Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dexter: Season 6 (Season premier tonight at 9pm 10/2/11)!

'Skins_&_'Stons

crazy ending, but you knew they were building up to it for a while

since it's a 2 season arc, either Deb covers it up or she doesn't and Dexter is a fugitive. so I'm betting she covers it up, but then deals w/ the conflict of liking him and knowing what he is.

then there's still the matter of the ITK hand in the box sitting on top of Dex's fridge

I think next season is the last season

Nope, two more, and that's it.

This entire season was basically just a build-up to this, hell, even Deb discovering her love for Dex just gives her another reason to be conflicted and NOT turn him in.

I think they burn down the church to hide what was done to Travis' flesh, and then his teeth are identified. Seems like the easiest way to cover this up while still getting it off the books for Deb. Seems plausible that a nut-job like him would go back to where it all happened/started and kill himself in a flashy way.

I love that the intern (future consultant) angle is slowly simmering and hasn't gone anywhere yet. They're letting it build up slowly. It better be good.

Edit:

I think the craziest thing to me isn't that Deb found out...I expected that for some reason, although I thought that it would involve the hand, and nothing so dramatic as actually seeing him kill Travis.

But the craziest thing to me is that Dex KNOWS that Deb knows, now.

It remains to be seen how much she puts together, and how fast. The question is, does he try to spin it like he got the idea from the Bay Harbor Butcher, etc...or does it all come out? She can't be dumb enough NOT to connect the dots, especially since he was related to a serial killer, and his wife was killed by a serial killer, and she caught him lying about going cross country to investigate something having to do with that serial killer.

How did Dexter get Travis off the top of the building? He had Harrison with him and I'm sure there were people working there.Someone would notice him carrying something large out the door,most companies tend to notice stuff like that.

Since theres 2 more seasons left,there's really not much suspense in what Deb will do in the next episode.She turns in him and the shows over.

She'll swear alot and Dex will promise this is his 1 and only kill etc.etc.

No way they can pull that off. She's seen him in his killing outfit, he's got the same kill kit as the Bay Harbor Butcher, he had a little monologue first and didn't have any trouble killing him, Travis was wrapped in plastic, blah blah blah.

Not only is that the BHB's m.o., but she herself was IN Travis' position at the end of S1.

She'll put together at least some of the pieces.

How did Dexter get Travis off the top of the building? He had Harrison with him and I'm sure there were people working there.Someone would notice him carrying something large out the door,most companies tend to notice stuff like that.

Since theres 2 more seasons left,there's really not much suspense in what Deb will do in the next episode.She turns in him and the shows over.

I would guess he took the elevator down to a parking garage level or something. I can't quite remember where he parked, but I'm sure he had something planned in advance. I figured most personnel were concentrating their efforts on the roofs of buildings, which is another reason why he was able to slip by.

I think Dex will use the fact that Harry helped him along with his killing to sway Deb's "opinion" or feeling towards him. Regardless, I can't wait to see this storyline play out. This has been my (and i'm sure many others) most anticipated story arc.

I might have missed Dexter say something about it, but how did he inject himself with the tranquilizer and not pass out?

Did he just stick the needle in but not inject it, or something?

Yeah, I was surprised we didn't get a narration after telling us. I'm assuming he brought a real one, and one filled with saline or something. He just picked the fakie and faked the collapse.

Loved how the detectives conveniently waited outside for Dexter to show up and then let him go inside long enough to put the hammer through the portrait. :ols:

Looking forward to seeing how the final scene plays out next season - just hope the writing is a lot better for the final few seasons.

I was expecting Season 7 ending to be the time when Deb finds out. That was a nice cliff hanger by the writers. Dexter's dialogue with Travis was awesome I thought.

I'd rank my favorite seasons as : 1, 4, 2, 6, 5, 3. Three being way down the list. I thought Miguel/Skinner were rather lame.

Loved how the detectives conveniently waited outside for Dexter to show up and then let him go inside long enough to put the hammer through the portrait. :ols:

I assumed the rest of the force was busy checking out the freshly decaying bodies. It probably only took Dex 2 seconds to smash it anyway.

Looking forward to seeing how the final scene plays out next season - just hope the writing is a lot better for the final few seasons.

Kinda my thoughts as well.

End the show before it gets any worse.

I assumed the rest of the force was busy checking out the freshly decaying bodies. It probably only took Dex 2 seconds to smash it anyway.

No, they specifically told him that they were waiting outside for him to get there.

Besides, detectives/officers were have had to clear that entire house before any forensics people went in there - otherwise how would they have known the killer wasn't still there?

No, they specifically told him that they were waiting outside for him to get there.

That part, yes, I remember. But, once everybody collectively walked in the house, Dexter was the only one who went exploring back there while the others were checking out the bodies. Right?

Besides, detectives/officers were have had to clear that entire house before any forensics people went in there - otherwise how would they have known the killer wasn't still there?

I was thinking about this too - the only explanation I can think of (besides poor writing, lol) is officers did in fact sweep the house before everybody else went in as a team. But maybe this was done by officers not in homicide who may not know who Dexter is/what he looks like. Or, they simply didnt pay attention to the painting and just were checking for other people inside the house.

I was expecting Season 7 ending to be the time when Deb finds out. That was a nice cliff hanger by the writers. Dexter's dialogue with Travis was awesome I thought.

I'd rank my favorite seasons as : 1, 4, 2, 6, 5, 3. Three being way down the list. I thought Miguel/Skinner were rather lame.

I think I'd have to go 4, 1, 2, 3, 5, 6. With 5 having a redeeming last 4 episodes or so, and 6 being a total disappointment until the last 30 seconds.

I might have missed Dexter say something about it, but how did he inject himself with the tranquilizer and not pass out?

Did he just stick the needle in but not inject it, or something?

I had to read an interview with a writer afterwards to find out. Apparently he emptied the needle behind his back when walking toward the door then pulled the plunger back out a bit. They filmed it and in post production it didn't look right so they decided not to show it and left it awkwardly implied by the dialog right after.

At this point I let the little things slide with this show or I'd be picking it apart every week.

Anyways, the final scene was pretty crazy...though as soon as I saw the church I realized what they were doing. Since she specifically asked him to sweep it one last time and he said he would after the thing with his kid, figured she would check up on him there.

I have no clue where they go with this from here, but they better not wimp out write it off in an easy manner.

I had to read an interview with a writer afterwards to find out. Apparently he emptied the needle behind his back when walking toward the door then pulled the plunger back out a bit. They filmed it and in post production it didn't look right so they decided not to show it and left it awkwardly implied by the dialog right after.

I assumed he went under his chin so that he could go all the way through to his mouth and spit it out.

This season's Dexter reminds me of a sadistic version of Macguyver.

The escape from a boat loaded with explosives especially.

Then again I always found Macguyver hilarious, so I'm amused.

Tom Hanks Jr. is his Murdock.

This could be a haiku.

---------- Post added December-20th-2011 at 02:11 AM ----------

Its not just that its bad writing....it's bad writing that's so easily avoided. Hell, Travis could've smashed it himself annoyed at the bodies stinking...or never even painted the picture of Dexter, as it wasn't really necessary or relevant.

Same thing with the church cellar, even if there was another exit....it was rather goofy for him to assume Geller had gotten down there that quickly, at least with the trapdoor blocked.

Oh well. Ladies and gentlemen, our favorite serial killer is now a superhero lol....A very dumb lucky one.

Spoilers in ninja below. I don't know if it's been long enough to post details of the episode or not.

I was happy with the ending. I think we all knew it was going to happen at some point, and I thought it became pretty obvious what was going to happen once Deb told Dex to clean the church. (Though I also thought perhaps she would find Dex killing Travis on the rooftop). Regardless, I'm glad now they will have to deal with the implications for the final couple seasons, and I actually think more than anything Deb will be pissed that Dex has been ****ing up all their cases. Think how many prime suspects he's killed causing cases to remain open indefinitely.

Overall, though, I (like everyone else) am disappointed at all the shortcuts the show took this year. Everything just seemed so rushed and some of the storylines seemed forced/cheap.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got around to watching the final episode.

Loved the ending, although I thought the smashed painting and the fact that Harrison apparently had no problem going up on some tall building with a random strange guy were a bit annoying.

I was pretty sure that Deb would walk in on Dexter while he was killing Travis as soon as she said that she was going to make it clear to him how she felt.

This will be pretty interesting to see how they deal with it next season.

By the way, I guess the hot intern that stole the hand isn't coming back after all?

Archived