Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I am So Tired of Laron Landry

KingGibbs

He had the physical talent. Whether that remains in the wake of his more recent health issues has yet to fully be seen. The mental talent was always questionable, though, even when he was at his best.

He might yet become productive again but he'll likely never be what we hoped he would be when he was drafted.

I think that he still has it, as he showed it last year until he hurt his achilles again after being a dumbass again.

His upstairs talent seemed to be more instinctive than anything else, and that's fine with me. He just can't get on the field.

What REALLY bothered me was Twitter this morning. He's been re-tweeting anyone and everyone who says **** about us being stupid for letting him go. Yeah, immature, whatever. One of them, though, was about him stepping in for Sean, and that was just pathetic. It's one thing for a fan to say that, but for you to retweet it? Have some respect, man. Steroids must not be in his regiment if he still has the balls to do something that ridiculous.

There is a reason his deal with the Jets was so weak. It is the typical "Prove it" contract because no team trusts him as a long term answer at the position right now. He is injury prone, has played only 15 games over the last two seasons, then refused to get the necessary surgery to properly fix the problem.

Landy's performance hasn't matched his physical specimen since when, maybe his rookie year? Ever since then he has been average to above average.

I think that he still has it, as he showed it last year until he hurt his achilles again after being a dumbass again.

His upstairs talent seemed to be more instinctive than anything else, and that's fine with me. He just can't get on the field.

What REALLY bothered me was Twitter this morning. He's been re-tweeting anyone and everyone who says **** about us being stupid for letting him go. Yeah, immature, whatever. One of them, though, was about him stepping in for Sean, and that was just pathetic. It's one thing for a fan to say that, but for you to retweet it? Have some respect, man. Steroids must not be in his regiment if he still has the balls to do something that ridiculous.

Wow...I missed that. That's just ****ing pathetic.

I saw the re-tweets too. Dan Steinberg of the WaPo had a short bog on it too.

Laron has probably burned his last bridge back to DC. He could have left like a gentleman (AKA Andre Carter) but no, his immaturity and roided out brain chose another path.

Good riddance.

I lost Respect for Laron in 2010....... does anybody remember the opening play from scrimmage on MNF against the eagles, and thats AFTER desean and him were talking smack before the game.

We all remember and don't need reminders of that fiasco. As much as I dislike Desean Jackson that confrontation was 100% on Landry starting it by laughing at DJ's concussion he got 2 weeks prior to that Monday night game....what a dumb ass

He reminds me of Lavar...all the physical talent in the world, just didn't have a head for the game. Both showed flashes of immense talent with the Skins then left injured and blaming the organization.

I've read all the twitter stuff you're talking about from the washington post and I don't see how anyone is so upset about it. From everything I've seen and read he liked being here. About the only thing I ever remember him complaining about was the medical staff because he was frustrated for not being on the field. The stuff on twitter - who cares if he retweets it or whatever. All that says to me is that he is upset they didn't offer him that kind of deal because he would have liked to have stayed and he's out to prove they should have re-signed him. Good for him, I wish him luck.

As for the Sean Taylor tweet specifically, Sean Taylor was my favorite player. Ever. I was just old enough to really understand and appreciate the team and he came along. I don't take it as disrespect toward Sean, from what I understand they were pretty close and Sean had taken him under his wing. When Sean passed just about everyone in the organization recognized Laron could not fill his shoes but had to in some capacity because we needed him to. You don't replace a Sean Taylor. He truly was something special.

Archived