Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is the Eagles game a must-win? Why or why not?

ThePreciating

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Here's the deal. State whether you believe this game is a must-win, then defend your case with 1 or 2 quick points.

I call this game a must win in terms of the franchise, not really in terms of the outcome of this season. This team embarrassed us last year, and frankly we've been a doormat for quite some time. This week, moreso than any other, we can really change perceptions about the Redskins. We don't "have" to win to make the playoffs, but losing this game means that we remain a Cinderella story, not a team on the verge of building a champion. Psychologically for the fans, players, and coaches, this is a must-win.

Not to me.

If we win, it changes perceptions some. (But mostly among uninformed people). It would sure be nice to have. But even if we lose, we're still in contention. (Idiots just won't admit it).

I'd call it IMPORTANT. But not must win.

----------

I think it's must win for the Eagles. It might determine if The Walrus has a job, next year.

Absolutely must win. For our sake, we need to start putting nails in the Beagles coffin. The deeper we can bury them, the harder they will have to climb out. Our next 4 are against the Panthers, Bills, 49ers and Dolphins. We need to create that distance in this division.

:helmet:

Do you want to eliminate a team from the division race this early in the year? Yes! we play them on Jan 2. we win this game and we likely sweep the eagles. Thats what people don't get. This week is another week where the redskins can gain another game on the entire division.

Giants should lose and so will the Cowboys

Do you want to eliminate a team from the division race this early in the year? Yes! we play them on Jan 2. we win this game and we likely sweep the eagles. Thats what people don't get. This week is another week where the redskins can gain another game on the entire division.

Giants should lose and so will the Cowboys

bingo - this is my favorite reason. you never get opportunities to gain a game on the ENTIRE division.

Very Important win... they are a 1-4 team coming into our house against us at 3-1 and are favored.... it makes me want to slap someone. I know odds makers make lines based on money, but damn we have to start getting some respect, in our own friggin stadium?!?

That along with last time we played, this win will mean something, this is more important than the Dallas game in my opinion. Winning on Sunday will cause mayhem in the Eagles locker room that is already starting to show signs of stress, player meetings consultants. We beat them they may go into or continue their tail spin.

Plus the numbers, we stay on top of the division and prove the critics wrong definitively, when some of them said we were a 3-13 team (I know we already pretty much proved them wrong but it's nice to make it official). We need as many wins early on so we don't have to make a run at it late in the season against some tough teams.

I voted this a Must Win.

I believe a must win is relative to the situation a team is in. The Packers/Rams game is not a must win for either team. I don't think the Rams have given up, they are just really bad right now and would take a win over any team. Plus the Packers are not losing to the Rams.

Our situation has reached a point that every game is significant. This is a must win for both us and the Eagles, if we win we go to 4-1. That doesn't mean winning the division or making the playoffs is a lock. What a victory does is give the Redskins more confidence going into the next game, and if we run a string of games together maybe it creates a swagger. A swagger that hasn't been seen since 1991.

Not a must win game in the sense that nothing is irreversibly lost by losing; We could still make playoffs, we could still stomp the Eagles in Philly later in the season however, this is a great opportunity to move further away from our losing ways and a big step towards our next SB Championship. This is a game that we SHOULD win and to be taken seriously by the league, media, and fan base as a playoff contender and SB hopeful, SHOULD win games SHOULD be won.

Right, to me, no. I'm on record as saying this year has little to do with results and more individual and team improvement gearing toward years 3 and 4.

But for this team, no question it's a must win game. Chance to end the 'Dream Team's' (Sic, and NOT in a good way) season; and open up the path to not only the post-season, but a serious divisional chance. One of the biggest games this teams had in years, however people try down play it.

If we won, and Dallas and NY slipped up, this town would be CRAZY with playoff talk Monday.

Hail.

If we win handily, it has the potential to be a landmark game: looking back a year from now, we might be able to point to it and say, "THAT was the game when the Redskins officially ascended to 'NFL Threat' status, AND the game that was the nail in the coffin for Reid's tenure in Philly.

If we lose, I don't think it will really hurt us, as painful as the loss will be. We'll still be 3-2, in the hunt, and on the right path.

It's not a must win. It's a "it'd be nice to win".

I'm just looking for us to be competitive. That's it. As long as we're not getting blown out and flat out embarassing ourselves like we did last season, I'm good, win, lose or draw. Even if we lose, we're still right in the mix to win the NFC East and get some nice conference wins. We've got a favorable match-up versus the Panthers the next week (they can't stop the pass or the run), the Cowboys will probably lose to the Pats. We'll still have a piece of first place when it's all said and done. We're not desperate for a win, nor do we need a "statement" game. What we need to do is just not embarass ourselves.

Must win game are defined by having to win to prevent something, like a catastrophic collapse. We win, and we pretty much put a dagger in the back of the Eagles. We lose, and the Eagles are still last in the NFC East, the Giants and Cowboys don't have favorable match ups, and even if they win, we're still in the mix of things in the East.

Besides, it seems like people say every game is a must win game.

Seriously, since week 1, it's been "Is the Giants game a must win game?", "Do the Redskins have to beat the Cardinals to prove themselves?", "If the Cowboys beat the Redskins, what does that say about the team?", "Do the Redskins have to beat the Rams?". Every game is technically "must win", but I get the sense that the fanbase is biding it's time, waiting for the other shoe to drop.

A must win game is one that can knock you out of playoff contention. This game is not one of those.

Every game is a must win, unless you have your play-off spot locked in. But I agree with the definition above, as far as "in this context" goes.

Not to me.

If we win, it changes perceptions some. (But mostly among uninformed people). It would sure be nice to have. But even if we lose, we're still in contention. (Idiots just won't admit it).

I'd call it IMPORTANT. But not must win.

----------

I think it's must win for the Eagles. It might determine if The Walrus has a job, next year.

If the Walrus gets fired, he may end up sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come.

No. Must win = season over if we lose. Anyone voting yes should also be ready to declare the season finished if we lose.
Oh, don't worry.

I'm quite certain that if we lose, there will be people in Stadium threatening suicide. :)

Devon Tower here I come then. Must win doesn't equal what Kleese says it does. While I don't expect the Redskins to make the Super Bowl or the NFC Championship game people need to embrace what is happening right now. Be in the moment and enjoy this season. It may be a roller coaster and there will be games when you want to punch a hole in your wall, but at least this season is loaded with positive things.

To me I believe this game to be a must win. I agree to a point with others who have stated that a must win game must carry season ending implications. However I think that given certain circumstances, a game can be a must win without necessarily falling into that category, and this game has those circumstances.

This game may not carry season ending implications for us, but it sure as hell does for the Eagles. If we can send that team to 1-5 I don't believe they have the character to pull off winning the 8 or 9 of the last 10 games it would take to make the playoffs. Also missing the playoffs for that team may mean more than we know. I live in the suburbs of Philly and from what I hear Andy Reid is getting major pressure from management to win with all the money they've shelled out recently, especially this year. So missing the playoffs could spell the end of the Andy Reid era, and all that turn over could set them back a few years as they learn new schemes and learn a new coach. I believe that when you have the chance to make an impact on a team like this you have to smell the blood in the water and attack. Not to mention that this win would go a long way to the confidence of our franchise, these are the games that we would lose in years past. So to me this is a must win and I hope our players and coaches take it such.

Every game is a must win, unless you have your play-off spot locked in. But I agree with the definition above, as far as "in this context" goes.

If the Walrus gets fired, he may end up sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come.

goo goo g' joob

Archived