Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fan Nation: Tebow May Get Cut (Or Traded). If the former, is it worth giving him a look?

Skadden

The Abrupt Fall of Tim Tebow

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-silver_denver_broncos_quarterbacks_082311

He may have fallen to 4th on the depth chart behind Adam Weber....yup, Adam Weber.

I can't believe I'm doing this, but I'm gonna defend Tim Tebow on this one. I think that's kinda ridiculous. In actual regular season game action, he didn't embarrass himself (faint praise, I know), and actually won a game. They scored 23, 24, and 28 pts with him at QB. He's got to be better than this Adam Weber person.

This is a perfect example to me of people over-examining what someone looks like throwing passes w/o pads and shorts on. Tebow started 3 games and in those games accounted for 650 yards passing, 200 yards rushing, 8 TDs (5 passing), and 3 Ints. In those games they averaged 25 ppg and wait, he was still a rookie! How can anyone look at that production and actually say this kid can't be a QB? I don't know if he can develop into a franchise guy, but it is ridiculous that people are discounting him as a quarterback, when his REGULAR SEASON productivity dwarfs that of our potential starting QB.

Orton will look better throwing in OTA's in passing camp 10 times out of 10, but Tebow is a gamer.

How many of you folks who are criticizing him actually watched his starts last year?

Love how you always bash Grossman but tie yourself in knots defending/praising Beck, who has never had one good NFL game.
Show me one post where I've 'bashed' Rex?

Your posts about Beck are closer to bashing then anything I've written about Rex.

Heck, I've even stated that whomever plays QB next will do better then expected be it Beck or Rex.

And what does Beck vs Rex have to do with this discussion?

And if you call being unbiased and not writing a player off because of there circumstances and judging them based on talent "defending" then so be it.

Will you do the same if they go with Rex? I highly doubt it. It's clear to everyone on this board how biased you are. You have scouted Beck and think he's better. Case closed.

See above about Rex or Beck having a better season then most expect.

If being biased means thinking Beck is more physically talented QB then Rex, then sure I'm biased.

As for Tebow... I will be very surprised if he has a 5 year NFL career, much less a ten year one like Rex is enjoying.
That might be the case.

But, it doesn't take away from my opinion that Tebow is more talented then Rex.

BTW-I don't see how this post bashes Rex, unless suggesting a comparison of skillset is bashing.

Lets say there was a list of desired QB attributes Tebow imo would have more then Grossman.

The only area I can think Grossman would have an advantage is a cleaner throwing motion.

Well, Tebow's drop could be due to a change in offensive philosophy. I'm not sure how much Denver's offense changed, but Tebow fits a particular style offense. If they changed it enough, it makes sense that he's dropped to fourth.

Lets say there was a list of desired QB attributes Tebow imo would have more then Grossman.

The only area I can think Grossman would have an advantage is a cleaner throwing motion.

Being someone that has bashed Grossman on more than one occation (and I still trust him as far as I can kick him) I would say that Tebow is more talented physically, but Grossman is a better QB. He makes quicker reads, has better pocket pressence and is more accurate. Which coming from what I think at Rex isnt saying all that much, but I would rather have Rex than Tebow. I just threw up saying that.:puke:

This is a perfect example to me of people over-examining what someone looks like throwing passes w/o pads and shorts on. Tebow started 3 games and in those games accounted for 650 yards passing, 200 yards rushing, 8 TDs (5 passing), and 3 Ints. In those games they averaged 25 ppg and wait, he was still a rookie! How can anyone look at that production and actually say this kid can't be a QB? I don't know if he can develop into a franchise guy, but it is ridiculous that people are discounting him as a quarterback, when his REGULAR SEASON productivity dwarfs that of our potential starting QB.

Orton will look better throwing in OTA's in passing camp 10 times out of 10, but Tebow is a gamer.

How many of you folks who are criticizing him actually watched his starts last year?

Man, I totally agree. And this coming from someone who was super critical of Tebow's chances pre-NFL draft. He did nothing last season or this preseason to warrant his demotion nor all the harsh words coming his direction from fans. I'll take a guy like Tim Tebow (physically gifted and ridiculous worth ethic/will power) over a guy with raw potential who couldn't give a crap about succeeding. I'm looking at you Jamarcus Russell.

Archived