Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fan Nation: Tebow May Get Cut (Or Traded). If the former, is it worth giving him a look?

Skadden

Tebow's problems have always been his mechanics. When he drops back to pass, he holds the football too low making it easy for a defender to poke it out and create a turnover. A lot of his passes are short overthrown, or simply inaccurate. These are things that Tebow is going to have to put in a lot of practice in order to overcome, if he ever does. John Fox was right to name Orton the starter and I doubt if Tebow is a good fit for Redskins west coast offense,.

If Shanny thinks he could work with him and decides to trade for him, Hell yes, lets make the deal. Our offense has a few roll outs and I am sure Lil' Shanny could draw up some plays to maximize Tebow's abilities. However, the Broncos are in sort of the same position that the Skins' were in with McNabb and AH. The have to get something halfway decent for Tewbow and will not just let him go. I bet they will trade him for a 3rd or 4th rounder and another player (Sellers maybe?).

If Shanny thinks he could work with him and decides to trade for him, Hell yes, lets make the deal. Our offense has a few roll outs and I am sure Lil' Shanny could draw up some plays to maximize Tebow's abilities. However, the Broncos are in sort of the same position that the Skins' were in with McNabb and AH. The have to get something halfway decent for Tewbow and will not just let him go. I bet they will trade him for a 3rd or 4th rounder and another player (Sellers maybe?).

No-one is going to give anything like that for him. He's currently a 3rd string QB. The question mark before he was drafted was whether he could make the grade as an NFL quarterback; in his second year as a professional he's made no progress in that regard and arguably regressed. The Broncos gambled by drafting him so high and it hasn't paid off for them, or him. If you had a desperate need to sell some jerseys or get bums on seats in your stadium he might be worth a low round pick, like a 6th or 7th. He still might make it after all but I think the Broncos will give up on him unless Orton or Quinn get injured.

Is it the "christian warrior" thing that get people excited about this guy?

Yeah, the guy did a lot in college but he also lost too.

Anyone remember the 2009 SEC championship? where Florida and Alabama both came in undefeated and Tebow got his senior *** kicked up and down the field? I do. No pseudo gladiator speech could get him out of that one.

How about the Senior Bowl when he was THE worst QB on the field?

The guy isn't a pro QB.

He can't throw pro routes, can't read pro defenses and isn't athletic enough to play as a "slash."

"So.......what would ya say...ya do here?"

Change positions or just let this guy disappear and go do some humanitarian work.

Tim Tebow - QB - Broncos

Some members of the Broncos organization tell Mike Silver of Yahoo! Sports that Tim Tebow is the fourth-best QB in training camp.

"If everything was totally equal, and this were a competition based only on performance at this camp, Tebow would probably be the fourth-string guy," one source said. "Kyle [Orton] is far and away the best, and Tebow's way behind [brady] Quinn, too. And I'm telling you, Adam Weber is flat-out better right now." Added another Broncos exec, "Forget about how [Tebow] delivers the ball, or how accurate it is. First he has to know where to go with it." Team officials are now relieved that the Dolphins opted against meeting Denver's third-round asking price on Orton. Tebow was always expected to be a developmental project, but this year's camp has been a blow to his long-term outlook.

Related: Kyle Orton, Brady Quinn, Adam Weber

Source: Yahoo! Sports Aug 23 - 3:43 PM

Via rotoworld

Player Outlook

Game Log

Career Stats

In-season Projections

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/303110-broncos-ready-to-cut-tebow?utm_source=bleacherreport.com&utm_medium=referral

He'd be at least somewhat of a fit in Shanahan's offense given his arm strength and his mobility. And he'd certainly be a better option than Pryor right now. Of course, he doesn't seem like an option as a franchise QB, but as 2nd or 3rd on the depth chart (so long, Kellen), why not?

Absolutely no way he gets cut. Maybe traded. With that contract its a pipe dream it ain't happening.

You have to remember though that was based on three games. Now, those players who we played with, want Orton to be the starter. They made it clear after the preseason got underway, when Orton was making the throws Tebow can't, that Orton was the guy. The coaches agreed. They see more than we do, and there's a reason he's now fighting for the #2 qb spot with the competition of Brady Quinn who's on his 3rd team in 5 years.

It was only three games but that's what we have to go by. His offense played better than Orton's offense...that was also with an extreme outlier for Orton to get him up to nearly 21PPG (one game of 49 points).

As for the players claiming they want Tebow, it's led by one year wonder Brandon Lloyd who is a total "me" kind of player. He wants Orton b/c he makes his numbers look better.

Orton made throws that Tebow couldn't yet; however, the position is more than throwing the ball. You have to give a player more than a single season to learn to play the position. The bottom line for any QB is scoring...Tebow as a rookie averaged more points.

It was only three games but that's what we have to go by. His offense played better than Orton's offense...that was also with an extreme outlier for Orton to get him up to nearly 21PPG (one game of 49 points).

As for the players claiming they want Tebow, it's led by one year wonder Brandon Lloyd who is a total "me" kind of player. He wants Orton b/c he makes his numbers look better.

Orton made throws that Tebow couldn't yet; however, the position is more than throwing the ball. You have to give a player more than a single season to learn to play the position. The bottom line for any QB is scoring...Tebow as a rookie averaged more points.

Some posters here probably have more access to Tebow and his abilities than Elway and the coaching staff do in Denver, or maybe they don't just use a PPG spread sheet to pick their QB?

Tebow was significantly over-drafted in 2010. That's not a shock, as no one placed a first round grade on him. As a QB, he was seen as a significant developmental project. So the fact he does not look great after a little more than 1 season (an no real offseason) can't be shocking. It's still worth rolling the dice on someone like that. Not just because he's athletic and willing to work, but also because he could probably be a decent FB/TE type. It just has to be at the right price, which is pretty low these days.

I would love to have him if the roster levels allowed it. Pick him up and put him on the PS. He'd be perfect, our own little Rudy!!

ETA: What the hell is wrong with Denver since Shannahan left? The fiasco that was McDaniels and now Elway coming in screwing the pooch worse. They tried to trade Orton until the demand wasn't what they'd hope. Tebow was the future, now he is the forth best option on the roster?

Sounds like they have one of two agendas.

1. They really want him to switch positions.

2. They are trying to push him to get maximum effort.

Or...

They just don't know what the **** they're doing.

Was not hard to predict this guy had bust written all over him coming out of college. The "he just wins" argument presented in the threads at the time should never again be presented as an argument for a quarterback coming out of college to play in the NFL. You must have talent first.

Who said anything about as a "franchise" QB that's an empty term in my book.

Every team that drafts a QB hopes they become a "franchise" QB.

But I digress.

We fundamentally disagree because unlike you I don't think you have to draft a prospect with your highest draft because you like them.

Holmgren liked Colt McCoy and waited til the 3rd round to pull the trigger.

Mike Shanahan liked Tebow as a prospect, that's all I know and can know; the rest is open for conjecture.

I forgot to reply to the above and all I can say is: wow um okay couldn't disagree more.

If you're drafting a QB in the first round from a place of sanity, then he should be a QB that can start and be at least average among other starting QBs in the league by his second year. Since Tebow isn't one, I suppose this is a moot point. I'd say Colt McCoy fits into more of a system QB mold myself, but arguing semantics isn't constructive.

Fine, Mike told the media he liked Tebow. My point is, a lot of teams liked him as a project QB/FB/TE. A certain organization decided to jump the shark here. It is what it is.

And Tim Tebow > Rex Grossman?

In the NFL? Hahaha, I agree with you, that we couldn't disagree more. I know how it is to unreasonably root for a player(James Davis), but this time I'm on the opposite side. This guy isn't even on the team though, so I'm done with the topic. Not that I mind disagreeing.

why? i was sick of the cult of colt and that guy isn't even going to come close to the followers that tebow will drag here.

he's not an nfl quarterback and if you're not going to crown him one anyway as soon as he gets off the plane then you're just asking for a bunch of fan outcry from people who just became fans of your team.

he can't beat kyle orton and now he can't even beat brady quinn.

then he should be a QB that can start and be at least average among other starting QBs in the league by his second year. Since Tebow isn't one, I suppose this is a moot point.
Looking at how Tebow played last year there is nothing to suggest that Tebow wouldn't play well if given the chance.

But, yeah its a moot point because it appearsTebow won't be playing, until the Broncos suck again and put him in for a few games at the end of the year.

Fine, Mike told the media he liked Tebow.
Right.
And Tim Tebow > Rex Grossman?
Yeah, size (frame and hand), arm strength, mobility then the intangibles.

The only area Grossman would have Tebow beat is a cleaner motion and scheme knowledge.

Not that I mind disagreeing.
Me neither, we're all fans of the Burgundy and Gold here.

But its a moot point altogether.

The Bronco's aren't gonna cut him and the cost to trade for him would be higher then we should pay.

And like I said earlier I doubt Kyle would want him.

I would wait for the Panthers to dump Clausen or offer them a low ball trade 5th rounder.

Archived