Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is the Eagles game a must-win? Why or why not?

ThePreciating

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

At the beginning of the season who thought we even had a small chance at winning this game. It would be a really nice win , but its not a must win. For all of you who think this is a must win I hope your not in for a big let down. I hope win or lose we make a good game of it.

Seriously? Is there any doubt whatsoever?

Philly embarrassed us last year in a way that's seldom been seen and it's time to pay them ****s back!

This is a "statement" game. It's time for the players to rise to the occasion and step up for the fans and for themselves.

It's a conference game, they're always must win.

I hate Philly!

I said it's not a must win because there is a second game later, but this is a home game with home field advantage due to crowd noise. I had the Redskins splitting the division with all the NFCE teams so winning now would take a lot of pressure off the Skins and just might cause an implosion in Philly. Dallas later will be a must win.

Does how we fare in this one particular game affect how you think this season is going to ultimately go down? Also, do you feel like this one particular game will be "THE" game in so far as determining how the whole Mike Shanahan era in DC will play out? I mean, geez, last I checked, the vast majority of Redskins fans are not taken with Rex Grossman as even a medium-term solution at QB.

To me, the answer is no......although of course I'd absolutely love to move to 4-1 and knock Philly down to 1-5.

Very Important win... they are a 1-4 team coming into our house against us at 3-1 and are favored....

Last I checked we were a 1 point fave. But I agree, this is an important game. We win, it sets the tone for the rest of our season - potentially a NFCE title, probably a WC berth - we lose, back to the same old same old...

Not a must win because we would not lose any ground in the standings (except for losing against another divisional opponent). It's a game where the Skins can say to the Eagles: "We don't care if you need to win a game... your not getting it from us."

That would be our 'statement' game.

The problem is what are we defining?

Must = chance to make the playoffs?

Must = chance to turn our our rep?

Must = chance to bury the Eagles' season?

I'm choosing the playoffs. So no, if we lose we will not be assured to miss the playoffs. Therefore it is not a must win. Easy.

Simple question...simple answer.

There has never been more of a must-win game in the past 4 years of Redskins football. For once, we have a team that plays as a team and wins the games that they are supposed to win. Every week up to this point we have gone out and found a way to win--through our defense, our offense, and our special teams. The Eagles are a great divisional foe. It is time to prove not so much to the media or the league, but to ourselves that we are a quality football team capable to big things.

Previous Redskins teams would lose this game by 10 points. It is time to find out what we have. If we want to be more than the mediocre, underperforming crew we have been, we need to win this game!

I believe it's a must-win for the fans. It's selfish, but the fans need this. There's been too many games over the years I believe we all have been excited for, with that sense of hope, only to have it completely destroyed. I'm not exaggerating on the "completely destroyed" part, because as most of you know, we tend to lose these games in almost epic fashion each year.

So, I guess with that being said, as long as I see a close, competitive football game I'll be happy. By competitive I mean that I can walk away from it thinking "We can play with these guys". Win or lose.

I think this game is a must in the fact that a win puts a stamp on the start the 'Skins have gotten off to this season. I believe many, especially in the media and around the NFL, are still not buying into how things have changed for us. Those individuals also have not given up on the Eagles just yet and feel that they will regroup and duplicate the a**-kicking they put on us at FedEx last year. I think a win this Sunday validates that we are for real. I believe we need this win.:logo:

I can't believe anyone has to even think about it. It's a divisional game and therefore an automatic must win. Not to mention taking advantage of home field,... the Eagles in a slump ,... Andy Walrus on the "Hot Seat ".....and a boost for the teams reputation from the ***** slappin last November......all I can say to anyone thinking otherwise is......."AW COME ON MAN'!!!!

Archived