Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I am So Tired of Laron Landry

KingGibbs

I think it's stupid for fans to blame players for getting injured period.

I don't. Sometimes, it's a lack of work ethic that got them injured. But, that's not the case with Landry.

But to say that Landry and Kelly are in the same boat isn't accurate.

It's a good thing I didn't say that then, isn't it?

Regarding the training staff, Landry isn't the type to shoot his mouth off. If he's voicing frustration then something is probably wrong.

Or it's not and he's being dramatic. Could be either way. Neither of us know.

2007 - 16 GP

2008 - 16 GP

2009 - 15 GP

2010 - 9 GP

I realize that achilles and hamstring injuries are serious, but it's a little too early to be throwing the "Mr. Glass" title at him. Like others have said, I could maybe understand a thread like this last year around this time, but once LL gets healthy (and I hope he doesn't try to go before he is) I fully expect him to go back to the Dirty 30 we saw early last season.

ok so who else on the team is an upgrade/better? what free agent out there is better? none. Comparing him to Ed Reed is silly..he's not a free safety. In this system, in this role, he can be a game changer. Overrated by skins fans? perhaps..that's what being a fan is to a degree. He is a very good, not yet great SS. and this Notion of Pettibone's quote about oft injured...has he really been injured that often? think about it.

No doubt they are a class above him, but he was in serious contention for DPOY - that says something. Elite is one of those amorphous designations like saying a player is "clutch", I get what you are saying though.

umm "elite" is a pretty definable term. You become "elite" by accruing stats and accolades that place you above everyone else.

He had a decent season going last year, but he is a reckless player. With the new "inability to defend themselves" rule, I expect to see him accrue a lot of penalty yards this season.

And to those that compared LL to ST, please don't kid yourself. LL is a physical specimen, but he's not the athlete Taylor was. ST was a freak in his ability on the field, not in biceps dimensions.

He had a decent season going last year, but he is a reckless player. With the new "inability to defend themselves" rule, I expect to see him accrue a lot of penalty yards this season.

And to those that compared LL to ST, please don't kid yourself. LL is a physical specimen, but he's not the athlete Taylor was. ST was a freak in his ability on the field, not in biceps dimensions.

"Decent season"? Man. You people would be complaining about only winning $20MM in the Powerball, wouldn't you? :doh:

"Decent season"? Man. You people would be complaining about only winning $20MM in the Powerball, wouldn't you? :doh:

Decent = Good in my book, but he didn't finish (obviously not his fault). At the end of the day, all things considered, did he have a GREAT season? I still would rather have him than not have him, but he's not the GOD people on this board make him out to be. He will see a couple pro-bowls though, so don't think for one second I consider him a poor Safety, and am not happy he's on our team.

The comparisons to Sean Taylor the player are not fair, however the comparisons to how people are viewing Laron right now are, it was the same with Taylor at one point. The dumb thing is LL did have a really good growth season last year that we had all hoped. The sad part of this is he can't continue that right now and shut these doubters up.

The comparisons to Sean Taylor the player are not fair, however the comparisons to how people are viewing Laron right now are, it was the same with Taylor at one point. The dumb thing is LL did have a really good growth season last year that we had all hoped. The sad part of this is he can't continue that right now and shut these doubters up.

Good point. I've actually been discussing that with ppl. ST's biggest hitch was coverage and late hits which happen to be the same thing that LL gets knocked for. If he comes back this season and plays DISCIPLINED defense, then we'll all be happy. I still worry about the pussification of the NFL though, and the 15 yarders he might garner trying to lay the big hit.

Decent = Good in my book, but he didn't finish (obviously not his fault). At the end of the day, all things considered, did he have a GREAT season? I still would rather have him than not have him, but he's not the GOD people on this board make him out to be. He will see a couple pro-bowls though, so don't think for one second I consider him a poor Safety, and am not happy he's on our team.

Okay, thank you for elaborating. I shouldn't have lumped you in with the rest, so I apologize for my reaction.

I consider the games that he did play to be elite. He was insane out there.

If you look at Sean's career, he was having a Pro Bowl year and then went out during the ninth game (at home against the Eagles, no less). He missed the same number of games as Landry did and was having, as a free safety, a season just a notch or two above Landry. Remember, I'm the biggest Sean Taylor fan on here, but if you take the tragedy out of it, their level of performance is comparable. It's important to note that Sean Taylor had LaRon Landry in the box while he was in the angel, and LaRon Landry had, um, Kareem Moore? Reed Doughty? in the free position. You have to take that into account.

---------- Post added September-8th-2011 at 09:56 PM ----------

Bob Sanders.

Damaged goods. Learn from holding onto Portis too long? Or become a team that can actually compete?

Who else is sick of being the Washington Generals?

Seriously!

Ladell Betts for strong safety!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you look at Sean's career, he was having a Pro Bowl year and then went out during the ninth game (at home against the Eagles, no less). He missed the same number of games as Landry did and was having, as a free safety, a season just a notch or two above Landry. Remember, I'm the biggest Sean Taylor fan on here, but if you take the tragedy out of it, their level of performance is comparable. It's important to note that Sean Taylor had LaRon Landry in the box while he was in the angel, and LaRon Landry had, um, Kareem Moore? Reed Doughty? in the free position. You have to take that into account.

It is still never fair to compare players when coaches and those players along side of them are completely different. I just hope LL can build on his growth from last year. For fans to say that LL is no one of the best players on Defense is just someone who has no idea or has an agenda.

It is still never fair to compare players when coaches and those players along side of them are completely different. I just hope LL can build on his growth from last year. For fans to say that LL is no one of the best players on Defense is just someone who has no idea or has an agenda.

I'm comparing them as well as you can compare a wide receiver's level of performance to a tight end's level of performance. It's not judging the same stats or anything; it's judging the level of performance of the player.

Sean's 2007 season was a 10 on a scale to 9. Landry's 2010 season was a 9 on a scale to 10. They went out at the same time at the same place in terms of their respective seasons. I think that it's fair to put Landry's performance in 2010 as an elite season, as Sean was having a career year until he injured his knee.

Bob Sanders.

Damaged goods. Learn from holding onto Portis too long? Or become a team that can actually compete?

YEAH! Let's get rid of everyone who gets injured a couple times! THAT'S A GREAT WAY TO BUILD A FOOTBALL TEAM TO COMPETE!

I wonder if the OP was a Colts fan, would he be calling for Manning to be released?

Heaven forbid a player who plays as physical as Landry misses some games. It happens!

I too recall many people on these boards piling on ST at one point. Now that is taboo.

Lets not forget we asked LL to fill in for ST after the tragedy. OUT OF HIS POSITION!

Did the Ravens ask LL's brother to replace Ed Reed when hurt? He can't!

Cut a guy some slack.

Rally around the team, and stay positive. If you cant then keep on being "medium".

I wonder if the OP was a Colts fan, would he be calling for Manning to be released?

Heaven forbid a player who plays as physical as Landry misses some games. It happens!

I too recall many people on these boards piling on ST at one point. Now that is taboo.

Lets not forget we asked LL to fill in for ST after the tragedy. OUT OF HIS POSITION!

Did the Ravens ask LL's brother to replace Ed Reed when hurt? He can't!

Cut a guy some slack.

Rally around the team, and stay positive. If you cant then keep on being "medium".

Well, I'll be your Huckleberry. The knocks on ST were well deserved, as they are on LL. Stupid penalties require admonishment. At 23 though, ST was an alternate for Pro Bowl. 2007 season he got it obviously, though couldn't play (RIP). Is LL on par for that? Maybe. But the criticisms of his reckless play are deserved, as they were for ST. I still don't think LL has the ability of ST, but there is fair room for argument. I hope he is, but I still have concerns.

Well, I'll be your Huckleberry. The knocks on ST were well deserved, as they are on LL. Stupid penalties require admonishment. At 23 though, ST was an alternate for Pro Bowl. 2007 season he got it obviously, though couldn't play (RIP). Is LL on par for that? Maybe. But the criticisms of his reckless play are deserved, as they were for ST. I still don't think LL has the ability of ST, but there is fair room for argument. I hope he is, but I still have concerns.

but the question is, are you so concerned that he makes you sick and you want him on the next plane out of DC?

Bob Sanders.

Again, that's a little overboard don't you think? LL has missed 8 games since 2007 with 7 of those from last year. Sanders has missed 40 since 2007. So over the last 4 years Bob has missed an average of 10 games a season, while LL has missed an average of 2. Like I said earlier, I understand that achilles and hamstring injuries are serious, but I think its a little early to call him "damaged goods"

Archived