Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rotoworld.com: Landry Inactive for this Sunday

kubstix

Twitter has exposed where a lot people are really coming from but its the worst thing that ever happened to professional sports. Its hilarious to sit back and observe how many educated people allow their emotions to over rule their better judgement as fast as it takes to press the enter button. These guys kill me. They rush back more often than not moreso to prove how tough they are to their teammates but when they have setbacks, its so easy to blame the training staff and the team doctor. Come on Dirty Thirty... You need to man up on this one. Not to mention the fact that dude is a millionaire... He could have financed physical therapy for his achilles out of his own pocket if necessary during the lockout but for whatever reason he chose not to do that and just rested it. And did he get a 2nd opinion at some point? Laron needs to realize he's a grown man. Someone needs to tell him he has a right to dictate what happens to his body where his long term health is concerned. These guys need to grow up and be accountable for their responsibilities to themselves and stop making other people scapegoats for their actions or lack there of.

I'll be very disappointed if Landry is unable to take the field on Sunday. Blaming anyone or pointing the finger is not going to get him on the field any faster if his body just isn't ready for it. What can be done is to make sure the injury staff and the players are on the same page in the future, so there are no surprises. Landry gives us a better chance to win the game over any safety we currently have, but our D hasn't even been an "automatic" defense no matter what pro players we have. If we play lights out like I know we SHOULD, then it shouldn't matter who is back in the secondary. Just wrap up and do your job, they shouldn't have to do anything freakish or special to win us the game. At least for week 1.

Get well soon Landry, I would sit this one out if he's not 100%. I just hope this isn't a setback with him wanting to get a new deal here

Honestly, I would rather see DeJon Gomes get the nod instead of Doughty, he has decent speed, and at 6'4 215 a solid tackler. That would make me feel MUCH better, otherwise, prepare for Jacobs and Bradshaw to run it down our throats, much like they've done for the past 2 years....

Honestly' date=' I would rather see DeJon Gomes get the nod instead of Doughty, he has decent speed, and at 6'4 215 a solid tackler. That would make me feel MUCH better, otherwise, prepare for Jacobs and Bradshaw to run it down our throats, much like they've done for the past 2 years....[/quote']

sheesh, 6'4"? PLAY HIM

Same here. i would prefer he comes in around mid-season @ 100% than force him out there now @ 50% and has this lingering injury for the rest of his career (see Bob Sanders). I'm like you, I don't know why folks are surprised by this.
First of all I'm praying that it's just you exagerating a bit when you said "now @ 50%."

Anyway, some of us are a little surprised, shocked and disappointed after having read encouraging articles like this one just a couple days ago. http://bleacherreport.com/tb/bb47Q

Son of a *****. Going from Landry to Doughty is like ... going from a gorilla on steroids to an animal cracker.
:ols:That was funny as hell.

Once again a Landry injury report thread become a Doughty hate thread. Awesome guys and gals! :thumbsup:

The season hasn't even started yet and our fans can't even back the team(players) that will be taking the field that day? Where am I? Philly!!?!

Whoa Whoa Whoa...Hold on.

That Post article says that the "setback" was noticed on an MRI.

That doesn't sound good' date=' does it?[/quote']

Probably not as bad as it sounds. Landry himself didnt feel or notice. The medical staff had to show him after the MRI was done so it couldnt really be that bad if he didnt even feel pain, discomfort, etc.

You are nuts Doughty sucks and I don't know how he makes the team every year.

Sideshow24 isn't nuts. He's spot on. Doughty is good in run support with his tackling. His coverage skills is where lies his weakness, which is why he isn't a starter and a great special teams player.

I do not understand the man crush everyone around here has on this guy. He couldn't start for any other team at SS in the league.

He doesnt start on this one either. And he could be depth on most of the teams in the NFL. Is he flashy? No. is he great in coverage? No. Is he a good tackler? Yes. That is why he plays SS and not FS and is DEPTH, not a starter.

For all the people complaining about Reed's tackling....how quickly you all forget the multiple bad angles and whiffed knockout hits that Landry lays for every big time hit he has. It's probably around 5 whiffs for every 1 big hit, although he was better last year before he got hurt. Reed is not a starting safety for sure, but he is a solid backup at the SS position and playing Sunday is just that, him being a backup.

Yeah I don't understand the hatred toward Reed. Landry is out, we need to get over it. He is a Redskins, I will stand by him and hope he plays the game of his life. He is above average in tackling and below in coverage which is good enough from SS. The Giants WR core is not what it used to be and Manning throws erratic. Stop drinking the haterade and board the Doughty express.

For all the people complaining about Reed's tackling....how quickly you all forget the multiple bad angles and whiffed knockout hits that Landry lays for every big time hit he has. It's probably around 5 whiffs for every 1 big hit, although he was better last year before he got hurt. Reed is not a starting safety for sure, but he is a solid backup at the SS position and playing Sunday is just that, him being a backup.

We stopped caring about FS LaRon when the real coaching staff came in and put him in his real position (the position Coach Gibbs & Coach Williams drafted him to play here). He didn't wiff on tackles last season. Reed sucks balls. He gets picked on by opposing offense because he is day late and a dollar short. He also struggled during the preseason smh.

Hail!

Why am I ignorant because I mention him being deaf? having a special needs child, or that I simply stated truth, you do know the truth hurts. Sorry many people on here think that Reed Doughty is such a premier safety! Ever thought that PERHAPS with his hearing issues and the crowd noise maybe he simply can't hear correct calls or audibles? Maybe that is why is consistently get's burned on coverage. Sorry to offend all the politically correct people that can't deal with truth!

Actually, the truth is that NFL coaches want to win so badly, the average fan can barely comprehend it. Their reputation, not to mention their ability to retain & get future coaching jobs is nearly solely reliant upon winning. So if the Redskins coaching staff thought that someone else besides Reed Doughty gave them a better chance to win, then that someone else would be on the team.

I mean honestly, do you really think that Shanahan & Haslett sat around and said "well, Reed sure is terrible and he'll probably cost of a few games, and we've got other people on the 80-man roster that clearly give us a better chance to win, but golly, he's had a real tough time of it, and he's white too! Let's save a roster spot for him". :doh:

And which is it? Can he not hear the "correct calls" because he's deaf, or is it because of the crowd noise? Because if he's deaf like you keep saying, then the crowd noise shouldn't affect him too much, now should it?

The Andre Johnson play came at a slightly more important time of the game.

you realize doughty isnt a FS? the fact that he was on johnson is a tactical mistake to begin with, but johnson wins that battle with any FS in the league regardless.

your criticism of doughty on that play makes about as much sense as lining up santana as an offensive lineman and telling us he sucks when he gets blown up.

It seems like to me that you see more of these types of injuries to these players that have really bulked up. I am not a doctor but you just have to wonder if he has taken it to far and just taken his body to the breaking point. First an achilles and then a hamstring. I am concerned that these types of injuries will be an ongoing thing with him. I hope I am wrong but someone who has had months to heal up and is still not ready to go is concerning.

We stopped caring about FS LaRon when the real coaching staff came in and put him in his real position (the position Coach Gibbs & Coach Williams drafted him to play here). He didn't wiff on tackles last season. Reed sucks balls. He gets picked on by opposing offense because he is day late and a dollar short. He also struggled during the preseason smh.

Hail!

+1

I still cant believe it took as long as it did for our coaches to realize his strength is at the LOS attacking the ball. Zorn or Blache had him at SS for one game, versus Oakland, and he dominated. I think he caused 2 fumbles. Only to be relegated back to FS. I am still thrilled we finally got a coach that finally uses him to his strengths. I am still surprised how much resistance us move Landry to SS fans met here.

The thing he brings at the LOS that impresses me to no end, when we let him blitz, he is fast to find the gap and get to the QB. I want to see him blitz a bit more this year. We need this guy healthy otherwise our defense will struggle. He is our best player on defense when healthy.

Last season when I first saw Landry the first thing I said was " he is too top heavy" and he should of worked on his legs to balance it out. He looked like a martini glass. :)

Then he injures his Achilles and I kept my mouth closed and just shook my head. I wish I had a photo of him at the time to really compare, but you can see this off-season his legs are bigger and he worked on the lower half.

Archived