Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dexter: Season 6 (Season premier tonight at 9pm 10/2/11)!

'Skins_&_'Stons

Yeah it got leaked a week ago. I like the duo with Olmos and Hanks, could make for an interesting season.

No offense to those above, but I thought Doakes was a terrible character and about as cliched and 1 dimensional as possible. I thought season 2 overall was lackluster and the show didn't really regain it's stride until season 4. Last season I thought was good because of the partner in crime angle and because they finally evolved Deb into a good detective instead of just a screen-filler who cries or is angry all the time.

I was actually bored watching the first episode.The class reunion stuff seemed silly.Dexter killing a guy and cleaning up the mess with nobody there noticing anythings wrong is hard to believe.

I hope it gets better.

Yeah there was no background as to why or how he knew about the killing IIRC. And then the hot chick bj encounter and stealing the phone is a reach. There is no follow-up on these killings, like nobody would know when the guy was last seen. Dexter is a stretch, but I still like it overall.

I like the duo with Olmos and Hanks, could make for an interesting season.

The Olmos and Hanks characters remind me of Harry and Dexter. It wouldn't surprise me if Hanks is alone and Olmos is his "Harry" and guiding him along in ghost form. Should be interesting.

It's a tv show, stop looking for all the faults!

For real, man. Dexter is a blood spatter expert for the Miami PD who just happens to be a highly successful serial killer. He has managed to kill and/or **** the only people who have found out about him, and has never been arrested or even suspected of wrongdoing by the police. Yet you guys can't manage to suspend disbelief when he gets a bj from a slutty hot chick at the reunion?

No, I just think it's sloppy writing when they open the season with a fake stabbing where only EMT's show up - not one police officer. I can suspend my disbelief enough that he was able to get the exact 2 EMT's he was targeting to show up on the scene - but the lack of PO's was just stupid.

Also, the fact that Dexter was the only person to notice the blood in the girls fingernails was pretty silly IMHO.

Either way, I love the show but you didn't see writing THAT sloppy in the earlier seasons. Just because I love the show doesn't mean I can't have complaints about obviously sloppy parts of the story.

For real, man. Dexter is a blood spatter expert for the Miami PD who just happens to be a highly successful serial killer. He has managed to kill and/or **** the only people who have found out about him, and has never been arrested or even suspected of wrongdoing by the police. Yet you guys can't manage to suspend disbelief when he gets a bj from a slutty hot chick at the reunion?

LMFAO, the last part of your post is funny as hell. I really enjoyed that scene by the way :-)

http://www.deadline.com/2011/10/stalemate-between-michael-c-hall-and-showtime-puts-future-of-dexter-in-limbo/

EXCLUSIVE: Showtime’s flagship drama Dexter opened its sixth season on Sunday with a stellar 2.2 million viewers, up 24% from last year to mark the hit series’ highest-rated premiere ever and Showtime’s best original series opener in at least 14 years. But the prospects of the hit drama going to a seventh season are now uncertain as negotiations between Dexter star Michael C. Hall and Showtime have broken down. I hear that the two sides reached an impasse yesterday, the same day Dexter‘s big Season 6 premiere ratings came out. Hall’s contract for Dexter is up after the current sixth season, which is about to wrap production. He has been negotiating with Showtime for a while, but I hear talks broke down after the two sides couldn’t bridge a $4 million gap in proposed salary for a new deal, with Showtime offering $20 million for two more seasons and Hall’s team asking for $24 million. Either figure would make Hall one of the highest-paid actors in cable. Sources indicate that the network brass remain hopeful about reaching a deal, with signing Hall for one more season vs. two also an option. Hall jumped on Dexter immediately after finishing Six Feet Under and, after working on a TV series for 10 straight years, the actor had been looking to do other things, including a Broadway musical. He won a Golden Globe for his role on Dexter last year.

I thought it was a good episode.

The only thing that I don't get is how he got the blood samples to match. Dexter didn't work that crime scene and no one spotted the blood under the fingernails. How did he have data on the blood work that was never done?

I was mentioning this to the wife as we watched the premiere. It was a really half-baked story (at least pertaining to the husband who killed his wife). The other killers, with James Olmos I believe, may pan out into something interesting as the season unfolds. BTW: is the accomplice of that killer Tom Hanks son? It looked like it to me.

Once again, was happy to see them using the Long Beach area for filming the show.

I was mentioning this to the wife as we watched the premiere. It was a really half-baked story (at least pertaining to the husband who killed his wife). The other killers, with James Olmos I believe, may pan out into something interesting as the season unfolds. BTW: is the accomplice of that killer Tom Hanks son? It looked like it to me.

Once again, was happy to see them using the Long Beach area for filming the show.

yes that is Colin Hanks.

I'm liking Mos Def (Yasiin?) so far as The Good Shepard. Should be an interesting dynamic between him and Dexter this season. Will he prove to be what he claims to be, or will he be yet another disappointing role model for Dexter?

I'm liking that storyline much more than the Colin Hanks/Olmos angle so far.

I'm liking Mos Def (Yasiin?) so far as The Good Shepard. Should be an interesting dynamic between him and Dexter this season. Will he prove to be what he claims to be, or will he be yet another disappointing role model for Dexter?

I hope he'll be what he claims to be. That may cause Dexter to have second thoughts about some of his beliefs would certainly be more interesting than just more of the same.

The Colin/Olmos story line hasn't really developed yet. They have no interaction with any other character on the show so far.

It should get interesting by episode 4/5.

Really don't care for this storyline to be honest. Colin Hanks is such a terrible actor I can't stand it, and Olmos' character seems pretty 1 dimensional.

Really don't care for this storyline to be honest. Colin Hanks is such a terrible actor I can't stand it, and Olmos' character seems pretty 1 dimensional.

Yeah, I generally have faith in producers but this has been an odd/awkward start for those two. At this point I find myself getting bored whenever they pop up on screen, there is a lot of time left but it needs a big turnaround. I'm hoping there is a bigger picture to what they're doing and we just can't see it yet. Right now it just seems like some old nut recruited some younger nut to off a few people with the book of Revelations as a theme.

Archived