Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dexter: Season 6 (Season premier tonight at 9pm 10/2/11)!

'Skins_&_'Stons

I'm watching the latest episode again. I'm more convinced than ever that Lewis is involved with the DDK killings. Two things are sticking out - (1) the hand was taken from DDK's latest victim and Lewis has the ITK hand in his apartment, and (2) when Deb said she would buy Lewis a beer, Lewis said thanks but he had plans, the camera panned to a shot of the church, and ominous music started playing in the background.

Hmmm...interesting. The girl that was let go who said there seemed to be two people, the major twist could be that there was. It was Hanks and Lewis. That would be a heck of a twist.

I don't think the girl said that there were two. The police assumed two because they already had Gellar pinned down as a suspect. But then they find out that a younger guy was there, they assume that he is an accomplice. But the girl who was let go didn't confirm or deny Gellar.

I'm watching the latest episode again. I'm more convinced than ever that Lewis is involved with the DDK killings. Two things are sticking out - (1) the hand was taken from DDK's latest victim and Lewis has the ITK hand in his apartment, and (2) when Deb said she would buy Lewis a beer, Lewis said thanks but he had plans, the camera panned to a shot of the church, and ominous music started playing in the background.

That's a good catch. When they panned to the church, I simply thought they were showing that the church was in range of where the IP address could be coming from. But I think you could be right, there was probably more to that little scene. What stuck out to me was, with the DDK killings being completely religious-centric, how could Deb not notice the church sitting right there and not connect the dots with the IP address and at least check it out?

That's a good catch. When they panned to the church, I simply thought they were showing that the church was in range of where the IP address could be coming from. But I think you could be right, there was probably more to that little scene. What stuck out to me was, with the DDK killings being completely religious-centric, how could Deb not notice the church sitting right there and not connect the dots with the IP address and at least check it out?

Because the writing on this show has become incredible sloppy the past 2 seasons.

It's a shame too.

I thought the hand was a manequin hand?

Yeah Ryan stole the mannequin hand, and that is the same one Louis has ( won the auction). Ryan Chambers is in the upcoming episodes so it should be interesting to see where it goes from here. Glad she is back....:mmm:.

Comments after tonight's episode (spoilers)

Louis might end up as the serial killer for next season. That homicide game and Dexter asking him if he knows how it feels to kill could be possibly why? He seems to take a huge liking to Dexter. Maybe he starts killing because he wants Dexter's approval?

Even more spoilers for the future:

The writers have confirmed that season 8 will be the last one and that the last two episodes of this season will set a clear 'endgame' for the series finale. Should be interesting.

Because the writing on this show has become incredible sloppy the past 2 seasons.

It's a shame too.

You're right on the money. I'm on the side that thinks it has been HORRID myself. They had nowhere to go but down after Jonathan Lithgow was killed.

Two more years of Slop I bet.

Homeland is a fantastic show so far.

Can't wait for LUCk on HBO

:ols:

I'm not even sure what to say anymore.

Of course, Dexter was always a show that made you suspend your disbelief a little bit.

However, the writing season has been so incredibly sloppy that it's almost as if the writers don't even care anymore.

I have a similar feeling about this season. I'm ready for them to wrap this show up for good.

the one at Louis' place? Its the prosthetic hand from the ice truck killer case.
Yeah Ryan stole the mannequin hand, and that is the same one Louis has ( won the auction). Ryan Chambers is in the upcoming episodes so it should be interesting to see where it goes from here. Glad she is back....:mmm:.

I thought so. I didn't think it was a real hand.

I found it funny that Dexter calls in as an anonymous tip on 911 which would 100% get reviewed by the homicide department. As if no one will detect Dexter's voice.

From his cell phone. :ols:

To be fair, that could end up biting him in the last few episodes - as I'm pretty sure someone (Deb most likely) is going to figure out something big by the end of the season. However, the way things are going this was probably just another example of the writers being extremely lazy and sloppy.

I'm also tired of being forcefed obvious pieces of information:

*Travis talking to a Gellar that doesn't exist*

Harry to Dexter: "OMG, he thinks Gellar is still alive! He's talking to someone who isn't really there! OMG, it's the same!"

I found it funny that Dexter calls in as an anonymous tip on 911 which would 100% get reviewed by the homicide department. As if no one will detect Dexter's voice.

Not that the writing has not been somewhat sloppy , but I'd be shocked if Dexter didn't have a few throw away phones.

Comments after tonight's episode (spoilers)

Louis might end up as the serial killer for next season. That homicide game and Dexter asking him if he knows how it feels to kill could be possibly why? He seems to take a huge liking to Dexter. Maybe he starts killing because he wants Dexter's approval?

Even more spoilers for the future:

The writers have confirmed that season 8 will be the last one and that the last two episodes of this season will set a clear 'endgame' for the series finale. Should be interesting.

Two entire season to go and the last two episodes are going to set up a finale/story arc that's 12-24 episodes away? Interesting.

Everything seems a bit too easy for Dexter these days. I missed a few seconds of last night's episode - did he find the boat by looking on the chick's facebook or something??

Also, why the hell can't I read the random thought thread???? Is there some secret password I am unaware of??? :( I actually can't read a bunch of threads. I keep getting some error about a redirect loop blah blah blah.

Ren, it's not working for me either.

Two entire season to go and the last two episodes are going to set up a finale/story arc that's 12-24 episodes away? Interesting.

It probably has something to do with Deb getting suspicious, or the new intern guy going out and killing to make his game more realistic.

I hope they finish Olmos/Hanks storyline in the next episode and use the season finale as a premier for season 7.

EDIT (spoiler):

Just saw that Hanks is going to be in the last episode too. darn. Apparently Brea Grant (Ryan the intern) is coming back for these last two shows as well. Hmmm

He could have had a throw away phone. I'm not sure when he gave Travis his cell number, it was his actual cell. Also, how would the 911 dispatchers know Dexter or his voice? He doesn't work in that department. It will be interesting to see if Dexter has to rescue Bautista and if he blows his cover trying to save his life.

He could have had a throw away phone. I'm not sure when he gave Travis his cell number, it was his actual cell. Also, how would the 911 dispatchers know Dexter or his voice? He doesn't work in that department. It will be interesting to see if Dexter has to rescue Bautista and if he blows his cover trying to save his life.

There is no doubt that in real life a homicide department would analyze any 911 call associated with something like that.

I was surprised he didn't just use one of his accents. He had a great hick accent one season for calling in a police tip from a payphone.

Of course, he DID just finish having an imaginary verbal and imaginary physical confrontation with his imaginary dead father, and was freaking out. So...he may have just been off his game a bit.

I was about to start a thread about Homeland, because I think that show is better than Dexter, The Walking Dead, and a few others.

I started one before that season started. Haven't been in there for a while (here either) because we were far behind on the dvr. Had a baby in October, which meant lots of family staying with us who doesn't watch the show. Finally got caught up on Dexter last night. Still behind on Homeland. That show is awesome

The hand that was used to write the message on the hotel room wall did seem a little unnecessary. But based on what we know now, Travis cut it off then took it with him. I'm buying Lewis being a possible killer, but not involved in DDK. If he was, why alert the cops and send them directly to Doomsday Adam?

My wife and I were talking about the phones thing also. Calling 911 from his own phone and not disguising his voice - they would definitely listen to the tape. And putting his phone on Travis' speed dial seemed to really expose him. That was before he found out about Gellar. If the cops caught Travis, they'd search his phone to see if it had clues to where Gellar was or what he was doing. Dexter being on his speed dial would raise quite a few unanswerable questions

This season has been the worst of the series so far, but I'm surprised no one else posted yet about the Dexter + Deb storyline. It's been pretty obvious where they were heading with their interactions this year, but I'm glad they finally just acknowledged it with at least one of them.

Obviously it's one-sided (well zero sided, since the shrink suggested it and Deb only had the dream after) and can't go anywhere ultimately, but I'm glad they pushed *something* that made me go 'whoa...wait.." for once this season.

I've given up on this season for the most part, I'll ride it out though and hope they finish with a nice setup for next season (hopefully much improved).

Archived