Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rotoworld.com: Landry Inactive for this Sunday

kubstix

A "person close to the situation" has told the Washington Post that Redskins SS LaRon Landry (Achilles, hamstring) will be inactive for Sunday's opener.

Landry also appeared to blame his slow recovery on team doctors in a Tuesday tweet. "Uuhhh oo it ain’t my fault...blame the genius circus staff for the rush. Wouldve been there 2wks ago. Im (sorry) but saga (continues)." The message has since been deleted. HC Mike Shanahan said on Monday that a decision on Landry's status would not be reached until "just before game time," but all signs are pointing toward him being inactive.

This is a huge blow for our Defense Sunday. I'm sad right now. Our drop off to backup SS is pretty significant. I have faith in Doughty, but he is no Landry.

Greeeaaatttt, another week of dealing with Doughty and his no coverage and no tackling! :puke:

I think Doughty will start @ SS (playing close to the line). Atogwe is ready to go @ FS. This makes me feel a little bit better than early on last season when Doughty played FS.

I do not understand the man crush everyone around here has on this guy. He couldn't start for any other team at SS in the league.

That's why he's a backup for us. Him getting beat on a jump ball against Andre Johnson isn't the most damning thing in the world either.

I think Doughty will start @ SS (playing close to the line). Atogwe is ready to go @ FS. This makes me feel a little bit better than early on last season when Doughty played FS.

I agree the closer to the line the better. Maybe let him cover the TE but he cant cover the field. Would much rather have us play another LB or CB in the right situation.

Otogwe is a step up for pass defense overall, if he's healthy; I'd prefer Eli tries to pass than the Giants try to run, Boss and Smith aren't there for him anymore, while the running game still has Bradshaw and Jacobs. On the plus side Jacobs is 29 years old, which is about the limit for a productive RB career.

Archived