Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rotoworld.com: Landry Inactive for this Sunday

kubstix

You've never heard anyone comment on Urlacher's work ethic? Or Manning's? Those would seem to be "white athletes that are actually good". You realize that a strong work ethic and a high motor are valued traits of ANY player, right? Including black players? Markus White isn't a very good player yet, but he's praised constantly for his incredible motor and non-stop effort on the field...guess what. He isn't a "non-athletic white guy".

You're proving more and more how ignorant and narrow-minded you are. And its depressing that we have to even have this conversation. It just saddens me that some still see the world this way.

Dude the "white players who are actually good" comment was just me saying Reed isn't good, not that i think white people suck at football. Those "hard worker" terms are always thrown out for the white sports player, i was simply stating that it was a stereotype.

I'm glad that it was his Hamstring that acted up and not his Achilles. That is at least a little positve.

And to the person that called LaRon "Malcom Landry" , apparently you have very little football knowledge,

---------- Post added September-7th-2011 at 11:27 AM ----------

Am I the only one that would like Reed to split his snaps with Gomes?

I'm glad that it was his Hamstring that acted up and not his Achilles. That is at least a little positve.

And to the person that called LaRon "Malcom Landry" , apparently you have very little football knowledge,

---------- Post added September-7th-2011 at 11:27 AM ----------

I'm I the only one that would like Reed to split his snaps with Gomes?

That was me. Apparently you lack the experience to properly gauge a comment made in jest, but I will give you the benefit of the doubt given your extensive time on this earth, as the authority in assessing degrees of football knowledge.

I wonder if we can find a pic of the 4 TD's Reed gave up against the Cowboys in 2007... Two can play this game.

Or how about that game against the Saints when Doughty got abused on the same double move repeatedly and Brees threw for a gazillion yards??...Oh wait, that was Landry.

No tackling? Doughty is a very sure tackler. His coverage is suspect, but come on, give him a little credit.

Yeah sometimes he comes in and makes tackles, but he is nothing spectacular. Anyone can do waht he does, he really offers nothing positive, and his coverage is absolutely terrible.

Yeah sometimes he comes in and makes tackles, but he is nothing spectacular. Anyone can do waht he does, he really offers nothing positive, and his coverage is absolutely terrible.

Maybe he should flex after every tackle...that would make them spectacular.

Daughty is one of those players that can come into the game and play decently on a select few plays during the course of a game, but if he is starting, it is only a matter of time before he gets abused.

For one, he is incredibly undersized, even if his coverage is decent he can't defend a pass. WRs will always win the "battle for the ball" against him.

Secondly, although he seems to understand the scheme pretty well, he is often late to the spots he needs to be in. I can't even remember how many times I have seen a WR make a catch downfield, and then right on cue 5 seconds later here comes Daughty running in to make a tackle. Where the hell was he?

Lastly, the dude is not very physical. In the preseason against the Ravens, go re-watch Ray Rice's TD run....Ray Rice met Reed Daughter at the line of scrimmage and basically wiped him away like a dirty Kleenex. It was embarrassing. If Landry had been in there instead, Ray Rice either would have been stopped for no gain, or at least slowed up enough by the contact that he gets stopped for a minimal game.

I am not going to go as far as to say Landry being out will be the reason we may lose Sunday, but for those that think not having Landry in there is not a big deal. You are really kidding yourselves. If Kareem Moore healthy I'd feel a little better because then at least he would be rotating more with Daughty, but as it stands I believe Moore is not playing either.

Here's hoping someone on the depth chart is a diamond in the rough.

I have a feeling this could be more due to his tweet than his physical status. Shanahan sending a message: nobody is above the team and dissenters will not be tolerated no matter what your name is.

Insanity.

Shanahan runs a tight ship, no doubt, but sitting a stud with no history of insubordination vs a division rival for a tweet where he's frustrated over his injury? No way. He was out of line, but not THAT far out that it would justify sitting him. Until it becomes a serious problem (See: Al, Fat) these things are handled behind closed doors with verbal abuse, extra laps, the occasional code red, etc.

Lastly, the dude is not very physical. In the preseason against the Ravens, go re-watch Ray Rice's TD run....Ray Rice met Reed Daughter at the line of scrimmage and basically wiped him away like a dirty Kleenex. It was embarrassing. If Landry had been in there instead, Ray Rice either would have been stopped for no gain, or at least slowed up enough by the contact that he gets stopped for a minimal game.

Reed Daughter, new nickname

I would have no problem just putting Landry on ice for the first 4 weeks, because I totally get the vibe that he just simply needs more time. I think with those specific injuries he's recovering from, if they try to play him before he's 100%, he won't be off much use and might even get setback for the long term. But they'll do this dance every week about will he or won't he play.

I would have no problem just putting Landry on ice for the first 4 weeks, because I totally get the vibe that he just simply needs more time. I think with those specific injuries he's recovering from, if they try to play him before he's 100%, he won't be off much use and might even get setback for the long term. But they'll do this dance every week about will he or won't he play.

I agree. If he's not ready to go now, shortly after reaggravating the injury, how is he going to be ready in 11 days for Arizona?

Archived