Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dexter: Season 6 (Season premier tonight at 9pm 10/2/11)!

'Skins_&_'Stons

Really don't care for this storyline to be honest. Colin Hanks is such a terrible actor I can't stand it, and Olmos' character seems pretty 1 dimensional.

I don't disagree, Colin Hanks was horrible in this third episode.

The tooth fairy store was nice but thought they cleaned it up really fast. It could have been an interesting dynamic where Dexter's childhood obsession returns only for him to slowly find out that it's most likely his future. They revealed it way too fast and could have played upon it more.

Both Hanks and Olmos are playing a really dry and dull character which doesn't really go with the pace of this show.

In regards to the Colin Hanks and Olmos plot, I'm starting to think that Olmos is a creation in Hanks head, kind of like Harry is to Dexter. Since the theme is Revelations and end times, it's good vs evil. As odd as it sounds, when the conflict between Dexter and Hanks begins, Dexter will represent the good side and Hanks the dark side. Hanks is probably exactly like Dexter. Olmos is to Hanks like the code of Harry is to Dexter. Dexter will represent the "good" killer because he only kills murderers. Hanks kills innocent people.

Of course I could be WAY off. The story may not be anywhere near that lol. It's just something I've been thinking about.

In regards to the Colin Hanks and Olmos plot, I'm starting to think that Olmos is a creation in Hanks head, kind of like Harry is to Dexter. Since the theme is Revelations and end times, it's good vs evil. As odd as it sounds, when the conflict between Dexter and Hanks begins, Dexter will represent the good side and Hanks the dark side. Hanks is probably exactly like Dexter. Olmos is to Hanks like the code of Harry is to Dexter. Dexter will represent the "good" killer because he only kills murderers. Hanks kills innocent people.

Of course I could be WAY off. The story may not be anywhere near that lol. It's just something I've been thinking about.

Wow, that's a pretty good theory. Makes sense, even if it turns out to be wrong.

In regards to the Colin Hanks and Olmos plot, I'm starting to think that Olmos is a creation in Hanks head, kind of like Harry is to Dexter.

That's actually a pretty reasonable possibility. The only time he's really been seen so far is when Hanks' character is alone usually (I mean that no one has has been seen talking to him). I don't think the guy he/they kidnapped and killed acknowledge him (Olmos) being there after he was caught trying to escape (they showed him standing in the doorway while Hanks was talking to the guy), though I can't remember exactly.

BTW, I hope Hanks' character kills Deb, who is the one character on the show I despise.

I actually like Deb, for a while I couldn't take her but she's grown on me a bit over time. I can see why some people might not like her though.

They won't kill off Deb, unless it's the final season of the show, even then I doubt it. It would be a bit cheesy to double dip on the shocking murder of someone that close to Dexter after the Rita thing.

I actually like Deb, for a while I couldn't take her but she's grown on me a bit over time. I can see why some people might not like her though.

They won't kill off Deb, unless it's the final season of the show, even then I doubt it. It would be a bit cheesy to double dip on the shocking murder of someone that close to Dexter after the Rita thing.

And she got shot during the season with Trinity Killer, so unfortunately, she's probably safe.

Can't quite put my finger on it, but this season isn't catching my attention like past seasons.

So what's up with Ryan Chambers? Maybe she is the "Whore of Babylon"..ie, Revelations? I'm not very versed in the Bible, but this season seems to be based on the book of Revelations. Anyone think she is a copycat killer? This should be interesting.

I don't know if it's the editing or the producing, but this season has seemed kind of off in those regards as well. Like at the end of this week's episode, the cut from Dexter saying there was no order (when he dropped the slides) to the horses seemed really awkward and sudden. Unless I'm missing some connection or attempt at symbolism there.

Also I agree there is something up with the intern chick.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think Deb's starting to realize that she literally doesn't KNOW Dexter at all. All those years of him listening to her whine about her own #### tricked her into thinking he was even remotely emotionally normal. She always knew he was weird, but she was able to write it off because she thought they were close anyways---really, he's been playing her like a fiddle their whole lives. He deflects every conversation to her, and lies to her more than anybody, in and out of work. And because she's a crazy emotional, self-absorbed twit half the time, despite being a good cop, she misses ALL the signs. No longer, I think.

Also, I think having the lab assistant that's creepily obsessed with Dexter dating the nanny that is constantly in his home, who also happens to be the Sergeant's sister, is a great way for other people to start putting together the pieces.

Anyone else think its a bit of a character inconsistency that Dexter's #1 fan admitted to not REALLY wanting to be in forensics, just wanting to get the inside scoop on how it all works to create a video game, and yet he idolizes Dexter's work as if that IS is life's goal?

Oh, and the guy involved with the coke hooker's death has to be Captain Mathews, right? We already know that she bribed him into her promotion because she knows about his involvement with a "Madame", basically the head of a whorehouse. And he's really the only one with enough pull above her that she'd try to cover up for--if only because it gives her even MORE pull with him in the future.

It has definitely picked up these last few episodes, but just when I was going to compliment Colin Hanks on his improved acting abilities (ninja ahead, spoiler for most recent epi if you haven't seen it!!!) - the scene where he found out his sister was killed was absolutely terrible.

I am glad Dex's brother is gone though.

---------- Post added November-21st-2011 at 09:12 PM ----------

I think Deb's starting to realize that she literally doesn't KNOW Dexter at all. All those years of him listening to her whine about her own #### tricked her into thinking he was even remotely emotionally normal. She always knew he was weird, but she was able to write it off because she thought they were close anyways---really, he's been playing her like a fiddle their whole lives. He deflects every conversation to her, and lies to her more than anybody, in and out of work. And because she's a crazy emotional, self-absorbed twit half the time, despite being a good cop, she misses ALL the signs. No longer, I think.

Also, I think having the lab assistant that's creepily obsessed with Dexter dating the nanny that is constantly in his home, who also happens to be the Sergeant's sister, is a great way for other people to start putting together the pieces.

Anyone else think its a bit of a character inconsistency that Dexter's #1 fan admitted to not REALLY wanting to be in forensics, just wanting to get the inside scoop on how it all works to create a video game, and yet he idolizes Dexter's work as if that IS is life's goal?

Oh, and the guy involved with the coke hooker's death has to be Captain Mathews, right? We already know that she bribed him into her promotion because she knows about his involvement with a "Madame", basically the head of a whorehouse. And he's really the only one with enough pull above her that she'd try to cover up for--if only because it gives her even MORE pull with him in the future.

Damn, I missed this post when I made mine.

Dexter is being a dick to Deb. I realize he has stuff to take care of, but damn. Your sister is clearly reaching out to you and you just blew her off twice in a row.

And yea, I agree LaGuerta was covering up for her boss.

Was very surprised at the ending last night!

SPOILER BELOW

If Gellar was dead, how did Dex spot him walking into that building where he got stuck in the elevator? The victim who escaped said there were two men - how could she have been mistaken? I love the twist, but are these plot holes?

SPOILER BELOW

If Gellar was dead, how did Dex spot him walking into that building where he got stuck in the elevator? The victim who escaped said there were two men - how could she have been mistaken? I love the twist, but are these plot holes?

*SPOILER* -- Although I don't think it's a spoiler if the episode has already aired.

If you watch the last episode again. Dexter is talking to and looking at Travis when Travis points out that Gellar is entering the building.

The two voices thing is a little harder to explain.. My guess is that Travis has conversations with Gellar (himself) and his voice changes when he's doing this.

*SPOILER* -- Although I don't think it's a spoiler if the episode has already aired.

If you watch the last episode again. Dexter is talking to and looking at Travis when Travis points out that Gellar is entering the building.

The two voices thing is a little harder to explain.. My guess is that Travis has conversations with Gellar (himself) and his voice changes when he's doing this.

That's the only explanation that makes sense - although I am cringing at the thought of Colin Hanks trying to pull that off.

Either way, I think this season has been pretty lame - Brother Sam was the best part but he was killed off so quickly that it didn't matter. Anytime you can predict a "twist" like that 4-5 episodes prior to the reveal, it's lame.

However, I am a bit intrigued to see how the intern plays into all of this now that they showed him owning the Ice Truck Killer hand from earlier in the season.

Either way, I think this season has been pretty lame - Brother Sam was the best part but he was killed off so quickly that it didn't matter. Anytime you can predict a "twist" like that 4-5 episodes prior to the reveal, it's lame.

I predicted the twist ahead of time also.. The writers had to have known that people would have caught onto this.. I'm holding out hope that this was purposefully done in order to have everyone's attention on that and then BOOM, Gotcha.. An even bigger twist in your face.

However, I am a bit intrigued to see how the intern plays into all of this now that they showed him owning the Ice Truck Killer hand from earlier in the season.

Maybe Elliott is a part of the DDK's.

Elliott meaning and name origin

Elliott \e-llio-

tt\ as a boy's name is a variant of Elliot (Greek, Hebrew), and the meaning of Elliott is "the Lord is my God".

Cool coincidence with the name.

SPOILER BELOW

Sort of what I thought, but he truly never saw Gellar face front, and the victim could have assumed that because of the conversation Travis was having it seemed like two men???

I like the show don't get me wrong but this year has not been stellar, especially at the department, Interns stealing evidence, the promotions fiasco with Deb, cmon really, now the hooker overdose on the Capt? Really?

The Captain Mathews thing was predictable. The "twist" was predictable. In fact, I called both of those things in this thread. Elliot being more than he seemed was predictable, if only because they were spending WAY too much time on him and the babysitter/sister. I hope they're setting that up for next season and don't do too much with it this season. Let it marinate and slowly reveal things as he becomes a bigger part of the show.

My biggest question is, what the hell was LaGuerta's creepy smile about when they were discussing taking care of Deb?

I like the "new Deb". She should be more perceptive of Dexter's bull**** now, too.

Archived