Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rotoworld.com: Landry Inactive for this Sunday

kubstix

I hate to keep post whoring but...

While Landry is JACKED, he isnt any bigger then most NFL linebackers, and he's smaller then the premier DE's in the game.(Yes I know he plays safety)

Can we please stop the Bob Sanders comparison, Sanders has ended about 5 season on IR to Landry's 1. Bob Sanders is also incredibly undersized and plays with RECKLESS abandon.

Landry's injury issue right now are just from him over compensating for his achilles and straining his hammy on his other leg, not steriod abuse. When you have a thoroughbred like Landry he needs to 100% before he's unleashed.

Yea, well, I'll be happy when Landry is no longer a Redskin.

That type of attitude, frustratedor not, blaming others etc. LOSER.

I'LL BE HAPPY WHEN HE'S GONE, ONE OF THE LAST CANCERS LEFTOVER FROM PREVIOUS 5 OR SO YEARS

I'll be happy when he is back on the field, and an extended contract would make even happier.

I hate to keep post whoring but...

While Landry is JACKED, he isnt any bigger then most NFL linebackers, and he's smaller then the premier DE's in the game.(Yes I know he plays safety)

Can we please stop the Bob Sanders comparison, Sanders has ended about 5 season on IR to Landry's 1. Bob Sanders is also incredibly undersized and plays with RECKLESS abandon.

Landry's injury issue right now are just from him over compensating for his achilles and straining his hammy on his other leg, not steriod abuse. When you have a thoroughbred like Landry he needs to 100% before he's unleashed.

The whole reason Landry's physique get talked about so much is because you even have to compare him to LB's and DE's in your post. That's crazy.

Not a Reed Doughty lover, but are you ready to be flamed by, I don't know, anyone who's a decent person? You are incredibly ignorant.

****ing idiot.

Why am I ignorant because I mention him being deaf? having a special needs child, or that I simply stated truth, you do know the truth hurts. Sorry many people on here think that Reed Doughty is such a premier safety! Ever thought that PERHAPS with his hearing issues and the crowd noise maybe he simply can't hear correct calls or audibles? Maybe that is why is consistently get's burned on coverage. Sorry to offend all the politically correct people that can't deal with truth!

At a point, building muscle mass negatively impacts your athletic ability. He may have passed that point.

True. But in this case,I think it's more of Landry's frequency of training then it is the training he's doing,(though that helps to). If what we read is true,this guy trains worse than we did back in the 70's and 80's. And that was horrible.

I guess you missed the "unathletic" part when I was describing cliche terms about certain white players, I'm not lumping every white player in that category like your trying to ensue. Read the rest of my intial post and I state that those same cliches aren't the first adjectives used for the good (non-QB) white players like Brian Urlacher, Aaron Smith, Jarret Johnson, or Peyton Hillis. They are simply very good players.

The "unathletic" part simply underscores my point even further. Because you didn't say this:

"You ever notice that people only use those "hard worker" stereotypes for unatheltic players right?"

You said "unathletic white players"...insinuating that those types of phrases are NOT used on "unathletic black players" or black players who aren't stars. Why else would you even include Doughty's race in the dicussion?

You also claimed this:

"And yes, white athletes that aren't stars are ALWAYS described as "gutty, smart, all hustle..."...

Again...you didn't say "And yes, athletes that aren't stars are ALWAYS described as 'gutty, smart, all hustle..."...you said that "white athletes that aren't stars" are described that way.

I said that those same phrases are used just as much for black athletes that aren't stars, so them being white is irrelevant. In response, you told me to "do some research". What you did NOT tell me, is that you agreed with me about those cliches being used on both black and white players who are not stars.

You've been given numerous opportunities by me to claim that they are used on "unathletic black players" just like they are used on "unathletic white players", which of course is my point...yet failed to do so each and every time.

Everything you've posted points to you believing that these types of cliched phrases are "only" used on white players. Whether they are used on ALL white players or only the white players who are not "stars" is irrelevant.

Why am I ignorant because I mention him being deaf? having a special needs child, or that I simply stated truth, you do know the truth hurts. Sorry many people on here think that Reed Doughty is such a premier safety! Ever thought that PERHAPS with his hearing issues and the crowd noise maybe he simply can't hear correct calls or audibles? Maybe that is why is consistently get's burned on coverage. Sorry to offend all the politically correct people that can't deal with truth!

I know Reed's story. I'm also not a fan. I think he's mediocre, which is about what you expect from a special teams ace and backup.

The fact that I need to explain to you what was wrong with your post, is why you are ignorant.

Guys.. i think some of you are having flashbacks from last year when we lost both our starting safeties.

Reed is a solid back up at SS. He's a good run stopper, a good blitzer and a great tackler.

Last year though.. when we lost Landry, Kareem and Horton all to injury... we were forced to put Reed in at FS and had to experiment with Barnes at SS.

Reed was doing his best at FS.. but coverage is not his thing and he doesn't have great range.. he's much more solid at SS.

I wouldn't be too concerned.

I know Reed's story. I'm also not a fan. I think he's mediocre, which is about what you expect from a special teams ace and backup.

The fact that I need to explain to you what was wrong with your post, is why you are ignorant.

I am sorry I am married to a Giant Fan and she is really giving me @#$%$ about how we always lose to the Giants and I think Reed is a liability and I let my anger get the best of me. Won't happen again. I just want us to DESTROY them!!!!!!

You could just as easily post a picture of Landry getting burned by Desean Jackson last year. Or a top corner or safety getting posted up on by Andre Johnson. It is not an uncommon thing.

The Andre Johnson play came at a slightly more important time of the game.

Archived