Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This week lets discus how WELL Trent did...

flexxskins

Last week, after we beat the Giants it was suggested by some members here that Trent Williams needed to step it up a bit. Well, I watched yesterdays game again to make sure that dominant was the correct word for what I saw. Dominant is the perfect word for Trent's performance yesterday.

Yesterday Trent did things that reminded me of just how athletic he really is. My favorite example is when Grossman threw his first pick and DB Richard Marshal was returning it for Arizona. Trent ran Marshal down to make the tackle. But what really made the play look even more impressive was the fact that he was running along side of Hightower when he caught Marshal. (The big guy is pretty fast).

On a side note, you gotta love the way Trent shoved Porter during the first quarter skirmish like a insolent little brother.:ols:

But, but, this isn't any fun talking about a player playing well!

Like someone above said, the Cardinals' players that are paid millions and millions of dollars to rush the passer aren't good at doing it! Sure, they're NFL players and EVERYONE is talented, but pffft, they're just a bunch of Boy Scouts.

I'll only be impressed if Trent can block one person with each hand while also going out on a seam route and catching the TD. I mean, dude got beat at one point in his career! Every good linemen is absolutely 100% perfect throughout his career!

But, but, this isn't any fun talking about a player playing well!

Like someone above said, the Cardinals' players that are paid millions and millions of dollars to rush the passer aren't good at doing it! Sure, they're NFL players and EVERYONE is talented, but pffft, they're just a bunch of Boy Scouts.

I'll only be impressed if Trent can block one person with each hand while also going out on a seam route and catching the TD. I mean, dude got beat at one point in his career! Every good linemen is absolutely 100% perfect throughout his career!

I have high expectations for TW. He's playing in a premier position and is being paid like one after being taken 4th overall. He's had 18 games under his belt at this point and definitely has faced tough competition throughout. If he does well in this upcoming stretch, then my concerns will have been obviously proved wrong.

Why discuss this. Everyone already has made up their minds that Trent Williams is not good enough and that he is getting too much because a backup DE had a few good plays against him last week. All of that after on week and now two weeks into the season we want to discuss his abilities. Come on! The guy is doing his job very well and even Chris Samuels had bad games against some of the best pass rushers in the game. If you think you all can do better than go up to Redskins park, get into a Redskins uniform and line up against Trent Williams or try to stop Orakpo or Kerrigan. You may have a better perspective. But then again maybe you just like getting your @$$ kicked.

Jason Pierre Paul is a monster, I am not gonna hold that against Trent, he held up well other then those two sacks. Also i like the way he played yesterday!

Thanks for taking the words out of my mouth. Though he could have faired better last week, but Pierre-Paul is a beast. However, he will be seeing D. Ware again on Monday night who is one of the best at what he does. Lets see what happens there.

The offensive line was the most consistently good part of yesterday's game for us. In fact, yes, calling the entire unit largely dominant is fine. It was the line's ability to handle HEAVY blitz pressure and power open the running game that forced the Cardinals back on their heels. It's true the Cards really only had ONE guy who was an individual matchup issue along the defensive line and that teams with better threats along the line will be harder to control, but, in all, the line responded quite nicely.

Over/under on Demarcus Ware at 1.5 sacks. He's had 3 sacks in 2 games against Trent (and a forced fumble, as a matter of fact). Does the trend continue or does Trent step up?

I think the sacks and turnovers both ways could could well be high next Monday night. This could well be an error riddled game as the weaknesses on both teams get exposed, but a high scoring fun one with it.

Hail.

He did have a good game and hopefully he can be consistent from week to week. I think he is still developing.

He is still developing. And maturing. His post-game comments included "I had to have the Guard tell me what to do on every play last year. But not this year."

He's coming along. I really like his attitude.

---------- Post added September-19th-2011 at 08:41 AM ----------

The offensive line was the most consistently good part of yesterday's game for us. In fact, yes, calling the entire unit largely dominant is fine. It was the line's ability to handle HEAVY blitz pressure and power open the running game that forced the Cardinals back on their heels. It's true the Cards really only had ONE guy who was an individual matchup issue along the defensive line and that teams with better threats along the line will be harder to control, but, in all, the line responded quite nicely.

Agreed. They only gave up 1 sack and produced 170+ yards on the ground. Plus the RBs had some nice blocks to give Grossman time.

It was another learning experience for a line that is trying to come together as a group.

trent williams didn't look that great in the first half of the game from where i was sitting, but sometimes you see a different game from the stands than from the couch. it looked like his man was the one making all the stops. but that's just my opinion, with no advantage of replay (thanks stadium crew. you suck at running the clock and showing replays. two most important things you have to do on game day, and you fail at both)

admittedly in the second half I wasn't paying attention to him specifically, so I have no idea how he did. the running game really picked up so I would assume it was due to him performing well.

like everything else with this team, one week is not a good sample to really rate anyone or the team as a whole. he's about where i would expect a 2nd year left tackle to be. hopefully he stays healthy and continues to improve.

Anytime you don't hear an OL'man's name called is a good thing. He "stepped up" indeed. Now let's see how he does against one of the premier pass rushers in the NFL next week.

yup. Trent got one of my game balls, especially for his hustle downfield on the turnover.

big stage and test for him Monday night.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived