Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Avengers movie

ACW

I liked Serenity, enough to make me go back and watch Firefly. I still think that was a better series than any of the Star Treks after the original series and certainly better than anything of The Next Generation. Most Sci Fi in film has been stagnant though Person of Interest is fun if a stretch t call sci Fi from the traditional standards. Of course that is the problem. There seems to be a cookie cutter, "Sci Fi" when what is needed is something original enough to be a fantasy. Seems all we have are recycled Vampires.

I know. I am still shocked. It looks like over the top drivel. Damn it.

You're one of the very few people I've seen with that opinion. Most fans of the comics have really bought into to the trailer and released footage so far.

I mean it's a comic about a team of super heroes trying to save the world, of course it's going to be over the top... :)

You're one of the very few people I've seen with that opinion. Most fans of the comics have really bought into to the trailer and released footage so far.

I mean it's a comic about a team of super heroes trying to save the world, of course it's going to be over the top... :)

Well, I didn't say I was a fan of the comics. I would call myself a VERY casual comic book fan. Now, I happen to like a lot of the comic book movies, even liked most of the characters in this one: Captain America, Hulk, IronMan (only1 though, not 2). I thought Thor was pretty awful.

Anyway, maybe that's the difference, but I sorta expected comic book die hards to like it. I am surprised so many MOVIE critics are finding it worthwhile.

Am I right that the villian in Thor is the villain in this movie again? Why'd they pick that douchey character?

Well, I didn't say I was a fan of the comics. I would call myself a VERY casual comic book fan. Now, I happen to like a lot of the comic book movies, even liked most of the characters in this one: Captain America, Hulk, IronMan (only1 though, not 2). I thought Thor was pretty awful.

Anyway, maybe that's the difference, but I sorta expected comic book die hards to like it. I am surprised so many MOVIE critics are finding it worthwhile.

Am I right that the villian in Thor is the villain in this movie again? Why'd they pick that douchey character?

you gotta have a big bad guy with an army to warrant the need of a super team, and with the current universe a norse god fits the bill.

plus they had already alluded it to it at the end of thor.

probably would have been galactus if the fantastic four movies hadn't sucked so hard.

I'm a geek.I love it already, and no one is going to tell me otherwise.

Hulk SMASH

~Bang

Loki: "I have an army."

Tony Stark: "We have a Hulk."

I am comic book/superhero geek and will be seeing this opening day.

you gotta have a big bad guy with an army to warrant the need of a super team, and with the current universe a norse god fits the bill.

plus they had already alluded it to it at the end of thor.

probably would have been galactus if the fantastic four movies hadn't sucked so hard.

Nah, Galactus is strictly Fantastic Four, and occasionally appeared in Thor.

Loki is the norse god of mischief, and in the thor movie, he was definitely underdone.

He is also the first villain in Avengers #1 way back when.

Semi-related reading

http://www.amazon.com/The-Ultimates-Vol-Mark-Millar/dp/0785110828

Pretty awesome story. Hulk is badNasty.

~Bang

I am surprised. It looks awful. I just can't see me spending money on this for the theaters. I will await further reviews.

I have to say, 95% of everyone's reactions I know of to date no matter what type of movies they regularly like seem to be impressed with everything they've seen so far about it.

I've never understood that... Is that good or bad? Does that mean they think it will be great? or rotton?

OT, but I liked this revelation of how the Rotten Tomatoes methodology perplexes you. It added some context to my frequently being impressed with the very persistent, organized, information-rich (whether using valid data or not), and detailed manner in which you engage so many discussions, yet to such an often ineffective and erroneous conclusion. Reading this not only suggests some explanatory elements, but renders you even more endearing. :D :pfft: :)

Per the trailers and write-ups to date, I am very much encouraged by what seems to have been done in what I figured would be a very difficult task to pull off satisfactorily to any semi-critical viewer who likes the genre and these specific characters throughout their history. And I am one of those, ever since buying the the original comics when they first came out, as well as loving movies, sci-fi, and the super-hero/comics genre in general. I so "extra" love being really pleased with such a movie than being disappointed in this genre, and unfortunately I am used to the latter more than the former, and I hope I feel as good after seeing the flick as I do so far on the previews. Things have definitely been progressing in this genre in general over the years.

I'm a geek.I love it already, and no one is going to tell me otherwise.

Hulk SMASH

~Bang

Yep. I have basically been over the barrel for all the Marvel movies simply because I've waited so long for the live-action film industry to become capable of doing them right. I've dreamed about seeing the Hulk, the Thing, Thor, the Silver Surfer and co. on the big screen since the mid-70s. Now that they have arrived I'm not going to nitpick about details. Bring on the Avengers. :)

Except for those lines in the first X-Men film he takes credit for.

Personally, I have some doubts about Whedon's transition to the big screen, but I've actually liked what I've seen from the trailers. Looks like fun.

Ever see Serenity? I think it stands up on its own as a pretty good sci-fi action flick even for those not familiar with Firefly.

Ever see Serenity? I think it stands up on its own as a pretty good sci-fi action flick even for those not familiar with Firefly.

X2. Still have not seen a single episode of Firefly to this day, but i enjoyed Serenity quite a bit.

Archived