving. 

They could really do World War Z justice and move in that direction with the big battles against massive hordes after the reforming of civilization. I know they won't but the show is going to jump the shark soon if it didn't already with Glenn living.

Archived