Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dexter: Season 6 (Season premier tonight at 9pm 10/2/11)!

'Skins_&_'Stons

Kind of a nutty Fight Club twist last night.

One thing is driving me crazy though....

Dexter comes into the church, Travis is unconcious, supposedly. So then he drags a dresser from ON TOP of a trapdoor, and enters it looking for Geller?

There is no way Geller could've went inside the trap door, and from inside of it, dragged a dresser on top.

This kind of insanity makes the whole thing kind of silly. Dexter is not so stupid as to not realize, that if Geller is in there, then Travis pushed the dresser on top, assuming Geller is alive.

Ugh....

Yeah, I was thinking that too. But maybe he was thinking there was another way down there, and that's how Gellar got there? Because following him down exactly where you think he came from would leave you wide open for an attack, which doesn't seem like something Dexter would do. But then again I realize this show has never been exactly perfect, and sometimes you have to just accept the minor misses, so long as they aren't major flaws or significant plot holes. They can't all be up to Breaking Bad's level unfortunately.

Yeah, I was thinking that too. But maybe he was thinking there was another way down there, and that's how Gellar got there? Because following him down exactly where you think he came from would leave you wide open for an attack, which doesn't seem like something Dexter would do. But then again I realize this show has never been exactly perfect, and sometimes you have to just accept the minor misses, so long as they aren't major flaws or significant plot holes. They can't all be up to Breaking Bad's level unfortunately.

Yeah, its not that big a deal...but we'll find out about that 2nd exit from the cellar next week. It doesn't make much sense to me that there would be one, since the writing staff was apparently set enough on him being trapped in the cellar to overlook such an obvious (and easily remedied)plot hole..

But stranger things have happened lol

Thinking of this twist and the whole Edward Norton/Tyler Durden thing in Fight Club made me think....hey get Edward Norton on Dexter! I could see them building an interesting storyline around an actor like Norton.

Makes me want to see Primal Fear again.

Always liked Doakes. His nature really stood out from the rest of the cast. Classic Doakes right here
haha

Almost forgot how much I loved Doakes haha.

Dexter: Messy work. All that blood on the wall.. Sorta looks like a finger painting.

Doakes: You give me the ****** creeps, you know that Dexter?

Dexter: Yeah I know. Sorry about that.

Doakes: **** You!!!

The Captain Mathews thing was predictable. The "twist" was predictable. In fact, I called both of those things in this thread. Elliot being more than he seemed was predictable, if only because they were spending WAY too much time on him and the babysitter/sister. I hope they're setting that up for next season and don't do too much with it this season. Let it marinate and slowly reveal things as he becomes a bigger part of the show.

My biggest question is, what the hell was LaGuerta's creepy smile about when they were discussing taking care of Deb?

I like the "new Deb". She should be more perceptive of Dexter's bull**** now, too.

That's why I didn't like the Matthews and LaGuerta twist and DEB's promotion, it was all kind of self written and predictable.

And it makes me wonder, is Travis fully aware of what is going on?

I don't think so. I think he still believes that Geller is really alive. In the previews, they show him thinking that Geller JUST died, and by Dexter's hands, or something.

By the way, they couldn't have portrayed the atheist professor as any more of a douche lol. I've taken classes with a good number of evolutionary biologists and none of them were that smug and arrogant. I guess it fits into the story that Gellar would target someone like him but it was still a really cliche portrayal of an atheist.

They have a lot of flashback explaining to do with Travis. They better show how/why he killed his sister, how he managed to set up the kill scene for the professor and how/why Gellar actually died. Could "good" Travis have killed Gellar but is now feeling guilty and sinful and wanting to repent? I have a feeling that Dexter might let Travis off the hook at the end of the season. Maybe let the police take him in and send him for psychiatric help instead of putting him on the table. He can probably relate even more with him now, since Travis' dark passenger is just like Dexter's.

Kind of a nutty Fight Club twist last night.

One thing is driving me crazy though....

Dexter comes into the church, Travis is unconcious, supposedly. So then he drags a dresser from ON TOP of a trapdoor, and enters it looking for Geller?

There is no way Geller could've went inside the trap door, and from inside of it, dragged a dresser on top.

This kind of insanity makes the whole thing kind of silly. Dexter is not so stupid as to not realize, that if Geller is in there, then Travis pushed the dresser on top, assuming Geller is alive.

Ugh....

I'm not sure if this was already mentioned but Dexter decision to look in the cellar that had a table above it was also dumb. How could Geller climb down the hatch, close it, and move the table on top? C'mon Dex.....

We're thinking alike SpacePenguin. Little plot holes that irk the viewer

I don't think that's a plot hole at all. Dexter sees what looks to be a secret entrance covered up, and decides to check it out. It was clearly covered to be hidden from plain view in the church. Who said that Gellar went in that way? That could simply be access up into the church itself, as opposed to wherever else there may be an entrance/exit. As another poster pointed out, for that freezer to be down there, there certainly has to be another access point into that area. I think you're overthinking it, or at least assuming there's no other way into that area when you say how could Gellar get down there and then cover the trap door after he's already gone down. Plus, in the preview for next week it showed Dexter pushing open a set of double doors that looked to be an entrance to a cellar.....

how he managed to set up the kill scene for the professor and how/why Gellar actually died.

Here was my explanation from a page or two ago:

My guess is that Hanks ran upstairs, knocked out/killed the Atheist professor and hid him in another office knowing Dexter would assume Gellar was long gone, and then went and saved Dexter from the elevator that HE messed up. Then when Dexter left him at the motel, he left, went and gathered the body, and did his thing right there at the college, took the hand with him, left the message, blacked out or whatever in bed, and woke up. A fight club kinda thing. He's obviously insane, because in the previews for next week it shows him thinking that Gellar was still alive this whole time or something.

He can probably relate even more with him now, since Travis' dark passenger is just like Dexter's.

Except that Dexter knows what he's doing, and knows that his father/brother are dead when he has "visions" of them. That's just his subconscious reasoning with itself, in my opinion. But Hanks is straight up insane, he has no idea what he's doing and really believes that Geller is alive, until next episode. He doesn't even know that he killed him. That's a dangerous animal that needs to be put down.

Yeah that is right, but perhaps he thinks that Travis still might have good in him that can possibly be "saved". Travis is delusional, but his delusions have a genuinely good side as well. There has been a strong theme in this season that Dexter might be developing a forgiving side, he's already shown that with Jonah.

Maybe he lets the justice system sort out Travis but someone else is uncovered who really deserves to be on his table (the intern for next season maybe?).

You might be right, on the intern. He's creepy-neat like Dexter, is a loner, has weird taste in "trophies", is hyper-intelligent, and hero-worships Dexter for no reason that we can see. He also has access to Dexter's home now. That could make for an awesome confrontation. This guy is involved in his work life AND home life, he's in position to really **** things up for Dexter. This season is obviously about Dexter's "light side" vs. "dark side" with some religious confusion thrown in. Next season they can definitely get back to Dexter almost being caught all the time though, and having his personal life get messed with.

Only question I have about the intern, is that story-wise, it would fit for him to be all about Angel's sister just to get closer to Dexter. But without Masuka telling him to just go for it, he may never have gone near her again. So that doesn't really fit.

You might be right, on the intern. He's creepy-neat like Dexter, is a loner, has weird taste in "trophies", is hyper-intelligent, and hero-worships Dexter for no reason that we can see.

So.. With all the intern talk I went back and watched some of the show.. In one of the episodes Louis tells Dexter about a search engine to use instead of Google.

With him being computer savvy and having a lot of money, maybe he owns the search engine and is tracking Dexter's searches.. The show seemed to go out of it's way showing Dexter using the search engine.

Just a thought.

So.. With all the intern talk I went back and watched some of the show.. In one of the episodes Louis tells Dexter about a search engine to use instead of Google.

With him being computer savvy and having a lot of money, maybe he owns the search engine and is tracking Dexter's searches.. The show seemed to go out of it's way showing Dexter using the search engine.

Just a thought.

Interesting, especially because it's not a real search engine, so it's not like they are plugging anyone.

Doesn't look like a woman's hand to me :whoknows:

Can't wait for this. Every time I haggle with DirecTV, I push for some free showtime that will get me through the next season of Dexter. Love this show

My wife and I do this...every..stinking...year.!! They used to just give it to me for having the NFL Sunday Ticket. The last 2 years we've had to ask.

---------- Post added November-29th-2011 at 04:40 PM ----------

The Olmos and Hanks characters remind me of Harry and Dexter. It wouldn't surprise me if Hanks is alone and Olmos is his "Harry" and guiding him along in ghost form. Should be interesting.

Wow, you totally called it. You should write for the show.

The Olmos and Hanks characters remind me of Harry and Dexter. It wouldn't surprise me if Hanks is alone and Olmos is his "Harry" and guiding him along in ghost form. Should be interesting.

Wow, you totally called it. You should write for the show.

:ols: I had forgotten I had posted that.....but yeah in the beginning when Hanks was collecting the snakes out in the boat it seemed like Olmos was like Harry. Then as the story progressed I didn't know what to think. Glad we have two more seasons because the writing is incredible.

Dexter, Homeland, and Shameless make Showtime worth having.

Just a thought.

That was a good catch, and it made me recall the fact that the screen looked so different. With so much going on I nearly forgot about that until you mentioned it.

I'm watching the latest episode again. I'm more convinced than ever that Lewis is involved with the DDK killings. Two things are sticking out - (1) the hand was taken from DDK's latest victim and Lewis has the ITK hand in his apartment, and (2) when Deb said she would buy Lewis a beer, Lewis said thanks but he had plans, the camera panned to a shot of the church, and ominous music started playing in the background.

I'm watching the latest episode again. I'm more convinced than ever that Lewis is involved with the DDK killings. Two things are sticking out - (1) the hand was taken from DDK's latest victim and Lewis has the ITK hand in his apartment, and (2) when Deb said she would buy Lewis a beer, Lewis said thanks but he had plans, the camera panned to a shot of the church, and ominous music started playing in the background.

Yeah good call. I'm going to watch it again before Sunday.

Btw, I also think Ryan Chambers is involved with the DDK killings in some capacity. Her interest in the ITK killer and the hand/auction, etc. had me convinced she was maybe a copycat. She should be back in the coming episodes.

Archived