Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I am So Tired of Laron Landry

KingGibbs

I'm comparing them as well as you can compare a wide receiver's level of performance to a tight end's level of performance. It's not judging the same stats or anything; it's judging the level of performance of the player.

Sean's 2007 season was a 10 on a scale to 9. Landry's 2010 season was a 9 on a scale to 10. They went out at the same time at the same place in terms of their respective seasons. I think that it's fair to put Landry's performance in 2010 as an elite season, as Sean was having a career year until he injured his knee.

To me LL isnnot now nor will he ever be in ST's league. ST brought out a fear in opposing players the like I had not seen since Lott. That and his ability to cover a Randy Moss separate him from most anyone I have ever watched. Damn now I'm depressed again. :(

but the question is, are you so concerned that he makes you sick and you want him on the next plane out of DC?

I don't even think the TS really wants him gone. But, this idea that he's infallible is ridiculous. He's a beast. But he needs to control himself, and unlike GW, Haslett seems to be doing it. Still won't call him ST, but he's way beyond serviceable WITHOUT the stupid penalties. His skill is useless if he continues to make stupid penalties. And with the new rules, he has an opportunity to do more damage to the team than he does benefit.

He did have that kind of impact last season. How soon we forget I suppose.
No doubt they are a class above him, but he was in serious contention for DPOY - that says something. Elite is one of those amorphous designations like saying a player is "clutch", I get what you are saying though.

I didn't trash the guy and being in serious contention for DPOY doesn't make one elite unless he does it consistently. I'm not part of the group that wouldn't mind seeing him gone, that is what I thought of LaVar Arrington.

This isn't just about his injury. This is something I've felt for some time now. He's over-rated in my eyes and please don't put him in the same category as 'Rak or Fletcher for that matter.

I agree with you to a point. I don't think he has reached his potential and that is sad to me. He looked fantastic until we moved him to FS. Once we moved him back he looks fantastic but got injured. I'm sure the most frustrated with this situation would be LL himself (If he is not upset about not playing at the level we all know he can for 16+ games, let him go i don't want players that don't leave it all on the field on Sundays). We have all seen LL leave it ALL on the field on Sundays. Here's to hoping he achieves his potential, while playing for the Redskins would be even better.

I cannot begin to understand why there is a need to trash Landry because he is hurt. Ed Reed and Polamalu have both missed significant time due to injury. Not comparing those guys with Landry because he has not done enough yet. Using those guys as examples, that injuries do happen to great players as well (do not get me started with Bob Sanders). Be patient with Landry and his injury.

When Landry was on the field last year there was no question he was the best defensive player on the field. Love London Fletcher, but the games last year, it was Landry who was making impact plays all over the field. When Landry suits up this year he will be the Skin's best defensive player. Cannot wait for him to prove it to the prognosticators.

Sad that he is hurt and not able to play, but there is no need in kicking the guy while he is down. He and Orakpo are the best players on the Redskins defense.

no they are not, Rak and Fletcher are the best on that Def, with OJ being the 3rd........LL30 isnt very good. He hasn't covered a damn receiver yet in his career....He just cant cover.

no they are not, Rak and Fletcher are the best on that Def, with OJ being the 3rd........LL30 isnt very good. He hasn't covered a damn receiver yet in his career....He just cant cover.

You Cowboy fans would know about safeties who can't cover, given your secondary.

Landry is a very good player, at what he is asked to do. He was on his way to a huge year last year (with many analysts at the time saying he was the 3rd best safety in the league behind Reed and Polamolu (sp) ) before he was injured.

No he is not the best cover safety in the NFL (which is why he is better at SS rather than FS), but he is better than he shows. He doesn't always show well because he too often goes for the home-run hit rather than just wrapping the player up.

If he would just start doing basic tackling, Landry would be much better in the open field.

You Cowboy fans would know about safeties who can't cover, given your secondary.

Landry is a very good player, at what he is asked to do. He was on his way to a huge year last year (with many analysts at the time saying he was the 3rd best safety in the league behind Reed and Polamolu (sp) ) before he was injured.

No he is not the best cover safety in the NFL (which is why he is better at SS rather than FS), but he is better than he shows. He doesn't always show well because he too often goes for the home-run hit rather than just wrapping the player up.

If he would just start doing basic tackling, Landry would be much better in the open field.

regardless of the team i root for, I watch this game as much if not more then most people, and i know this, LL30 cant cover...period. You can talk all about his hard tackles after 7 yard gains and his statue poses that he does after such hit, but that will not erase the fact that the man cant cover!

Jason Campbell was being talked about as a possible MVP candidate during the first half of the 2008 season, does that mean that he's an elite Quarterback? Uh HAHA.

Um, that is 100% false. Portis was. I can show articles that state it. Do you know of any that say Campbell was?

I'm not really on either side of this with Landry. However, it makes me sad :( that so many people get so ridiculously angry with others for voicing their opinions. We're on a discussion forum, people! yeesh!

I think there is evidence to support both sides of this argument... It's not as black and white as many here make it seem, but that's a general theme around these parts.

(This public service announcement wasn't aimed at those that are respectfully debating, but rather those who feel it necessary to use insults as a means to their end game argument. Thank you, have a pleasant day)

\

Your so full of crap. LL was asked after Taylor passed to play FS when he is a SS, but he still covered better than say oh, ROY WILLIAMS. He had a great year last year, why? He was put in the proper position to do so. And yeah I missed Fletcher, which I acknowledged already.

I'm not really on either side of this with Landry. However, it makes me sad :( that so many people get so ridiculously angry with others for voicing their opinions. We're on a discussion forum, people! yeesh!

I think there is evidence to support both sides of this argument... It's not as black and white as many here make it seem, but that's a general theme around these parts.

(This public service announcement wasn't aimed at those that are respectfully debating, but rather those who feel it necessary to use insults as a means to their end game argument. Thank you, have a pleasant day)

Nicely stated dawg. As you may well know, I have no problem voicing my opinion and certainly don't give a damn if some get angry over those opinions. Quite a few boys on this forum still waiting to be men.

I wouldnt say he would be easy to replace but I will admit he is one of the few distractions in the Redskins organization, who has been front and center so far this season. (and we were doing so well...) Man... how I miss players like Chris Hanburger, Monte Coleman and Ken Houston who were men of few words. MEN who let their play do most of the talking. What concerns me about this trend is... twitter has the potential to destroy the team concept if some controls or standards aren't put in place at some point by the league. As of right now... every clown with internet access has the opportunity to become a distraction while embarassing themselves and their respective organizations in the process, thanks to twitter. The harsh reality is... I think most fans could care less whats on these guys minds moment to moment or even day to day. Dirty Thirty needs to focus on taking ownership of his health situation and learn to shut the effe up... if you ask me. Its a disgraceful situation, considering distractions had been little to none prior to his Cyber-Outburst.

I know I am going to get blasted for this, but as most of you know, I don't give a damn.;)

I am tired of Landry. This guy has been so overrated by 'skins fans. Yeah, the "potential" is there for him to be a top safety, but the guy for one reason or the other can't and might not ever meet that "potential."

Now I know he's made some spectacular plays here and there, but he's also a bonehead whether it be going for the highlight tackle and whiffing, getting beat in coverage, costly penalties, over-pursuing plays because of going for the aforementioned highlight tackle and finally injuries.

Former great Redskins defensive coordinaot Richie Petitbon recently said in an interview that he doesn't care how good a player may be, but if he's injured a lot he doen't want them on his defense. (Paraphrasing of course)

Again, I know he's made the occasional play that makes you say "Wow!" but he is not consistent enough IMO to warrant the praise he gets from 'skins fans and he certainly isn't on the field to warrant that praise either.

Laron Landry-More hype (and muscles) than substance.

I somewhat agree, he seems to be a headcase and actually I wonder what his development would be had Sean not been killed, I think his best season was his rookie year with him and Sean back there. Area 51 would be probably the best safety tandem the NFL has known, but it wasn't meant to be. Laron being a headcase and him being trucked by Jacobs only made him worse. It's clear he's juicing, anyone that doesn't believe that is a simpleton. I actually think we would be better off with OJ and Gnomes starting. Let Laron go he won't ever be what he could have been and that is all his doing.

Um... no dude. Landry is a better SS than Orakpo is an OLB.

London is the best player on the defense. He's the best player on the team. Followed by Landry.

But Landry could pass him this season if he gets healthy.

And Landry's coverage skills are fine.

Archived